Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Gutted that beyonce and the national are going to clash...if there are any boards members who would like to volunteer their missus to hang out with mine while she watches beyonce and I watch the national, please feel free to let me know.
    There isnt actaully a whole lot else on that Sunday that I would really have to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Somebody should be jailed for not putting Strokes on Main Stage

It's the right place for them imo, whilst BEP are total sh*te, they pulled a huge crowd last year at the Vodafone stage so makes sense to put Strokes on Vodafone stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

We still wont be totally sure about clashes until they release actual times... Curse you Oxegen, you're announcements are always half arsed!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

s8n wrote: »
    Apology accepted

Dildo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Going by the breakdown my days will be

FRIDAY
    The Blackout
    All Time Low
    Weezer
    House Of Pain (hopefully just to get the last song)
    MCR/Saw Doctors (not sure which one)
    Tinie Tempah
    Noah And The Whale

SATURDAY
    The Pretty Reckless
    Bruno Mars
    Imelda May
    City and Colour
    Foo Fighters

SUNDAY
    The Rubberbandits
    Ryan Sheridan
    Manic Street Preachers
    Slash/Jimmy Eat World
    Beyonce/The National
    Coldplay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Also, as pleased as I am about the announcement of The Rubberbandits, that can't honestly be the entirety of the line up announced now can it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NShadows wrote: »
    Also, as pleased as I am about the announcement of The Rubberbandits, that can't honestly be the entirety of the line up announced now can it?

Yup. I will admit it looks like they spent all the money on the major acts which means not as many under-card acts (but there still is a good few).

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

263675_10150297704420260_65633730259_9524513_7210816_n.jpg

260025_10150297704720260_65633730259_9524523_4421275_n.jpg

267310_10150297705000260_65633730259_9524532_3953083_n.jpg

268170_10150297705255260_65633730259_9524541_3431727_n.jpg

267300_10150297705565260_65633730259_9524554_4849944_n.jpg

i went onto boards hoping someone would put each breakdown of the stages up.. thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭fee fi fo fum

I'm very confused by the 'My Hab' situation.

Has anyone officially gotten it that they will not be at Oxegen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

NShadows wrote: »

They were announced ages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

It's the right place for them imo, whilst BEP are total sh*te, they pulled a huge crowd last year at the Vodafone stage so makes sense to put Strokes on Vodafone stage.

Yes but surely Script & Strokes + Deadmau5 & BEP would be a much better combination on either stage, cant see too many Strokes fans wanting to go to Deadmau5 beforehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yes but surely Script & Strokes + Deadmau5 & BEP would be a much better combination on either stage, cant see too many Strokes fans wanting to go to Deadmau5 beforehand

Deadmau5 is on the Saturday?

SHM are before The Strokes. And you'll find more people wanting to see them that The Script, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

By this list my weekend may be;

(going from last until first)

Friday
    The Black Eyed Peas
    The Script
    My Chemical Romance
    The Saw Doctors
    All Time Low
    The Blackout
    Fun Lovin' Criminals

Saturday
    Foo Fighters
    Brandon Flowers
    Beady Eye
    Bruno Mars
    Eliza Doolittle
    Jessie J
    Big Country
    Fox Avenue
    Sweet Jane
    Consumer Love Affair

Sunday
    Coldplay
    Beyonce
    Slash
    Jimmy Eat World
    Ocean Colour Scheme
    The Saturdays
    The Rubberbandits
    Brother
    The Capitals

That is until I contact my friends who are going and see what they think would be best.
    And hey what happened to Fox E on the Hot Press stage:eek:?

baz2009 wrote: »
    SHM are before The Strokes. And you'll find more people wanting to see them that The Script, I'd imagine.

My mistake meant SHM, still though i'd rather see the script beforehand, at least they are a band and not a bunch of dj's, i'm sure this is the case for many others

Anyone making out lists of who they want to see be warned that you'll probably end up staying at the one stage for most of the day to keep hold of a spot up the front, definitely not worth leaving a sweet spot to go off to another stage only to try and come back to the same stage later on imo. Happened to me last year anyway, ended up staying at the main stage on the saturday from 2pm till 1am because we were way up the front, had planned to go off and see Rise Against or someone but if wouldnt have been worth giving up our spots for Muse and Kasabian

Looking like:

Friday:
    Original Rudeboys.
    House of Pain.
    Weezer.
    Example.
    Calvin Harris.
    The Strokes.

Might try and snake in Noah and The Whale too.

Saturday:
    Church + Gordo.
    Freaks From Dublin.
    Probably a bit of Jessie J 'cause she's fine.
    Two Door Cinema Club.
    Plan B(ugh).
    Beady Eye.
    Arctic Monkeys.
    Foo Fighters.

Sunday:
    Rubber Bandits.
    Ryan Sheridan.
    Friendly Fires.
    Crookers.
    Pendulum.

Sunday looks like a day for wandering, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Not bad for me, not really any clashes i could care too much for...

Going for My Chemical Romance mainly, will probaly catch the rest of the acts on the main stage that day up to them, the script...then head over and watch the strokes :)

Take the other days more casually :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 audreykerr

Anyone making out lists of who they want to see be warned that you'll probably end up staying at the one stage for most of the day to keep hold of a spot up the front, definitely not worth leaving a sweet spot to go off to another stage only to try and come back to the same stage later on imo. Happened to me last year anyway, ended up staying at the main stage on the saturday from 2pm till 1am because we were way up the front, had planned to go off and see Rise Against or someone but if wouldnt have been worth giving up our spots for Muse and Kasabian

That's not always the case.
    I was way up the front Saturday afternoon on the main stage.
    Left to go see few other bands.
    Got a better spot right up the front for Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

ratedR wrote: »
    Dildo.

??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Bloody Beetroots, Deadmau5 and Foo Fighters clash, MCD are sick people :(
    Not even going to bother planning out who I'm going to see because I don't exactly stick to plans when I'm drunk and I don't want to spend the entire time at different stages than my friends. I will go and see the Strokes alone if necessary though, I don't even care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Namlub wrote: »
    Bloody Beetroots, Deadmau5 and Foo Fighters clash, MCD are sick people :(
    Not even going to bother planning out who I'm going to see because I don't exactly stick to plans when I'm drunk and I don't want to spend the entire time at different stages than my friends. I will go and see the Strokes alone if necessary though, I don't even care

Calvin Harris clashing with Swedish House Mafia too, what's the point in having Electronic acts clashing together all the time, they should all be on the same stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

seanbmc wrote: »
    Calvin Harris clashing with Swedish House Mafia too, what's the point in having Electronic acts clashing together all the time, they should all be on the same stage.

Jebus, don't go see Calvin Harris or Swedish House Mafia. The Script would be a better choice, much prefer their indie tunes than any of that hardcore dance/club stuff

karaokeman wrote: »
    Jebus, don't go see Calvin Harris or Swedish House Mafia. The Script would be a better choice, much prefer their indie tunes than any of that hardcore dance/club stuff

Calvin Harris or SHM on a bad day >>>>> The Script on a good day.

Since when are The Script 'indie'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Na sorry, I hate The Script ;). And they are by no means indie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Speechless.

seanbmc wrote: »
    I know there are going to be clashes but they could afford to spread very similar artists with the same type of fanbase out a bit more considering there are way fewer acts than last year. I was delighted with Tinie Tempah/SHM/The
    Strokes until I realised Example and Calvin Harris are on at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMYzkDfzbxCwzJ7S-UL5YNRElq495OehRQor6CXR8c5-3oj9E0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

The line up worked out pretty well for me.. Except for SHM and The Script clash.. noo :( I wanted to see both!

The Saturday headliners are pretty lame.. so it'll be Brandon Flowers and then Foos for me (Just for the hits. :P)

• Advertisement

Is it just me that can't find Mumford and Sons anywhere? They were definitely on the poster, right?

Advertisement