Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Oxegen Facebook says not much rain expected for the weekend . Hope thats true .

Rain was a buzzkill last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

df1985 wrote: »
    Anyone slept in their car at oxegen, im planning on day tripping friday and sunday. wont be able to drive if im ****ed so was planning in sleeping it off in the car. Is it safe etc? any tips?

Sleep in the back, never get in the driver seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Sleep in the back, never get in the driver seat.
    Why so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NShadows

Cause if you're drunk and the law see you getting into the driver's seat they'll do you for intention to drive drive as soon as you get in there, or if they see you sitting in there. It's happened to friends of mine, even if you only planned to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Why so?

Because you can be nailed for sitting in the driver seat while intoxicated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

lads got a rather complicated tent is it true there's a service down there that will set up your tent for you for a few quid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

What time's curfew? The headliners are much later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Tenks wrote: »
    What time's curfew? The headliners are much later this year.

Well I don't know about 2010 but Blur were on that late on the Friday in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Well I don't know about 2010 but Blur were on that late on the Friday in 2009.

Last year the headliners were all on at about 10-10:30! :O

EDIT - Actually, only Eminem and Muse had early times. My bad. :$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So I should probably be emailing Ticketmaster about sending me my ticket...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

So.......many.......collisions :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

How long will the Strokes be playing for? Would like to catch a bit of Noah and the Whale... feasible?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Strokes will be on at 9:30, play for around 60 mins. Noah and the Whale start at 10.25... definitely doable

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

maximoose wrote: »
    Strokes will be on at 9:30, play for around 60 mins. Noah and the Whale start at 10.25... definitely doable

YES! If they play anything similar to their Glasto setlist, most of the songs I like will be played towards the end anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

maximoose wrote: »

where did you get thes times??

never mind got them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

Hey was just wondering how much space there would be to set up a tent if i arrived friday afternoon/early evening? The person who im headin down with has to work the friday morning so gotta wait for them

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Does anyone know if the shuttle bus from Naas to the campsite runs on the Thursday and if so what time does it start at??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Hey was just wondering how much space there would be to set up a tent if i arrived friday afternoon/early evening? The person who im headin down with has to work the friday morning so gotta wait for them

You'll find somewhere, but it'll likely be a bit ****ty. The blue campsite seems to fill up a lot faster so you'll probably be in the red one. And near the toilets. You might get lucky though!

And to whoever it was, chances are your friends won't get back in. I know lots of people who've tried and it didn't work.

Anyone any idea how long deadmau5' set will be? He's starting earlier than all the other headliners.

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    You'll find somewhere, but it'll likely be a bit ****ty. The blue campsite seems to fill up a lot faster so you'll probably be in the red one. And near the toilets. You might get lucky though!

alright sound, yeah figured the red would be better, dya think the spot nearer the red car park or futher down near the centra would be more free?

Also dya reckon itl be grand to drive down on a learners permit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

awh no really :( ugh ... and could they say they lost there bands ?? wud dat work ? anythin at all at all?
    My friends and I had a great scam going last year to get the security to let us in.
    You see what we did was went to ticketmaster and bought tickets for however many days we wanted to stay in ;)
    The fools even gave us spanking new wristbands aswel so we didn't have to come up with elaborate lies about how they were lost/stolen:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Don't know how much the wheelbarrows were but there was a group of lads renting these out

01203a.jpg

50 quid deposit and 20 quid for an hour. easily takes 2 peoples stuff so a tenner each.

15 euro for handtruck and 10 for wheelbarrow this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Jessie J cancelled..

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

whats the story with the oxegen website?

Just shows the weekend schedule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Jessie J cancelled..
    To be fair, if she thought the drunkeness at the trinity ball was bad, she'd have had a nervous breakdown at oxegen...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Did she act cancel? Where'd you find that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Did she act cancel? Where'd you find that?

Her Twitter. She broke her foot. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Oh well that sucks!! :( Now I have another hour of floating around to fill :L

She was wearing a cast on stage at Glasto, doesnt bother me though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The Vaccines should be put on before Beady Eye now, fill that extra hour :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Delighted she pulled out, really didn't wanna sit through her while waiting on the Foos (yeah I plan on being at the main all day Sat). Feeder should replace her!!

Advertisement