Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

If either is fake I'd say its yours. AFAIK it shouldnt just be Oxegen on the top line. All the tickets I've seen have the class of ticket there. Also, yours is shifted down a bit which can happen with lazer, but I'd assume TM would have decent printers, mine is bang on in line.
    Yeah thats worrying me about the way it just says oxegen, but ill see if anyone else has it like that. What do you mean its shifted down a bit? Do you mean the white line border around it? As I got an upgrade ticket today from an official ticketmaster outlet and its the same on that one, see the attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

i won 2 weekend tickets on a radio station april. got them in the post in may. got another 2 weekend tickets sent to me last week!!! both were by registered post. should i keep them or be honest and tell the radio station?? :confused:

i won 2 weekend tickets on a radio station april. got them in the post in may. got another 2 weekend tickets sent to me last week!!! both were by registered post. should i keep them or be honest and tell the radio station?? :confused:
    Id tell them as they could end up cancelling both tickets maybe if they see them both were sent out by accident or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭bren2001

Sell the 2 ones you got originally at a cheaper rate but explain to the customer, thats what I would do

Tinie wrote: »
    Id tell them as they could end up cancelling both tickets maybe if they see them both were sent out by accident or something.

or maybe if i go to ticketmaster outlet and ask them to check if they are all valid?? cant they scan them or something?

• Advertisement

or maybe if i go to ticketmaster outlet and ask them to check if they are all valid?? cant they scan them or something?
    Im wondering that too as I want to check to see if my ticket is definitely genuine, they should be able to scan them anyway and see if they come up on the system, I cant see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The first set may have been deacts and they issued you with new ones. If you call ticketmaster and tell them you lost yours they blacklist them and issue new ones, happened with me in the O2 before. The station may have had reason to do this.

Its also a problem as the old tickets look real and are easy to sell. Saw people being told they're tickets were duds and there was nothing they could do before at Muse.
    Yeah thats worrying me about the way it just says oxegen, but ill see if anyone else has it like that. What do you mean its shifted down a bit? Do you mean the white line border around it? As I got an upgrade ticket today from an official ticketmaster outlet and its the same on that one, see the attachment.

I meant that the pricing info(and the rest) is shifted off centre to the bottom of the card, happens all the time with receipts etc but looking at 9 tickets I have to hand(2 for oxegen + others kept from old gigs), all ticketmaster not one is any way off centre.

Not saying they are fake, but I'd deffo check it first thing tomorrow. Save you turning up in naas and being told to f'ck off.

One thing im wondering is, why on both of those tickets that I attached in the post a bit back, does the price (I think thats what it is anyway) say "199.50" on both tickets but when your buying a 3 day camping ticket off the ticket master website it says €224.50 as the price for 3 day camping??? Any ideas? its really bugging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

One thing im wondering is, why on both of those tickets that I attached in the post a bit back, does the price (I think thats what it is anyway) say "199.50" on both tickets but when your buying a 3 day camping ticket off the ticket master website it says €224.50 as the price for 3 day camping??? Any ideas? its really bugging me.

199.50 is non camping...

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

early bird 3 day camping was 199.50 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 tzer

They could be early bird tickets.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2312279_identify-authentic-ticketmaster-tickets-.html

Might help you.

199.50 is non camping...
    Was about to open a paypal case about the ticket and hop in the car and pay a "visit" to the house of the seller...:pac:

Hopefully... they are indeed early bird tickets and not just a mistake by a tout.

Is that maybe why the writing is different on my one, that they could be early bird tickets?

Here is the receipt I got with the ticket anyway: 36015324.jpg

The date on the receipt says: Order date: 24/12/2010

Were early bird tickets out then?

Yeah I was looking at that, they say we can visit a ticketmaster outlet and get it scanned so hopefully they do indeed scan my ticket tomorrow.

Didnt understand this one though:
    Look closely at your ticket. Does the word "Ticketmaster," repeated over and over again, make up the thin, light blue rectangle that outlined the large white rectangle that contains the name of the artist or event in the middle of the ticket? If there is no colored border around the name of the artist or event, or if the border is filled in, the ticket is fake.
    Dont understand what they mean and cant find it on either ticket, and one was bought today from an official ticketmaster outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

I bought my tickets online from Ticketmaster and just printed them off cause it was cheaper. From hearing your boys talk I'm worried I might have issues getting in with them?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

O'Doodle wrote: »
    I bought my tickets online from Ticketmaster and just printed them off cause it was cheaper. From hearing your boys talk I'm worried I might have issues getting in with them?

No you won't, you'll be fine. Decent printer and keep them dry.

ah here, im outta here! there'll be a queue outside a few outlets tomorrow morning checking tickets! the gas thing is i was giving them away for free because i got them for free (karma and all that sh*t). hope all our tickets are the real deal! :)

The date on the receipt says: Order date: 24/12/2010

Were early bird tickets out then?
    yes that's the day i bought my early bird ticket

tzer wrote: »
    yes that's the day i bought my early bird ticket
    Ah right and does your one look like my one here, in terms or writing and layout of the writing?:

22644331.jpg

Also, see where my price is on my ticket, the 199.50 and (inc BKG fee, is yours like that in the way its slightly to the left, but other peoples tickets are more to the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

If I buy a ticket online will it have the sellers credit card info or name or anything on the ticket itself? Does whatever's on the ticket have to match the ID i have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

will there be hot water at the water points was hoping to bring hotcups,noodles and teabags. if there's none at the water points will there be anywhere i can fill my flask? I really don't know if i can survive without my tae.

IIRC shop has hot water.

No mine says oxegen 4day camping rather than just oxegen.
    My one also says line up subject to change rather than giving the campsite opening hours.
    But yes the price and (inc bkg fee) are slightly to the left.
    I got mine in a ticketmaster outlet though so maybe if you got it online that's why its a little different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Can you buy tickets at the entrance on the day of the festival since its not sold out and probably wont sell out? Im dropping up friends that day, and if the weathers good that morning, I might decide to go myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Where's the best place to buy cider in Naas?

Do they sell cigarettes in the arenas?

Will an out-of-date passport suffice as ID?

Does the name printed on a ticket have to match the name on an ID? (I'm buying my ticket of someone else)

Can anyone HELP please????
    Thanks in advance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

All good questions, definitely haven't been answered before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I do find it hilarious that people are posting up pictures of their tickets and blanking out really pointless info yet leaving the only thing that is actually checked untouched.

The only thing checked is the bar code. It will be scanned on the way in. Nothing else will even be looked at.

Good luck to everyone who bought a second hand ticket though. Find out as much info about the seller as possible and do not buy from a tout or pay over the odds for a ticket.

Despite what some people say, oxegen has not sold out for the last 5 years. Any of my friends that go, just buy their ticket on the day, be them camping or day tickets. The only ones they've had problems with are camper van ones.

Don't believe the hype.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

aranciata wrote: »
    Where's the best place to buy cider in Naas?
    Dunno tbh. Dunnes?

Do they sell cigarettes in the arenas?
    Already answered a few pages back. I believe that John Player had a stall last year and the security sometimes sell some on the sides

Will an out-of-date passport suffice as ID?
    I'd get it certified by a garda just in case

Does the name printed on a ticket have to match the name on an ID? (I'm buying my ticket of someone else)
    Not at all

Can anyone HELP please????
    Thanks in advance..

answers in bold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 owenthorp7

I will be blunt when I say that Oxegen will be just be a place for good music and 6th years going to lose there virginity lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 D_R_G_7

Whats the best type of food to take with me to oxegen ?

It'll be my first year and i'm a lil lost.

Advertisement