Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    The line up worked out pretty well for me.. Except for SHM and The Script clash.. noo :( I wanted to see both!

The Saturday headliners are pretty lame.. so it'll be Brandon Flowers and then Foos for me (Just for the hits. :P)

Saturday is the best day, imo. Paolo Nutini, Flowers and Arctic Monkeys is a cúnt. I'm not moving from the main stage on Saturday evening, though. Gonna do my best to be at the front for Arctic Monkeys and Foos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Namlub wrote: »
    Is it just me that can't find Mumford and Sons anywhere? They were definitely on the poster, right?

They're not playing! :confused:

Namlub wrote: »
    Is it just me that can't find Mumford and Sons anywhere? They were definitely on the poster, right?

Fairly sure they weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

baz2009 wrote: »
    Fairly sure they weren't.
    Oh yeah that might have been last year actually. Ahem >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Raging over the Tinie Tempah/Example clash.
    So my fridays like this

Weezer, Example, Calvin Harris, The strokes

Saturday the most 'meh' of days because of clashes
    professor green, arctic monkeys
    foo fighters

sunday
    royseven
    manics
    jimmy eat workd
    beyonce, nothing else remotely interests me at that time
    pendulum

Am actually staying in bewleys hotel newlands cross, would it be worth taxiing it to goffs park and ride? Don't want to drive (want to drink).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Bit annoyed by the Arctic Monkeys and Paolo Nutini clash seeing as Paolo was 3rd from the top on the main stage last year, thought he'd have the same slot. No other major clashes that will bother me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Friday

House of pain
    Example
    Tinie Tempah
    SHM
    The Strokes

Saturday

Two door cinema club
    Paolo Nutini
    Foos

Sunday

Manic street p
    Slash
    Coldplay

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

funkyflea wrote: »
    Raging over the Tinie Tempah/Example clash.
    So my fridays like this

Weezer, Example, Calvin Harris, The strokes

Saturday the most 'meh' of days because of clashes
    professor green, arctic monkeys
    foo fighters

sunday
    royseven
    manics
    jimmy eat workd
    beyonce, nothing else remotely interests me at that time
    pendulum

Am actually staying in bewleys hotel newlands cross, would it be worth taxiing it to goffs park and ride? Don't want to drive (want to drink).

check out dublincoach.ie they go to Naas for €5 from the Red Cow and it might stop across the road from Bewleys or you could walk to the Red Cow

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭oisingeogho

Friday
    The Strokes
    Swedish House Mafia
    Calvin Harris
    Example
    Noah & The Whale
    The Naked And Famous
    Weezer
    Saw Doctors

Saturday
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys
    Paolo Nutini
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Imelda May
    Eliza Doolittle
    Little Green Cars

Sunday
    Coldplay
    Beyonce
    The National
    Crystal Castles
    Chase And Status
    Fight Like Apes
    Bipolar Empire
    Ryan Sheridan

Well as many of them as i can haha

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

going for the day Sunday but would like to head up the sat evening and camp somewhere near the venue the sat and sun nite.. is there anything like that near enough the place? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Icanhazcookie?

Anyone who has been to Oxegen before, could you tell me about some things? :) Like if I put a lock on my tent, will it be broken into?
    And the toilets, how much do the clean ones cost? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

I think during the clashes for most I'm just gonna go half and half during the sets!

For me:

Friday
    The Strokes
    Calvin Harris/Swedish House Mafia
    Example
    Weezer
    All Time Low

Saturday
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys
    Beady Eye
    Plan B
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Jessie J (Also meeting her at some stage before, won a competition for 2 meet and greet passes for her!)

So I can basically just stay at the main stage all day, try and get a decent spot for Foos!

Sunday
    Coldplay/Pendulum (That clash broke my heart)
    Beyonce
    Jimmy Eat World
    Manic Street Preachers
    Kesha
    Ryan Sheridan/The Saturdays (For no reason other than Una Healy is a minter)
    Rubberbandits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Some horrible clashes for me personally.
    I've seen Deadmau5 live before and the crowd he brought were unsavory. I suppose that's been taken into consideration for a few acts. I don't want to sound like a snob or call people knackers because it is the alleged knackers who are by far the nicest people at oxegen. They helped me out something serious last year however there are a few who ruin it for the bunch.

Saw Ryan Sheridan last year with about only 100 others in the 2FM tent so will give him a miss this year. Best to just go see a load of new bands if your like me and don't drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Some horrible clashes for me personally.
    I've seen Deadmau5 live before and the crowd he brought were unsavory. I suppose that's been taken into consideration for a few acts. I don't want to sound like a snob or call people knackers because it is the alleged knackers who are by far the nicest people at oxegen. They helped me out something serious last year however there are a few who ruin it for the bunch.

Saw Ryan Sheridan last year with about only 100 others in the 2FM tent so will give him a miss this year. Best to just go see a load of new bands if your like me and don't drink.

Where did you see deadmau5? I saw him at the 02, but there were far too many 15-16 year olds who caouldn't handle their drink/drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

seanbmc wrote: »
    Where did you see deadmau5? I saw him at the 02, but there were far too many 15-16 year olds who caouldn't handle their drink/drugs.

Olympia last year. He was great however there were massive DJ's sets before hand. Some people fried on pills there regardless, seemed an older crowd than what was reported at the O2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 aingel

Going for the first time this year and have two bus options on the Thursday. Either arriving at 10am or 4pm. Which is better? to be honest Id rather not have to get the earlier one but I've heard people say that all the good pitches will be gone by the afternoon and we'll be left beside the toilets or in a flood or something?
    Any ideas? Thanks :)

How long is the wait in the que on Thursday morning, roughly?

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Olympia last year. He was great however there were massive DJ's sets before hand. Some people fried on pills there regardless, seemed an older crowd than what was reported at the O2.

Once you get past the unsavoury members of the crowd, deadmau5's shows are unreal. Think I'll be going to him this year as I've seen the Foos a few times.

aingel wrote: »
    Going for the first time this year and have two bus options on the Thursday. Either arriving at 10am or 4pm. Which is better? to be honest Id rather not have to get the earlier one but I've heard people say that all the good pitches will be gone by the afternoon and we'll be left beside the toilets or in a flood or something?

I got there around 1pm on a thursday and we got a grand shpot :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

aingel wrote: »

Camping gets quite busy after 6pm or so as people come after work etc, you should get a good enough spot at 4pm though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Friday
    The Strokes
    Swedish House Mafia vs. Noah & The Whale
    Example vs. The Naked & Famous
    Can't make up my mind for the rest - recommendations?

Saturday
    Foo Fighters (disappointed about Deadmau5 clash tbh)
    Arctic Monkeys (not moving because I'd like to be close to the stage for FF, otherwise City and Colour)
    Professor Green
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Bressie

Sunday
    Coldplay
    The National
    Jimmy Eat World
    Manic Street Preachers
    Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Anyone who has been to Oxegen before, could you tell me about some things? :) Like if I put a lock on my tent, will it be broken into?
    And the toilets, how much do the clean ones cost? Thanks :)

Never been to Oxegen before, but I read about the same questions on their forum. Locking your tent is a big no, it just directs attention to your tent over the thousands of others; "What's in there worth a lock?". Use the lockers for valuables if you can't leave them at home. Bring nothing you don't want lost or stolen and never leave anything in your tent (e.g. money, phone, camera, ipod, jewellery, expensive spirits etc) unattended. The lock won't stop people slashing your tent to find the goodies, and then you've got a tent that's no longer waterproof and all your stuff stolen.

The "clean" toilets, I assume the Comfy Crappers is what you're on about? It depends, paying at the festival on a per-use basis is most expensive. You can pre-purchase uses (e.g. 3 uses for £8 or 7 uses for £12) for yourself or a group of friends from the Comfy Crappers website. You can also purchase Wristbands for £13.50 which are for your own use only but does mean you can use the facilities an unlimited amount of times. There's a post on the Oxegen forum that says they're not up to much but I suppose they are cleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If I had to choose a day, I'd do Sunday.

I have to say MCD are being a little more eclectic with their Main Stage slots this year, though there seems to be less acts and stages than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭bren2001

I don't feel that any day particularly stands out. They all have terrible opening acts. Its the one thing I hate about Oxegen is the lack of thought early on in the day.

I suppose if I had to pick only one day it would be Saturday, purely for the Brandon Flowers aspect of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

This may be a stab in the dark but does anyone know if there will be a place at Oxegen to catch the British grand prix? Big screen etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

The "clean" toilets, I assume the Comfy Crappers is what you're on about? It depends, paying at the festival on a per-use basis is most expensive. You can pre-purchase uses (e.g. 3 uses for £8 or 7 uses for £12) for yourself or a group of friends from the Comfy Crappers website. You can also purchase Wristbands for £13.50 which are for your own use only but does mean you can use the facilities an unlimited amount of times. There's a post on the Oxegen forum that says they're not up to much but I suppose they are cleaner

I got one of those unlimited use wristbands free one year cause it was my birthday but it was on the Sunday and the Comfy Crappers were too far from everything so I never bothered using it! My bf used them once and thought they were alright, nothing fantastic. I honestly wouldn't spend money on them but that's just my opinion obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

guys anyone know if theres any way of meeting afrojack backstage for a mortal like me without connections..? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Them stage breakdowns are breaking my heart.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I have to say MCD are being a little more eclectic with their Main Stage slots this year, though there seems to be less acts and stages than usual.

Which means longer sets maybe? Presume the likes of Weezer/MCR/Beady Eye etc will get an hour with Script/AM/Beyonce getting just over an hour and BEP/FF/Coldplay getting just under 2 hours or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PuddleMooders

guys anyone know if theres any way of meeting afrojack backstage for a mortal like me without connections..? :confused:

Don't they have a signing tent where some artists go to sign merchandise for fans? You just queue up and wait your turn to meet them. I guess you could pray that Afrojack is on the list to be in the tent as not everyone wants to do it.

Advertisement