Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dandruff_ie

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    You'll find somewhere, but it'll likely be a bit ****ty. The blue campsite seems to fill up a lot faster so you'll probably be in the red one. And near the toilets. You might get lucky though!

And to whoever it was, chances are your friends won't get back in. I know lots of people who've tried and it didn't work.

Anyone any idea how long deadmau5' set will be? He's starting earlier than all the other headliners.

my daughter and her b/friend first time to set up camp can you tell me when would they be best going down ? early Friday ? or can they even go on Thurs ? does it cost more for Thurs ?

what would you recommend ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Delighted she pulled out, really didn't wanna sit through her while waiting on the Foos (yeah I plan on being at the main all day Sat). Feeder should replace her!!

Feeder would be an unreal replacement!! Any chance they would actually play though??

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Indie.

Kettle316 wrote: »
    Feeder would be an unreal replacement!! Any chance they would actually play though??

They have no gig for 3 weeks after Sunday so could be possibe

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

my daughter and her b/friend first time to set up camp can you tell me when would they be best going down ? early Friday ? or can they even go on Thurs ? does it cost more for Thurs ?

what would you recommend ?

Thanks

Thursday is free, but you'll eat and drink more, and need another set of clothes.

Mid afternoon friday was plenty of time last year, I highly recommend going to the back part of Red campsite. We were there and there was no trouble, very quiet after 0130. Dont camp at the front of red as its a total knackfest and IMO would spoil the weekend, its worth walking that bit further every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

My friends and I had a great scam going last year to get the security to let us in.
    You see what we did was went to ticketmaster and bought tickets for however many days we wanted to stay in ;)
    The fools even gave us spanking new wristbands aswel so we didn't have to come up with elaborate lies about how they were lost/stolen:)

I was a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how this works....

Then it dawned on me :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how this works....

Then it dawned on me :o
    I still don't get it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Namlub wrote: »
    I still don't get it :o

It means pay for the ticket
    <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Oh I seeeeee...
    >_>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say someone from the Vodafone stage might be moved to the Main (eg 2 door cinema club after john mayer pulled out)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Jessie J has pulled out I think.

EDIT: Good 15 posts late with this one I see, poor form Pierce91, poor form

Really annoyed that Brandon and the Arctic Monkeys are clashing. Saw Monkeys in May but saw the Killers last Friday, tough old choice, damn you MCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

15 euro for handtruck and 10 for wheelbarrow this year

10 for how long with the wheelbarrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

What's changeover time between bands like?
    Only going for My Chemical Romance.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Kettle316 wrote: »
    I would hope so. They are playing small UK festivals over the next 2 months though, and Reading in August

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

What's changeover time between bands like?
    Only going for My Chemical Romance.:P
    About half an hour to 40 minutes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

baz2009 wrote: »
    10 for how long with the wheelbarrow?

2hours - 2 and a half. they are not too strict as long as you dont take the mickey

Do you rent them at the carpark when you go in and then bring them back out to the carpark when finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I've got a stuipd question, hving never been to a festival before:o. I'm going down for Sunday only. If the weather stays dry and I likely to need a pair of wellies or will normal shoes be fine:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

mel.b wrote: »
    I've got a stuipd question, hving never been to a festival before:o. I'm going down for Sunday only. If the weather stays dry and I likely to need a pair of wellies or will normal shoes be fine:confused:
    Id bring wellies anyway, as thousands of people walking around for the past 3 days will make the ground fairly mucky regardless of the weather. And unfortunately it will more than likely rain at some point over the weekend, and hey presto, the whole festival turns mucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oxegen2011

no tix sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭briancarr82

what the heck is going on with www.oxegen.ie

only showing stage breakdown can't get into it at all....... :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

what the heck is going on with www.oxegen.ie

only showing stage breakdown can't get into it at all....... :-(

Worst. Website. Ever.

I really don't know how they allow the site to be so crappy year on year.

Id bring wellies anyway, as thousands of people walking around for the past 3 days will make the ground fairly mucky regardless of the weather. And unfortunately it will more than likely rain at some point over the weekend, and hey presto, the whole festival turns mucky.

Wellies all the way !!! Even the cheap €15 pair in Dunnes I wore in 2009 were surprisingly comfortable. You'll look ridiculous in normal shoes/runners if it rains, and even if it stays fine, the sheer volumes of crowds plodding through the grass is bound to muck it up to some extent, so be safe - wear wellies !!! :)

Just saw you're going down for one day - Sunday the final day - so the ground will be in worse condidtion regardless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

anyone know what the story with gettin smokes at it are.are they the same price and also what brands can you get.also how much drink are people thinking.

also how much drink are people thinking.

I'm bringing 1 slab(24 cans) and a shoulder of Captain Morgan or Southern Comfort with me. Will b
    probably get another few cans in Naas on the Friday or Saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 noddyForGold

Any1 know some good alchol offers for the festival som1 must be offering a good deal on captain morgan??

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

i know that no outside alcohol is allowed into the stages but are we allowed to smoke once we're in there?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Oxegen fans rejoice, this year’s festival sees the introduction of campsite bars. Buy your pre-chilled and competitively priced beverages onsite! The bars are situated close to the main entrance of both the Blue and Red campsites.

The bars have been introduced as a direct result of feedback from fans.

Just like all the bars in the main arena at Oxegen, the new campsite bars will open their doors for business at 12 noon each day and cease trading at 10pm each night.

You can purchase six packs or trays of Heineken, Coors, Fosters and Stonehouse Cider. All products will be pre-chilled.

And, if you purchase Heineken, you can store your beer in the Heineken Campsite Cold Rooms. You can drop your crate into a Cold Room at any time throughout the festival until 2AM, completely free of charge.

The prices are in line with high street off licence prices. Check out the product list and prices for the campsite bars below.
    Product (500ml cans) 6 Pack Case of 24
    Heineken €12 €45
    Coors €12 €45
    Fosters €10 €40
    Stonehouse Cider €10 €40

Please note, you must be over 18 to purchase alcohol and ID will be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Niallwithaz

Thursday is free, but you'll eat and drink more, and need another set of clothes.

Mid afternoon friday was plenty of time last year, I highly recommend going to the back part of Red campsite. We were there and there was no trouble, very quiet after 0130. Dont camp at the front of red as its a total knackfest and IMO would spoil the weekend, its worth walking that bit further every time.

I'm just looking at the site map. Could you tell me where abouts the back part of red is? I know it's a silly question I was just wondering cause I dont want to stay in the area that's a total "knackfest" by mistake. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Oxegen fans rejoice, this year’s festival sees the introduction of campsite bars. Buy your pre-chilled and competitively priced beverages onsite! The bars are situated close to the main entrance of both the Blue and Red campsites.

The bars have been introduced as a direct result of feedback from fans.

Just like all the bars in the main arena at Oxegen, the new campsite bars will open their doors for business at 12 noon each day and cease trading at 10pm each night.

You can purchase six packs or trays of Heineken, Coors, Fosters and Stonehouse Cider. All products will be pre-chilled.

And, if you purchase Heineken, you can store your beer in the Heineken Campsite Cold Rooms. You can drop your crate into a Cold Room at any time throughout the festival until 2AM, completely free of charge.

The prices are in line with high street off licence prices. Check out the product list and prices for the campsite bars below.
    Product (500ml cans) 6 Pack Case of 24
    Heineken €12 €45
    Coors €12 €45
    Fosters €10 €40
    Stonehouse Cider €10 €40

Please note, you must be over 18 to purchase alcohol and ID will be required.

lovely jubely

cocktails_del_boy_promo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

lads where would be the best place to camp in the blue ? im heading down at 6am on the friday morning would i get a good spot ?

much appreciated if you could help us out

ricero

Advertisement