Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

tomissex wrote: »
    I got one of those unlimited use wristbands free one year cause it was my birthday but it was on the Sunday and the Comfy Crappers were too far from everything so I never bothered using it! My bf used them once and thought they were alright, nothing fantastic. I honestly wouldn't spend money on them but that's just my opinion obviously!

The location of these comfy crappers seems to have improved though judging by the map, they're dotted around the place (e.g. on the walk from the Blue campsite to the Arena there are a few). I've heard some proper horror stories about regular portaloos

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Don't they have a signing tent where some artists go to sign merchandise for fans? You just queue up and wait your turn to meet them. I guess you could pray that Afrojack is on the list to be in the tent as not everyone wants to do it.

i REALLY doubt he'll be doing it... pity though, would have even payed someone to get me backstage to meet the guy himself..big fan :o

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Going by the breakdown it'll be the following for me,

Friday:

The Black Eyed Peas (Nothing else on at that time I like),
    The Script/Swedish House Mafia/Calvin Harris,
    Example,
    The Original Rude Boys,

Saturday:
    Deadmau5,
    Arctic Monkeys/Paolo Nutini,
    Jessie J,
    Bruno Mars,
    Two door cinema club.

Sunday:
    Coldplay/Pendulum,
    Beyonce,
    Manic Street preachers,
    The Saturdays,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

This may be a stab in the dark but does anyone know if there will be a place at Oxegen to catch the British grand prix? Big screen etc?

I hope so, but we could always head into Naas and watch it there if needs be.
    I'd imagine there'd be a big enough crowd wanting to watch it to warrant a big screen though.

FF/DM clash is killing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Right so last year I hit Oxegen Saturday morning as i couldnt get the Friday off went up around ten o clock and even though i had a 3day camping ticket they wouldnt let me in til one with all the day ticket holders. Im in the exact same posistion this year unable to get the Friday off but this year i have my actual ticket not a box office collection like last year..does anybody know if this would be any diffrent to last year? Thanks in advance have asked several ticketmaster sales reps but they havnt a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

peppapig24 wrote: »
    Right so last year I hit Oxegen Saturday morning as i couldnt get the Friday off went up around ten o clock and even though i had a 3day camping ticket they wouldnt let me in til one with all the day ticket holders. Im in the exact same posistion this year unable to get the Friday off but this year i have my actual ticket not a box office collection like last year..does anybody know if this would be any diffrent to last year? Thanks in advance have asked several ticketmaster sales reps but they havnt a clue.
    were you trying to go in the day ticket holders entrance? :confused:

i've seen people arriving on saturday morning with camping tickets in previous years and getting in fine.
    as long as you're going in the campsite entrance, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

No but because i needed to go to the box office they wouldnt let me through the campsite end ridiculous really spent hours argueing but to no avail. Hopefully with a ticket in hand this year it will be diffrent. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I hope so, but we could always head into Naas and watch it there if needs be.
    I'd imagine there'd be a big enough crowd wanting to watch it to warrant a big screen though.

FF/DM clash is killing me...

No chance of F1 being shown up there man, only way to watch would be Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

ratedR wrote: »
    Guys, just to go slighty off topic for a minute. Anyone have any experience with the park and ride carpark at Geoffs ? Would you think there would be any hassle I were to sleep in the car for a couple of hours on the saturday night ? Just to sleep off the drink before heading away on sunday morning.

And yes, I'll stop drinking early, give it at least 12 hours. Etc.
    s8n wrote: »
    Do you mean goffs ?
    ratedR wrote: »
    No, I meant Geoffs. Do you not know Geoff ? He lives quite close to Punchestown, opens his driveway up as a park and ride...

Of course I meant Goffs you trolling scrote. I can't apologise enough for my typo. :rolleyes: It was written after 3am in the morning though as you can see.

So now that I've clarified that I was talking about GOFFS, can you acutually add to what I asked ? Or are you just another turd that loves to hang out on this forum and point out others mistakes, making yourself feel like the big man. Place is full of them it seems.

lol!

Does anyone know the answer BTW? :confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

sooooooo on da subject of sneaking in...anyone got any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 DarraghMcK

partyndbs wrote: »

"Tunnel leading into the campsite letting out in a tent. Watch and laugh as people of their faces on drugs remark at the hundreds piling out of a 2 man tent shouting "Its the tardis! :O"

Paraphrased form Bill Bailey

Yeah, don't be so tight and cough up like the rest of us decent folk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

what fun wud that be? hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Eh, you might actually get to see some of the acts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Don't come. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

more fun than either:

A: ending up in naas garda station
    B: getting your arse handed to you by security
    C: actually getting into the site but not being able to do a ****ing thing because of a lack of wristband.

cough up or dont bother...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Is it possible to charge mobile phone in Oxegen ?

Staying in campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Sorry to ask a question that may have been asked a number of times before but..

Myself and the missus are considering the luxury campsite (green) and getting a pre-pitched tent from one of the suppliers.

Has anyone stayed in the green site before? Is the extra moolah worth it i.e. is there no hassle on this site/are the facilities much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is it possible to charge mobile phone in Oxegen ?

Staying in campsite

yep, there's a few charging stalls that you leave your phone with them for a few hours, and they charge you something like a tenner.

bringing an older phone that will last the weekend on a single charge is a much better idea IMO than bringing an expensive one that needs to be charged constantly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

connundrum wrote: »
    Sorry to ask a question that may have been asked a number of times before but..

Myself and the missus are considering the luxury campsite (green) and getting a pre-pitched tent from one of the suppliers.

Has anyone stayed in the green site before? Is the extra moolah worth it i.e. is there no hassle on this site/are the facilities much better?

sadly its the most water logged prone area, its quite far away from the arena, but its nice to be in a site free of the usual trouble, worth it imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Any word on weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Hi everyone...

A friend and I got Friday to Sunday tickets for the Blue Fri - Sun camping. I was looking on the Oxegen site and can't find any information regarding the time the campsite opens on Friday? I was looking around on other forums and someone said check your ticket but it doesn't say (we printed the tickets)!! Does anybody know what time the Blue Fri - Sun campsite opens at on Friday?

Ideally we want to be there as early as possible (to avoid the queues and traffic and get somewhere good to camp) but I was looking at the Oxegen bus timetables and Dublin bus only run from 12 noon on Friday which seems a bit stupid considering it takes like an hour to get there, then another few hours to get in and put up your tent. Is there a way we could get there early on the Friday (before campsite opens) that wouldn't cost too much? Or should we go down on the Thursday night and queue up all night outside.

You are probably thinking why didn't we get 4 day tickets but my friend is only flying in from England on the Thursday evening so it was kinda impossible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Hi everyone...

Is there a way we could get there early on the Friday that wouldn't cost too much? Or should we go down on the Thursday night and queue up all night outside.

Get the 126 Bus from Busaras or Heuston Station to Naas Friday morning, then the free shuttle bus from the centre of Naas into Punchestown- it picks you up the same place the 126 bus drops you off. Havent got the bus to Naas in a long time but it was around €6 for a single ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Hi everyone...

A friend and I got Friday to Sunday tickets for the Blue Fri - Sun camping. I was looking on the Oxegen site and can't find any information regarding the time the campsite opens on Friday? I was looking around on other forums and someone said check your ticket but it doesn't say (we printed the tickets)!! Does anybody know what time the Blue Fri - Sun campsite opens at on Friday?

Ideally we want to be there as early as possible (to avoid the queues and traffic and get somewhere good to camp) but I was looking at the Oxegen bus timetables and Dublin bus only run from 12 noon on Friday which seems a bit stupid considering it takes like an hour to get there, then another few hours to get in and put up your tent. Is there a way we could get there early on the Friday (before campsite opens) that wouldn't cost too much? Or should we go down on the Thursday night and queue up all night outside.

You are probably thinking why didn't we get 4 day tickets but my friend is only flying in from England on the Thursday evening so it was kinda impossible :(

As far as I'm aware, the campsite opens at 12 each day. If you want to go in on Thursday night it's 20 euro extra.

http://www.oxegen.ie/info/opening-times/

As far as I'm aware, the campsite opens at 12 each day. If you want to go in on Thursday night it's 20 euro extra.

http://www.oxegen.ie/info/opening-times/

That page says the campsite opens at 12pm on Thursday and closes on Monday at 2pm. It doesn't say the campsite ever closes other than then, so I can't imagine if you show up at 9am Friday looking to pitch your tent you'll be told it's closed...

That page says the campsite opens at 12pm on Thursday and closes on Monday at 2pm. It doesn't say the campsite ever closes other than then, so I can't imagine if you show up at 9am Friday looking to pitch your tent you'll be told it's closed...

you sir are correct. You can get access to the campsite at any time. If you arrive Friday morning at 9am with a camping ticket, you can get into the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

As long as it's after 1AM Friday morning, you're in

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Ah that's grand then. Thanks alot of that information. Was just a bit worried it would be closed. Definitely going to take the bus to Naas then, alot cheaper than the 20 Euro return on Dublin Bus.

On the camping thing. Do you reckon there will be many spaces left on Friday if we get there early? Is the Fri - Sun camping in a different area or is it all joined up?

Yeah I wouldn't worry about camping space, if you're getting there Friday morning there will be plenty of space. Its all the same campsite, but its fairly massive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Hey folks, sorry to ask a bizarre question but...
    I'm literally broke and can't afford any extra expenses to my weekend than what I've already budgeted for, and I've heard that there's a Durex tent that gives free condoms... Is that true/reliable? Or should I just spend a few bucks buying them? (I'd rather try and find free ones but in this case it's literally better safe than sorry)

Advertisement