Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Do security go through your bags on entrance to the campsites or is it just random searches?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

random, but quite regular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

aflib wrote: »
    more the reason to reduce the prices so

Reduced prices and reduced quality of lineup too though. I'm surprised they haven't sold more with that lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Apologies if this has been asked but I have not been able to find it going back through the posts. Is there a schedule for the Tribute Acts' Stage yet? I can find info about it on the Oxegen website but no actual times. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

RasTa wrote: »
    Fields should be empty enough, only 25k tickets sold so far.

Not a hope in hell is this accurate. 2005,2006,2007 and 2008 ALL sold out. (See wikipedia for confirmation). 2009 had an official attendance of 78,500 while 2010 had an attendance of 76,250... You are saying there has been almost a 70% reduction in ticket sales in a 12 month period dispite a great line-up and ticket prices remaining frozen?????

If 25k tickets had been sold, Oxegen would simply not take place as MCD would not take such a huge financial hit.

Judging from the volume of buses leaving from my area of the country, I would say it's in line with previous years, if not, slightly up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Mm the whole 25k tickets is bullshít because someone working in a Ticketmaster unit isn't able to say how many tickets have been sold..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fields should be empty enough, only 25k tickets sold so far.

Where exactly are you getting this figure from?
    ot a hope in hell is this accurate. 2005,2006,2007 and 2008 ALL sold out. (See wikipedia for confirmation). 2009 had an official attendance of 78,500 while 2010 had an attendance of 76,250... You are saying there has been almost a 70% reduction in ticket sales in a 12 month period dispite a great line-up and ticket prices remaining frozen?????

Thats overall attendance, not camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I've a mate who was supposed to be getting 3 weeks full time work setting up the stages and ramps to stages etc etc but he hasn't started and will be lucky to get 3 days. Loads of vendors are pulling out.

that doesn't really have anything to do with ticket sales.

and i can guarantee few, if any vendors are pulling out, as oxegen weekend is a massive money-making exercise for them.

even if you did have an actual source in ticketmaster, there's no way there's only 25k sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Namlub wrote: »
    So basically don't walk around holding a slab of cans or whatever if you look obviously underage?

Split up the youngins. Dont have a load of 17yo's in a group and you might get away with it.
    They have 6 Heino for €12 in the camps, not cheap but less hassle and cheaper than having a whole slab taken.
    What's the story with tickets being posted out ?? I paid the three part installment, really starting to freak out about it !

Call them, collect at the box office.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Mm the whole 25k tickets is bullshít because someone working in a Ticketmaster unit isn't able to say how many tickets have been sold..

Agreed, they wont have figures, but you'd still have an idea if there are half the sales that you have to process.

IMO, the lineup is better this year than last year, which really shows naivety of or gamble that MCD took. People are cash strapped, but in the same sense that might mean people would skip going away for a weekend at oxegen. In any case I think they'd have been better scaling it back for this year.

That all said, MCD don't do it on a whim, they know what they're at, I'd expect they'll at least break even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Totally agree....also if ticket sale were that bad they would have wall to wall advertising (currently its the same level as always) and loads of ticket giveaways (haven't seen may of these at all).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

emc2 wrote: »
    Totally agree....also if ticket sale were that bad they would have wall to wall advertising (currently its the same level as always) and loads of ticket giveaways (haven't seen may of these at all).

Last night watching tv there were 2 adversts for oxegen in the same break.im not sure if this is in line with previous years but imo the advertising has been heavier.

The same guy told me that there is only 9,000 tickets sold for Prince so he seems to know his stuff.

He is adamant that they have 1000's to sell this week to break even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My souce is nothing to do with ticketmaster, it's via the company who puts the stages together. MCD will take the loss to save face me thinks. 25k is what I was told, could be true imo as I can see more people just going for a day instead of a weekend.

I presume anyone working in ticketmaster can see how many tickets they have left for said event.

In relation to the vendors it's not cheap to sell burgers inside Oxegen and if the crowds are that small then it would be hardly worth their time. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It takes place at the Punchestown Racecourse in County Kildare, Ireland and has an average attendance of around 90,000 a day, with around 80,000 of these camping on site for the duration, and the rest travelling to the site each day...

Information from updated wikipedia page.

Don't believe Wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

They will sell tickets this weekend. People will buy tickets down there for the day. I, for one, have not bought my ticket yet.

My souce is nothing to do with ticketmaster, it's via the company who puts the stages together. MCD will take the loss to save face me thinks. 25k is what I was told, could be true imo as I can see more people just going for a day instead of a weekend.

I presume anyone working in ticketmaster can see how many tickets they have left for said event.

In relation to the vendors it's not cheap to sell burgers inside Oxegen and if the crowds are that small then it would be hardly worth their time. .

If 25k tickets have been sold, that represents a 70% drop in sales on 2010. Do you think this HUGE drop seems realistic???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

The company who put the stages together won't have a clue of how many tickets have been sold as it's absolutely nothing to do with their job.

God I hate this whole Irish attitude of "My friend's mother's dog's cousin's uncle works for MCD's cleaner's brother so I was told how many tickets have been sold.."

If 25k tickets have been sold, that represents a 70% drop in sales on 2010. Do you think this HUGE drop seems realistic???????????

Yup...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Will an out of date passport suffice as ID? It's either that or my current passport, which I don't want to lose..

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

In other news, the Met Eirinn prediction put up by oxegen is turning out to be a load of codswallop! Weather isnt looking too promising anymore according to the Independant anyway!

The company who put the stages together won't have a clue of how many tickets have been sold as it's absolutely nothing to do with their job.

God I hate this whole Irish attitude of "My friend's mother's dog's cousin's uncle works for MCD's cleaner's brother so I was told how many tickets have been sold.."

Totally agree my friend. Why would the crowd putting the stages up have any idea of ticket sales? It's not like they'll be putting up "smaller" or "less" stages. Typical Irish attitude. All negative. The crowd will be on par with previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

whats the crack with transport from Galway ...are most people driving or getting bus ? badly need a cheap way on thursday

Yup...

Honestly, 70%????? Can you explain such a drop? 10%-20% i can understand but this seems extreme!!!!

Totally agree my friend. Why would the crowd putting the stages up have any idea of ticket sales? It's not like they'll be putting up "smaller" or "less" stages. Typical Irish attitude. All negative. The crowd will be on par with previous years.

How much do you want to bet? I'm willing to get up to €1,000 here, would want someone to escrow the funds though.

You think the people setting up the safety ramps don't know how many people will be attending the event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Im not saying that,im just saying yesterday i was told they are way down on every other year and will need to shift 1000's to break even.

The same who told me has been spot on with every other info from ticketmaster sales.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

SIPS?

i assure you it very much is, its quite cheap given the volume they sell, pitch fees are coming down, and food vendors make stinking cash, unreal amounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

The stages still need to go up ,regardless of how many people are there .

How much do you want to bet? I'm willing to get up to €1,000 here, would want someone to escrow the funds though.

You think the people setting up the safety ramps don't know how many people will be attending the event?

We're talking about stages not safety ramps!!!!!!!

We're talking about stages not safety ramps!!!!!!!

stages are up, have been for a week. site crew do stages, stage crew do pa and lighting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

It's not cheap to sell crap quality burgers at a huge mark-up?

Advertisement