Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

karaokeman wrote: »
    Just finished watching Coldplay at Glastonbury and took note of the setlist.

Maybe we can expect something along these lines for Oxegen??

1. MX
    2. Yellow
    3. In My Place
    4. Lost!
    5. Major Minus
    6. The Scientist
    7. Shiver
    8. Violet Hill
    9. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
    10. Everything's Not Lost
    11. Us Against The World
    12. Viva la Vida
    13. Charlie Brown
    14. Life is for Living
    15. Clocks
    16. What A Wonderful World (snippet) / Fix You
    17. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

It was a cracking show. If we get the same energy, commitment, and fireworks then I don't care about the set :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

1. MX
    2. Yellow
    3. In My Place
    4. Lost!
    5. Major Minus
    6. The Scientist
    7. Shiver
    8. Violet Hill
    11. Us Against The World
    12. Viva la Vida
    13. Charlie Brown
    14. Life is for Living
    15. Clocks

Think i'll be heading back to the tent for some drinks when they're playing, rather not get depressed and consider a killing spree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Think i'll be heading back to the tent for some drinks when they're playing, rather not get depressed and consider a killing spree.

Dunno if you watched the Glasto performance just there but it was anything but depressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Fairly decent set by Noah and The Whale.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I hope we get Fix You from Coldplay and then i shall be happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

1. MX
    2. Yellow
    3. In My Place
    4. Lost!
    5. Major Minus
    6. The Scientist
    7. Shiver
    8. Violet Hill
    11. Us Against The World
    12. Viva la Vida
    13. Charlie Brown
    14. Life is for Living
    15. Clocks
    I'm not exactly the world's biggest Coldplay fan anyway, but I don't really like that setlist tbh. Coldplay, y u no play Life In Technicolour?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

ROFL at all the Haters..the same Ones that will be lapping it Up come Sunday Week and begging to get in the Pit..Coldplay did their Job tonight and did it DAMN GOOOD!!

ITS GONNA ROCK>>GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

ROFL at all the Haters..the same Ones that will be lapping it Up come Sunday Week and begging to get in the Pit..Coldplay did their Job tonight and did it DMAN GOOOD!!

Are you actually a 12 year old fangirl or do you just type like one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

ROFL at all the Haters..the same Ones that will be lapping it Up come Sunday Week and begging to get in the Pit..Coldplay did their Job tonight and did it DAMN GOOOD!!

Or maybe they'll be at one of the other stages?

Coldplay won't 'Rock'. That's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Yeah, God when they started playing Viva La Vida I literally had to fight every urge in my body not to top myself. It's just so Nirvana-depressing. And Clocks, that's the tune of every suicidal teen that I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

Guys, just to go slighty off topic for a minute. Anyone have any experience with the park and ride carpark at Geoffs ? Would you think there would be any hassle I were to sleep in the car for a couple of hours on the saturday night ? Just to sleep off the drink before heading away on sunday morning.

And yes, I'll stop drinking early, give it at least 12 hours. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

ratedR wrote: »
    Guys, just to go slighty off topic for a minute. Anyone have any experience with the park and ride carpark at Geoffs ? Would you think there would be any hassle I were to sleep in the car for a couple of hours on the saturday night ? Just to sleep off the drink before heading away on sunday morning.

And yes, I'll stop drinking early, give it at least 12 hours. Etc.

Do you mean goffs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I'm not a fan of Coldplay, but they were excellent at Glasto. Same goes for Beyonce.

1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Hey all , I am going to oxegen but I'm not camping, gonna be staying out near city west, anyone know of cheap (or free) methods of transport to get to Naas?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DarraghMcK

Wish Janelle Monae would play. her set at glastonbury was Amazing. The first few songs were awful but that might of been a sound issue. The very last song and the near 5 minute sort of dancy freestyle guitar sol thing looked incredible

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hey all , I am going to oxegen but I'm not camping, gonna be staying out near city west, anyone know of cheap (or free) methods of transport to get to Naas?

Cheers

Anyone got an answer to this?

Only thing i can think of is maybe the hotels out there run a mini bus?

If not it'll be taxi or check if the CIE regular bus stops at it.

s8n wrote: »
    Do you mean goffs ?

No, I meant Geoffs. Do you not know Geoff ? He lives quite close to Punchestown, opens his driveway up as a park and ride...

Of course I meant Goffs you trolling scrote. I can't apologise enough for my typo. :rolleyes: It was written after 3am in the morning though as you can see.

So now that I've clarified that I was talking about GOFFS, can you acutually add to what I asked ? Or are you just another turd that loves to hang out on this forum and point out others mistakes, making yourself feel like the big man. Place is full of them it seems.

lordgoat wrote: »

Sorry, misread this. Bus Eireann are running busses daily, but are €20 return.

why not camp? that seems like the simplest option

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

DarraghMcK wrote: »

I'd recommend any alternative to camping in oxegen to be honest. If I go to it, i'll drive and park in Goffs/Naas and shuttlebus it and that'll be that!

• Advertisement

I'd recommend any alternative to camping in oxegen to be honest. If I go to it, i'll drive and park in Goffs/Naas and shuttlebus it and that'll be that!

You Could use one of the luxury campsites. Basically mini hotels at this stage. Seem very comfortable and no need for buses etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I agree. I find not camping the best option if you want to have energy to see bands. Sleep in a tent or one of the luxery camp sites, or in a BnB in Naas even. You wont get much sleep in the campsite tbh. I usually stay with friends in the campsite drinking and chatting till about 2 or 3 then head off, I find it the best option. Id only camp if I was single and was hoping for some sexytime :pac::pac:

My god :eek: why didn't I think of that? Oh I did! got robbed last year so they can shove their camping up their ass!!

My god :eek: why didn't I think of that? Oh I did! got robbed last year so they can shove their camping up their ass!!

well otherwise aren't voluntarily allowing the hotels to rob you blind but maybe thats just me?

well otherwise aren't voluntarily allowing the hotels to rob you blind but maybe thats just me?
    well at €30 a night and knowing you have a bed/shower and a safe place to go back to I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

ratedR wrote: »
    No, I meant Geoffs. Do you not know Geoff ? He lives quite close to Punchestown, opens his driveway up as a park and ride...

Of course I meant Goffs you trolling scrote. I can't apologise enough for my typo. :rolleyes: It was written after 3am in the morning though as you can see.

So now that I've clarified that I was talking about GOFFS, can you acutually add to what I asked ? Or are you just another turd that loves to hang out on this forum and point out others mistakes, making yourself feel like the big man. Place is full of them it seems.

Apology accepted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

But yeah least we still have both Beyonce and Coldplay, now all thats missing is U2 and Oxegen would triumph over Glastonbury this year.

Whether or not U2 play Oxegen is neither here nor there, Oxegen will never 'triumph over Glastonbury' as you put it, which is in a totally different place on so many levels. Personally I thought U2 were a little flat at Glastonbury, and you can keep Coldplay too (although I thought they played well), I enjoyed Morrissey & Jimmy Cliff among others, happy :)xegen . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hallieP

ok quick question - to buy drink in dublin and bring it down or just buy enough for one day and keep getting the shuttle to naas? im camping. also im 17 so what kind of id will i bring? i dont really want to bring my passport incase it gets nicked but i only have a provisional driving license would that do the job if i brought it with a photocopy of my passport ? thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

263675_10150297704420260_65633730259_9524513_7210816_n.jpg

260025_10150297704720260_65633730259_9524523_4421275_n.jpg

267310_10150297705000260_65633730259_9524532_3953083_n.jpg

268170_10150297705255260_65633730259_9524541_3431727_n.jpg

267300_10150297705565260_65633730259_9524554_4849944_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Somebody should be jailed for not putting Strokes on Main Stage

Advertisement