Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Do you think it would be possible to get from Jimmy eat world to Coldplay with a decent position on the Sunday night? In too minds about seeing Beyonce but want good a view for Coldplay so might have to sit through it!

Sorry another question!!

Whats about the craic about bringing flags into the main arena? Like Glasto style flags on massive long poles. Got a tri-colour and might get a massive Ulster flag. Where can I buy the massive poles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Sorry another question!!

Whats about the craic about bringing flags into the main arena! Like glasto style flags. Got a tri-colour and might get a massive ulster flag.
    Why would anyone bring flags like that ? They would wreck my head , looked stupid at glasto imo .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

Sorry another question!!

Whats about the craic about bringing flags into the main arena? Like Glasto style flags on massive long poles. Got a tri-colour and might get a massive Ulster flag. Where can I buy the massive poles?

Dont think your allowed to bring in those massive poles/flags like at Glasto

So these aren't allowed...? Lame!
    glastonbury-festival-crowd.jpg

Are flares allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 StevieTheAssin

So these aren't allowed...? Lame!
    glastonbury-festival-crowd.jpg

Are flares allowed?

I doubt it, ive heard before they arent but youd wanna double check. Flares i dunno, also doubt it but youd sneak one in easier than a huge pole and it would burn out quicker as opposed to your flag bein there the whole time

Cool thanks for that. I'll email them and ask if flags are allowed into the arenas.

Tbh I wouldn't risk the flares, you'd be ****ed if you dropped it ontop of someone head but they look deadly at night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 padz24

you can sneak dem "sky-lanterns" in,,l@@k class and stay up der for ages!!!

Where can you get them (cheaply) in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 padz24

yeah u can get dem sky-lanterans everywere,,dunnes & wonerland do dem only a few yoyos,,we had one @ slane cud be seen for miles around & lasts hours,n really easy 2 sneak in,;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Someone should get flares, looked unreal at Glastonbury when coldplay were on.
    They won't kick you out, its only for a minute. Plus there's so many people.
    You should get them mate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

...think i'll concentrate on the acts rather than flares/flags....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TOPDAWG2.0

Just a quick question about the pits folks. Do they fill em up to wedged capacity or leave some room to maneouver in em towards the back railings?? Just wondering cos i'd love to see the Foo's up close but my girlfriend has a bit of back problem when standing at gigs, so looking for a happy middle ground here, if things get too hectic she has some bit of room to stretch, ya know?
    Cheers folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Not a hope of getting away with a flare.Glastonbury its so huge it would take ages for stewards to get to ya.Main stage oxegen pit for example they would be on ya in a second

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Just a quick question about the pits folks. Do they fill em up to wedged capacity or leave some room to maneouver in em towards the back railings?? Just wondering cos i'd love to see the Foo's up close but my girlfriend has a bit of back problem when standing at gigs, so looking for a happy middle ground here, if things get too hectic she has some bit of room to stretch, ya know?
    Cheers folks.

All of the pits that I was at last year and the year before appeared to have some space towards the back.
    Defo enough room to strech in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Ye if you get at the back of the pit early on ya can just stand up leaning against the railing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

Really can't wait now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭DirtyLeeds

Really can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm just looking at the site map. Could you tell me where abouts the back part of red is? I know it's a silly question I was just wondering cause I dont want to stay in the area that's a total "knackfest" by mistake. :pac:

Here:
    map_camping.png

Never thought about those lanterns, brother had some before that we used in the back garden, gonna pick some up in town during the week if I can, would be good old craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

TOPDAWG2.0 wrote: »
    Cheers folks.

If you wanna get in the pit for any big acts, get in at least two gigs before. They dont ever fill it so standing at the back would be grand. You'll still get covered in drink and water though from the main crowd behind you FYI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭bren2001

If you wanna get in the pit for any big acts, get in at least two gigs before. They dont ever fill it so standing at the back would be grand. You'll still get covered in drink and water though from the main crowd behind you FYI.

I always get there ten minutes before the act is due on and get in no problem. I mooch my way up a bit and I am happy. I wouldnt waste my day on acts I dont want to see, I'd prefer to go off and get a bit more drink or sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

bren2001 wrote: »
    I always get there ten minutes before the act is due on and get in no problem. I mooch my way up a bit and I am happy. I wouldnt waste my day on acts I dont want to see, I'd prefer to go off and get a bit more drink or sleep.

I get to oxegen about two hours before the act i wanna see...think this is possibly enough to get into the pit comfortably and up the frontish? Any tips? (never been to oxegen so don't know exactly how the pit works or the best way to take advantage :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

bren2001 wrote: »

Yeah, if there's an open pit like there was last year, then it's possible to just walk in a while before the main act.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

Anyone have any idea of the entertainment provided on the Thursday . I know last year there was a stage with a few djs in the blue campsite will this be happenning again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone have any idea of the entertainment provided on the Thursday . I know last year there was a stage with a few djs in the blue campsite will this be happenning again

Ya, there will be DJ's at the Nokia Stage that you are on about. Probably Propaganda DJs (also Headlining Heineken Stage) but also there will be a Tribute Act on the Tribute Stage (half way between both camps) on the Thursday night around 11pm.

Last year was a Michael Jackson tribute iirc. Not very good. DJs at the Nokia Stage are brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ya, there will be DJ's at the Nokia Stage that you are on about. Probably Propaganda DJs (also Headlining Heineken Stage) but also there will be a Tribute Act on the Tribute Stage (half way between both camps) on the Thursday night around 11pm.

Last year was a Michael Jackson tribute iirc. Not very good. DJs at the Nokia Stage are brilliant.
    Tribute act this year is an Arctic Monkeys tribute act I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Tribute stage is on for the four nights this year.......Link

Hope The Stone Roses Experience are on the friday night it would give me something to see after The Strokes!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

Any word on the nokia stage?? Its not on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 AlanC275

callaway92 wrote: »

The nokia stage aint on the site :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

lads i heard the blue camp fills up fast. im heading down at 6am friday morning would you say id have a good chance of being able to camp in the blue ? and where would be the best place ?

Advertisement