Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

45 quid for a slab of Heineken?! Competitive my hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

baz2009 wrote: »
    45 quid for a slab of Heineken?! Competitive my hole.

Less than 2 euro a can and you don't have to treck to Naas. I'm sure Spar/Centra in Naas is not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

CAN I SMOKE AT THE STAGES OR NOT?!! aaaaagggh

Yes, because Internet shouting will get your question answered quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

you can smoke at the out door stages, but your not allowed to smoke in the tents, but they may only stop you when its quiet and they can actually get to you, if you sit around at the back of them you will deffo be asked to put it out or leave,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Can get 24 cans of heino for 30 in aldi or lidl . They come in packs of 8 too handy enough could bring a pack a day with you back to your tent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm just looking at the site map. Could you tell me where abouts the back part of red is? I know it's a silly question I was just wondering cause I dont want to stay in the area that's a total "knackfest" by mistake. :pac:
    The part that doesn't have people walking around with their pants tucked into their socks? :pac:

24 cans of Tuborg for 20 euro in Lidl as well, I'm not bringing half as many cans as some people seem to be tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Is the Naas shuttle bus 24 hours? Or does it just run say 2 hours after the last act? Basically what i'm saying is am i guaranteed to get a shuttle bus?
    Will it be dodgy waiting around in Naas for long?

(heading up to see the Foo's on saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

anyone know what the story with gettin smokes at it are.
    Last year John Player had the gig so thats the only brand you could get, not sure about this year. However some of the security there do also sell some on the side, I was offered B&H or Marlboro for €10 a box, they were cleaning up.
    are they the same price
    The JP were, the security cigs more expensive
    and also what brands can you get.
    also how much drink are people thinking.
    40 cans and a shoulder of capt. morgans

Answers in bold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

wish i was going :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Wonder who shall replace Jessie J. I'd assume it's gonna be someone who TitP has over us.

Personally I'm hoping for YM@6 or Twin Atlantic. It pissed me off that Oxegen didn't book them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ForeverAlone

Tenks wrote: »
    Wonder who shall replace Jessie J. I'd assume it's gonna be someone who TitP has over us.

Personally I'm hoping for YM@6 or Twin Atlantic. It pissed me off that Oxegen didn't book them...

I'm thinkin' maybe Pete Doherty could refill that spot?

Could be a long shot though, bearing in mind he is just out of jail.

I had presumed that one of the Heineken or Vodafone acts would be bumped to the Main Stage, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ForeverAlone

baz2009 wrote: »
    I had presumed that one of the Heineken or Vodafone acts would be bumped to the Main Stage, no?

Could be the case, but I hope not.

Would prefer the organizers actually put the effort in and got another act, there is nearly a full week left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Tenks wrote: »

YM@6 can't do it. Sonisphere Saturday, t in the park sunday. Guess the original plan was for them and blink to be on the friday.
    optimus alive in portugal announced yma6 for the friday like a week ago :/ stupid mcd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭bren2001

I doubt they will replace her at all. At this late stage they are not going to shift any more tickets if they announce someone new on the budget they would of had Jessie J.

Granted if they do I wouldnt mind one of the following three; the Wombats, the View or Big Talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I'm in the middle of building a little makeshift barrow/ handcart for my beer, luggage and stuff. I was wondering will I be left in with it? Maybe if anyone has any experience of doing this is there any hassle putting it in the luggage hold of buses.I'm aware it'll probably be stolen but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Also is it through ya can't smoke on the campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

What'd be the quickest way from dublin airport to naas/oxegen? Think someone mentioned a company that does coaches which would hit up both places...

Also what's the deal with the pit system? Gotta queue then it's one in, one out type system? hmm...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Right...I've got a day ticket, for Saturday. Were is Goffs? I'm coming from the North. Are there Portaloos in Goffs? Can I buy a campervan ticket if I'm only down for one night (Saturday)? How much is it? Is it worth it? Help please :):confused:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Shando316

I made a PDF timetable for anyone who's interested!

http://www.mediafire.com/?4u0b44nhrud9ur9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

Weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

DirtyLeeds wrote: »
    Weather?

Check next thursday, tis too early to predict now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Does anyone know what buses go from either town, Celbridge or Leixlip to Naas?

Also would 2pm be a good time to arrive in Naas to catch the shuttle bus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

Driving down on a learners permit? Chances of gettin done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Driving down on a learners permit? Chances of gettin done?

50/50

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

Penfailed wrote: »
    50/50

Worth the risk? As im going down on my own, my friend will be joining on friday evening

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

DirtyLeeds wrote: »
    Weather?

There will be weather down there.
    Worth the risk? As im going down on my own, my friend will be joining on friday evening

Stop asking for people to validate your decision to drive or not drive. It's got nothing to do with oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I would like the Kaiser Chiefs to replace Jessie J or maybe Fleet Foxes. The Saturday night mainstage is gonna be unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I think they should move Paolo Nutini onto the main stage before 2 Two Door. His performance at Glasto was amazing!

Advertisement