Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Definitively be plenty of room at that time.Anywhere off the main path and away from toilets and your good

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Silly question maybe, but do you have to pay in to the silent disco? Funfair rides etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

oddo wrote: »
    Silly question maybe, but do you have to pay in to the silent disco? Funfair rides etc??

Funfair yes, dunno bout the silent disco.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tzer

yes funfair rides are about €5 each, for the silent disco you have to pay a deposit of about €20 on the headphones but I think you get that all back when you give them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Sound lads, btw is there any freebies at Oxegen?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Does anybody know what the story is with tickets being posted out? I just paid the final installment on Thurs for a four day camping ticket and I'm wondering if it'll get here in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Does anybody know if they take drink off you going in if you're 17? There are about 10 of us going but there's only one 18 year old with us!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nowayout1

hey i'm just wondering, can you bring a plastic mallet into the campsites to help put in tent pegs etc?

last year you were able to bring in aerosols into the campsites too but this year they say its not allowed, so can you bring them in if its in the bottom of your bag wrapped up in a towel? or will security be strict when the campsites open first thing thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Does anyone know, are there Portaloos at Goffs Park and Ride?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

How do the lockers work?

EDIT: Also, where do you change a 3-day ticket on the Thursday morning to a 4-day one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

The only freebies i've evr seen at Oxegen were free condoms at the been given at the entrances of the campsites and radio stations giving out t-shirts and crap like that

nowayout1 wrote: »
    hey i'm just wondering, can you bring a plastic mallet into the campsites to help put in tent pegs etc?

last year you were able to bring in aerosols into the campsites too but this year they say its not allowed, so can you bring them in if its in the bottom of your bag wrapped up in a towel? or will security be strict when the campsites open first thing thursday?

The security are never as strict as MCD claim they will be as regards to aerosols and that going into the campsite but obviously they are more strict before you get into the stage area itself.I'd say you should bring whatever aerosols/plastic mallets you want but expect to get them taken off ya especially the mallet!

Penfailed wrote: »

I assume there would be some but not many.I don't think Goffs would appreciate people pissing and shítting where they like

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does anybody know if they take drink off you going in if you're 17? There are about 10 of us going but there's only one 18 year old with us!
    They have employed students to check for minors(mates are doing it) and if they point you out of the crowd, any drink will be taken. Would be hard to carry enough for 10.
    nowayout1 wrote: »

Last year I had bottles of vodka with me, got in no problem, but I expect we got off easy as it was just mean and a girl, not a crowd of lads.
    Penfailed wrote: »

I heard stories of a woman letting people piss in her garden for a fiver....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

They have employed students to check for minors(mates are doing it) and if they point you out of the crowd, any drink will be taken. Would be hard to carry enough for 10.
    So basically don't walk around holding a slab of cans or whatever if you look obviously underage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

baz2009 wrote: »
    How do the lockers work?

EDIT: Also, where do you change a 3-day ticket on the Thursday morning to a 4-day one?

Not sure about the lockers.. check out the Oxegen site - think that there's a link there to the locker suppliers

Last year the upgrade ticket to 4 Day camping was €20 at the Ticketmaster hut at the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

What's the best way to get cider without buying it at the campsite bar? Anyone know of any offers in the Supervalu or Tesco in Naas? Supervalu are selling 6 cans for 11 euro, not bad but I'd prefer to buy in bulk -- how much are the slabs in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Not exactly a freebie but two years ago I got a 3 month hot press subscription and a goodie bag with a load of stuff in it for €5! Check out the hot press tent for that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

When did Chase and Status become such a popular act with non-DnB fans? I remember seeing them last year with about 200- 300 other people in the Dance Arena, now every second person I speak to is going to them :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What's the story with tickets being posted out ?? I paid the three part installment, really starting to freak out about it !

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

What's the story with tickets being posted out ?? I paid the three part installment, really starting to freak out about it !
    I'm in the same boat myself. My friend rang ticketmaster this morning, they told her that if the ticket hasn't arrived by Wednesday, give them a ring and they'll arrange for you to pick it up at the venue box office.

It's an absolute joke, If they were to get the tickets out even a month earlier it would get rid of all this mass panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Waiting for mine too. I'd say they are being sent out today at some point, should have them Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Waiting for mine too. I'd say they are being sent out today at some point, should have them Wednesday

Its just not acceptable like. The day before the festival is just far too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Digitalism wrote: »
    When did Chase and Status become such a popular act with non-DnB fans? I remember seeing them last year with about 200- 300 other people in the Dance Arena, now every second person I speak to is going to them :confused:

I'd guess Blind Faith is the main reason, it was being played everywhere when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Guys, relax about the tickets.

It says on the website that the tickets will be sent out when you pay your last installment. It also says contact them if you have not recieved your tickets within 24 hours of the event, you still have 2 days!

Log onto your Ticketmaster and it says the status of your tickets, if they're processing, you'll get them soon.

My last installement was paid for last Thursday and I recieved them on Friday. Just relaxx, you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Fields should be empty enough, only 25k tickets sold so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

RasTa wrote: »
    Fields should be empty enough, only 25k tickets sold so far.

How do you know? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    How do you know? :confused:

I've a mate who was supposed to be getting 3 weeks full time work setting up the stages and ramps to stages etc etc but he hasn't started and will be lucky to get 3 days. Loads of vendors are pulling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

A friend works in a ticketmaster outlet and says its the lowest sales of Oxegen tickets he has seen and that they really need to shift 1000's to break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Tickets just arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

raven136 wrote: »
    A friend works in a ticketmaster outlet and says its the lowest sales of Oxegen tickets he has seen and that they really need to shift 1000's to break even.

more the reason to reduce the prices so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Did anyone else just print their tickets off?

Advertisement