Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

connundrum wrote: »
    Sorry to ask a question that may have been asked a number of times before but..

Myself and the missus are considering the luxury campsite (green) and getting a pre-pitched tent from one of the suppliers.

Has anyone stayed in the green site before? Is the extra moolah worth it i.e. is there no hassle on this site/are the facilities much better?

I've stayed there and think it's much better. You'll actually be able to get sleep there, and the showers are a lot better. The toilets are pretty much the same but more available. There are less locked people wandering around and since the tents are spaced out, nobody trips over them and wrecks them.

I've never noticed it being water logged like melekalikimaka says, and I thought it was pretty much the same distance to the Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

http://vodafoneoxegen.com/vodafone-tent/

Free phone charging apparently. Can't find T's & C's to contradict it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    I've stayed there and think it's much better. You'll actually be able to get sleep there, and the showers are a lot better. The toilets are pretty much the same but more available. There are less locked people wandering around and since the tents are spaced out, nobody trips over them and wrecks them.

I've never noticed it being water logged like melekalikimaka says, and I thought it was pretty much the same distance to the Arena.

That sounds delightful, how much extra does the luxury section cost? Anything less than €100 would sell it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

bazzer86 wrote: »
    That sounds delightful, how much extra does the luxury section cost? Anything less than €100 would sell it for me

You've to 'rent' a tent from these people http://www.tangerinefields.com/catalog/category/view/s/oxegen-festival-2011/id/419/

Cheapest price is €170 for the smallest tent which will be pre-erected for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Anybody got any tips to avoid hassle from scumbags! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

NShadows wrote: »
    Hey folks, sorry to ask a bizarre question but...
    I'm literally broke and can't afford any extra expenses to my weekend than what I've already budgeted for, and I've heard that there's a Durex tent that gives free condoms... Is that true/reliable? Or should I just spend a few bucks buying them? (I'd rather try and find free ones but in this case it's literally better safe than sorry)

You're better safe than sorry. The CPA usually give out single condom packs as part of their health awareness programmes. No word if they are doing it this year.

Good to see that your an optimist though! :D

Actually you might be in luck: http://thinkcontraception.ie/Quizzes-Games-Events/Events.149.1.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Stay at home;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

bazzer86 wrote: »

It'll be 170 for a two man tent so it's not too bad between two people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

stay at home and give me your ticket:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Stage Times
    oxegenlineup_large.jpg

And with the new lineup, my planner looks like:

Friday
    Swedish House Mafia
    The Strokes
    Example
    Weezer/?
    House of Pain/?

Saturday
    Foo Fighters
    Arctic Monkeys
    The Vaccines
    Professor Green/Eliza Doolittle
    Bressie/Two Door Cinema Club

Sunday
    Coldplay
    The National
    Jummy Eat World
    Manic Street Preachers
    Royseven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Annoyed about that Slash/Jimmy Eat World clash. The only acts I am really interested in on the Sunday =/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Strokes aren't even headlining the vodafone stage? What has the world come to... And they're clashing with Calvin Harris, his sets are always awesome :/

Eels clashing with the Foos....

Looks like i won't be going near the Maine Stage on sunday, apart from a bit of Ryan Sheridan maybe...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Annoyed about that Slash/Jimmy Eat World clash. The only acts I am really interested in on the Sunday =/

Very much so. And the Srokes under SHM:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The Strokes not closing the Vodafone stage has hit a nerve on facebook, and I'm raging about it too. Would much prefer the other way around, I'd skip SHM and catch Naked & Famous and Noah & the Whale instead :(

Yea im shocked that SHM are headlining Vodafone. Why not move them to Saturday and headline Green Spheres instead of those indie djs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yea im shocked that SHM are headlining Vodafone. Why not move them to Saturday and headline Green Spheres instead of those indie djs

Was just about to post here asking who the Propaganda DJ's are, especially headlining a stage ahead of Brandon Flowers, not that im a fan of his but I hadnt even heard of these DJ's.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

LeftField Vs SHM Vs Sven Vath; Calvin Harris Vs Strokes Vs TIGA; Foo Vs Deadmau5 Vs THE BLOODY BEETROOTS; Pendulum Vs Afrojack Vs Primal Scream; Beyonce Vs Crookers. Fake Blood Vs Crystal Castles.
    **** BUZZ!

Pissed off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

great news about the SHM/Strokes thing, can catch all of the Strokes, then all of Leftfield, if i do go on friday...

Im not bothered about the clashes, bit pissed off Pendulum are headlining ahead of The National though. Only good thing is I can leave right after they finish and go see another stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 IWANNADANCE

Me and my friend have 4 day camping tickets , 3 of my other friends only have 1 day tickets as they cant afford 4 day but i really want them to stay as it wud be better craic the more people there !! is there anyway they cud stay ?? they have ticket for the friday !! but cud they stay with us the whole weekend ??

• Advertisement

VIP Camping :P

Me and my friend have 4 day camping tickets , 3 of my other friends only have 1 day tickets as they cant afford 4 day but i really want them to stay as it wud be better craic the more people there !! is there anyway they cud stay ?? they have ticket for the friday !! but cud they stay with us the whole weekend ??

No, you get checked going in and out so on the saturday morning they'd be stuck in the campsite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Corholio wrote: »
    Was just about to post here asking who the Propaganda DJ's are, especially headlining a stage ahead of Brandon Flowers, not that im a fan of his but I hadnt even heard of these DJ's.

they're djs that play Propaganda indie night in the Academy that MCD push at every opportunity.

bizarre that they're last on the 3rd biggest stage, they're not even that good, just typical indie-pop ****, incredibly predictable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

i wish i was going :(

Here's a question for anyone who has gone green before, were you able to convince them to let Red/Blue camper "guests" in with you to green?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Damn. Plans to see The Vaccines and Beady Eye are out the window. And I have to sit through Plan B to get a pit place sorted for Saturday night. Not all that satisfactory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 IWANNADANCE

awh no really :( ugh ... and could they say they lost there bands ?? wud dat work ? anythin at all at all?

No chance to be honest. Big difference between 1 day and 4 day.

awh no really :( ugh ... and could they say they lost there bands ?? wud dat work ? anythin at all at all?

If they want to get in to see the bands they could pay like the rest of us. I know, shocker :eek:

If you just want your friends to come down, go into the stages for the one day and spend the rest of the weekend in the campsite then I don't know. Pretty sure you've got to have a wristband for camping too.

• Advertisement

Here's a question for anyone who has gone green before, were you able to convince them to let Red/Blue camper "guests" in with you to green?

Nope people in the Green Site have a special wristband

Advertisement