Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2011 discussion *NO TICKET SALES/REQUESTS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

D_R_G_7 wrote: »
    Whats the best type of food to take with me to oxegen ?

It'll be my first year and i'm a lil lost.

Tinned stuff. Beans, spaghetti hoops, or whatever you like really!

Those little cereal packs are always really nice (the ones with coco pops,frosties,cornflakes and a few others).

You could buy a few rolls in centra the morning you leave and they could last you the whole Friday.

Cheap packs of biscuits.

Just bring anything that won't go off quickly. If you're drinking, you really wont eat as much as you think. I always end up bringing loads and never need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

i have crackers noodles hotcups popcorn and beans hopefully that'll keep me going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Hey, I have three-day-non-camping tickets - does anyone know if you can get into the campsites during the day with those or just the arena? I was looking at the map and some of the food stalls etc. are in the campsites, should we just rule those ones out or will we be allowed in just to get to those stalls?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    i have crackers noodles hotcups popcorn and beans hopefully that'll keep me going

you are not going to end up eating the Noodles, Hotcups, Popcorn or the Beans. Just telling you that now.

You may eat the crackers, but also doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,573 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hey, I have three-day-non-camping tickets - does anyone know if you can get into the campsites during the day with those or just the arena? I was looking at the map and some of the food stalls etc. are in the campsites, should we just rule those ones out or will we be allowed in just to get to those stalls?

you WILL NOT get into the campsites without a wristband unless you are very lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

If you buy your tickets online and are to print them off, can you only print them out once?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭Penfailed

If you don't have a camping ticket, you won't get into the campsite(s).

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

If you buy your tickets online and are to print them off, can you only print them out once?

Of course not, you can print them as many times as you like. Once the barcode is scanned by a reader though, none of the other copies will scan so it's pointless to print out copies unless you want to be extra secure and maybe keep one as a backup in your locker or tent or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

still dunno if am gonna sneak in

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Bought my ticket yesterday, only decided last week that I was going to go
    Can you bring disposable BBQ's by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

partyndbs wrote: »
    still dunno if am gonna sneak in

We don't care. Either talk about the actual gig or you won't be posting in here for a while. If you want to take this up with me. Send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mister Man wrote: »
    Bought my ticket yesterday, only decided last week that I was going to go
    Can you bring disposable BBQ's by any chance?

www.oxegen.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Question - I'm not camping, I've 3-day tickets. Just saw on the website 'heineken cold rooms', is this only for campers? I couldn't see them letting me in with a tray of heineken on a day pass, does anyone know whether it would be possible or not?

Thanks.

funkyflea wrote: »
    Question - I'm not camping, I've 3-day tickets. Just saw on the website 'heineken cold rooms', is this only for campers? I couldn't see them letting me in with a tray of heineken on a day pass, does anyone know whether it would be possible or not?

Thanks.

You cant bring any drink into the "arena", only the campsites, and as day passer you cant get into the campsite, so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Ticketmaster eventually answered the phone after 10 minutes, to tell me they can't check the code.. oh well..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster eventually answered the phone after 10 minutes, to tell me they can't check the code.. oh well..

Yeah i had a feeling they wouldn't do that as isn't it against their t&c's to resell tickets?

Also, for people asking about cigarettes they were only selling jp blue(you wont care when you when you run out of you're own brand) but they come in a metal box which is handy for the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Dominos :D

€7 a slice and €20 for a Pepperoni Passion. :pac:

Didn't think I was going to head to it this year but as it's getting closer I am strongly thinking about it. :( Don't really like the line up though.

Yeah, its a rip, but when you've been living on Special K promo boxes for 3 days its well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

callaway92 wrote: »
    you are not going to end up eating the Noodles, Hotcups, Popcorn or the Beans. Just telling you that now.

You may eat the crackers, but also doubtful.
    may i ask why?

Was it 0030 that all the stages shut down at last time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What happens after the music, are there all night places? Is every stage named after a sponsor as well?

RasTa wrote: »
    What happens after the music, are there all night places? Is every stage named after a sponsor as well?

Yup, they're all sponsored.

After the last acts the arena area is cleared and everyones either back in the campsites or gone home. Some stay up and have a laugh outside their tents but most KO pretty quickly, it takes it out of ya a fair bit.

A post-act jager bomb followed by alot of light sleeping, never been able to get into a deep sleep at a festival, really screws you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭TopOfTheRight

Revised timetable, lazy ass effort at rearranging after Jessie j pulling out

270803_10150305577355260_65633730259_9598895_3143340_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Question - I'm gonna go on the Sunday for the day, best way to reduce the amount of money Ticketmaster makes from us? I know that buying the ticket online is probably the worst option, is buying from a Ticketmaster desk (which is a bit cheaper I know) or buying at the venue itself (can you even do this?)

Not trying to be particularly cheap but hate the thought of Ticketmaster making much money off us! :)

ionapaul wrote: »
    Question - I'm gonna go on the Sunday for the day, best way to reduce the amount of money Ticketmaster makes from us? I know that buying the ticket online is probably the worst option, is buying from a Ticketmaster desk (which is a bit cheaper I know) or buying at the venue itself (can you even do this?)

Not trying to be particularly cheap but hate the thought of Ticketmaster making much money off us! :)

Damn them for supplying tickets worldwide, DAMN THEM TO HELL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I'm heading away on Sunday, which also happens to be the day which I'd have the most interest in going to. I'd have liked to have seen Royseven, Manic Street Preachers, possibly Slash, Chase and Status and Primal Scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Some stay up and have a laugh outside their tents but most KO pretty quickly, it takes it out of ya a fair bit.

I'd have to disagree there.. Cant speak for the Green campsite, i'd imagine its very quiet as thats what it's intended to be... but in my experience it never really gets quiet, and I'm being generous in calling it quiet, in Red/Blue until 6-7am

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree there.. Cant speak for the Green campsite, i'd imagine its very quiet as thats what it's intended to be... but in my experience it never really gets quiet, and I'm being generous in calling it quiet, in Red/Blue until 6-7am

No no no, thats not what I meant. It doesnt ever get quiet for the whole weekend. But when you have a dozen and change cans in ya and have been jumping up and down in the mud for several hours a few knacks making a fool of themselves make no difference to whether you sleep or not.

The point being there's no entertainment at that point so you may as well try and sleep so you enjoy the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think you will have to use a little reverse psychology for guessing the weather for Oxegen, you should pray for heavy wind and rain, then youll get the surprise of your life and get an unbounded heat wave. Kool and the Gang (played Glastonbury 11) should have got the opening slot on the main stage for Sunday so it would have been like Sunday last year when Earth, Wind and Fire opened the proceedings. Alas I cannot afford this this time round will try and save for EP, thinking of Bump in a few weeks though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement