Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    I'd get one if there weren't so many fakes around.

The Oxegen tickets are really hard to fake apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

RasTa wrote: »
    I mean wow in a bad way, those shouldn't be let anywhere near a festival. They make enough as it is.

Quite bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    The Oxegen tickets are really hard to fake apparently!

Didn't know that. I'll have to tell the people I know who's tickets were fake :pac:

I'll be buying one down there on the day. I'll look out for someone selling and have it scanned and stuff before handing over any money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I'd get one if there weren't so many fakes around.

By fakes do you mean e-tickets? id never buy these second hand, peeps printing 100's of em...but the normal tickets are usually ok if you get them before the concert...Risky getting them at the concert as they just scan your ticket but leave it whole, so some people are then selling these outside but once you try to get in,they wont scan through...But actual fakes i havent seen in years, and with the scanning their gona be useless for sure

Didn't know that. I'll have to tell the people I know who's tickets were fake :pac:

I'll be buying one down there on the day. I'll look out for someone selling and have it scanned and stuff before handing over any money.

Were they e tickets or without the stub though? :P It'd be fairly easy to spot a fake without the flash icon thing on it :confused:

• Advertisement

By fakes do you mean e-tickets? id never buy these second hand, peeps printing 100's of em...but the normal tickets are usually ok if you get them before the concert...Risky getting them at the concert as they just scan your ticket but leave it whole, so some people are then selling these outside but once you try to get in,they wont scan through...But actual fakes i havent seen in years, and with the scanning their gona be useless for sure

Nope, actual tickets. I've seen three (compared them with mine to check if they were real before the gig) and have heard of more over the years. No one had any idea until they were scanned and we were told they weren't real. These were all bought well before hand too.

Yeah, if I'm buying off someone, I'll leave the money with someone and go through and have it scanned etc to make sure it's real.

EDIT: Noel, had the little silver thingy on them too! No lie, I wouldn't buy any out of paranoia and checked my friends' with mine. Literally couldn't find a difference apart from the numbers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

dont seem that bus eireann are doing daily services?? and dublin bus ones dont seem to be on sale right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

RasTa wrote: »
    I mean wow in a bad way, those shouldn't be let anywhere near a festival. They make enough as it is.

What?

How do you...wait..

WHAT?!

This is worrying me now :P

I bought mine online but the seller had good feedback/left me good feedback for payment, etc, and it looks 100% really, so hopefully.. gaah

This is worrying me now :P

I bought mine online but the seller had good feedback/left me good feedback for payment, etc, and it looks 100% really, so hopefully.. gaah

Ah, you'll be grand if there's good feedback. I'd buy mine now off someone, only I'm paid on Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

EDIT: Noel, had the little silver thingy on them too! No lie, I wouldn't buy any out of paranoia and checked my friends' with mine. Literally couldn't find a difference apart from the numbers.

If tickets get lost/stolen in the post, you can ring up and they send out different tickets, voiding your old tickets, ie they wont scan through, maybe your friends bought stolen/lost tickets, the hologram is hard to replicate, so most likely it was a real ticket but wouldnt scan through.

Ive often bought tickets online toutless/gumtree etc and never had any problems so woulnt be to worried about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Hey just wondering if i were to buy a ticket now on Ticketmaster could i just collect it in a shop tomorrow as opposed to it being posted ( wouldn't make it in time )

Mm I hope it's not a fake ticket.. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Can you not get a ticket scanned by a ticketmaster outlet to make sure its real?

Tinie wrote: »
    Can you not get a ticket scanned by a ticketmaster outlet to make sure its real?

I'm not sure.. can you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if i were to buy a ticket now on Ticketmaster could i just collect it in a shop tomorrow as opposed to it being posted ( wouldn't make it in time )

You could go into the shop tomorrow and purchase it there? :confused:
    Would be cheaper as well....and no you can't purchase on the ticketmaster site and collect in store. Box office collection should/might be an option though?

I'm not sure.. can you? :confused:
    Surely they can check it in some way to make sure its genuine. Hopefully anyway, paranoia starting to set in now :(

Surely they can check it in some way to make sure its genuine. Hopefully anyway, paranoia starting to set in now :(

Me too, big time. :o I think I might ring Ticketmaster first thing tomorrow morning and try to find out?

Gazz is probably right about the lost/stolen thing. Don't worry about it Noel

Gazz is probably right about the lost/stolen thing. Don't worry about it Noel

I'm gonna call anyway just to make sure :o

• Advertisement

If anyone has any spare time, would you do me and probably Noel a favour, would it be possible for you to take a quick picture of your ticket if you bought one from a ticketmaster shop if possible? Cheers!
    Me too, big time. I think I might ring Ticketmaster first thing tomorrow morning and try to find out?
    Yeah me too. Im just worried about the shock of going up then being rejected and having to go home... it would be mortifying.

If anyone has any spare time, would you do me and probably Noel a favour, would it be possible for you to take a quick picture of your ticket if you bought one from a ticketmaster shop if possible? Cheers!

Yeah me too. Im just worried about the shock of going up then being rejected and having to go home... it would be mortifying.

I checked against my friend's ticket, and mine's identical apart from the numbers!

I asked on Heartbeat City's page and they said to ring Ticketmaster tomorrow and they should check the code for me and let me know.. :) It's impossible to buy Oxegen tickets in Waterford anyway as we have no Ticketmaster, so if TM get snotty at me on the phone, I'll explain to them it's not my fault that they supply no service here.. :P

Yeah, going to do the same myself just be sure.

Surely they can scan it, just like the people at the entrance to oxegen can do too, cant see why they cant scan it like.

Anyway, anyone with a 3 day camping ticket, can you check it against this please; the first scan in the attachments is mine, and the second is one I just saw on ebay. But can someone tell me why they have different writing on the tickets? I know the one I got was paid for by visa card, as I have the receipt here for it also, but the second one was also paid for by Visa going by what it says on the ticket...

Also, why on both of those tickets does the price say "199.50" but when buying a 3 day camping ticket on the website it says 224.50 as the price???

Hmm mine's a bit different to yours:

30j7ekl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't know what to wear if it's raining. Such a dilemma ffs :'(

Hmm mine's a bit different to yours:

30j7ekl.jpg
    Yeah, im wondering why mine is different than yours, there must be a reason for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Could someone tell me how long it would take to get from the main stage to the vodafone stage....want to catch the end of the national so will need to leave beyonce near the end?

Will probably need to get back after to main stage to see Coldplay or to Heineken stage to see Primal Scream

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, im wondering why mine is different than yours, there must be a reason for it...

If either is fake I'd say its yours. AFAIK it shouldnt just be Oxegen on the top line. All the tickets I've seen have the class of ticket there. Also, yours is shifted down a bit which can happen with lazer, but I'd assume TM would have decent printers, mine is bang on in line.
    LowOdour wrote: »
    Could someone tell me how long it would take to get from the main stage to the vodafone stage....want to catch the end of the national so will need to leave beyonce near the end?

Will probably need to get back after to main stage to see Coldplay or to Heineken stage to see Primal Scream

The walk between stages is very short, but you'll be right at the back. They're all set around the same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

depends on where you are in the crowd, usually would take about 5 mins if you are pulled from the front :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭bren2001

If either is fake I'd say its yours. AFAIK it shouldnt just be Oxegen on the top line. All the tickets I've seen have the class of ticket there. Also, yours is shifted down a bit which can happen with lazer, but I'd assume TM would have decent printers, mine is bang on in line.

Im sure neither is fake. Tickets printed from different places are generally different for some reason. I have got tickets to events with friends weeks after they bought theirs and the writing has been different. Im sure both are real.

Advertisement