Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Stormy - Sun/Mon (Media hyped storm, never forecast by Met/Boards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

According to RTE Thursdays storm will be stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

On the Isle of Lewis off Scotland, gust of 36 knots recorded. About 10 knots higher than the max gusts for that area suggested by the GFS for this time.

I'd love to there this evening. :D

Gust of 31 knots at Belmullet.

yeah. it would be good fun to be at Erris head this evening.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Windguru has the swell not hitting untill very late during the night. Wind won't bring waves. Tomorrow morning is the time to see. it.

Could coincide with high tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Discodog wrote: »

have a look at the site peasant posted earlier, click on the arrow for Mace Head and Belmullet, then look at what it says for Friday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Discodog wrote: »

Jean said Thursdays storm would be more severe and on the chart for that day had the pressure at 943mb :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Pangea wrote: »
    Theres a full line of crows and ravens around my house on the telecom pole lines

waiting to steal Father Jack's new glasses ?? ;)

Been an absolutely gorgeous crisp sunny calm morning in East Clare - been out for a ride halfway up Maghera and the views were stunning - however now it's started to grey up a little bit, no noticeable wind yet and I think my barometer's broken (more of an heirloom than a functioning article) but no sign of anything major yet.

Will post any updates and pics though - and thanks for the link to the surfcams !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭The Paws

Interesting Discodog and mickger844posts...... see this link for thursday's "second" storm - press play button for looping...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Here is the GFS chart for Friday 10111212_0706.gif

I think we should stay in bed then!!!

• Advertisement

have a look at the site peasant poster earlier, click on the arrow for Mace Head and Belmullet, then look at what it says for Friday
    That looks like it'll be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

high tide and the hight of the winds is around 12aqm here.
    may have to go with the cam for a look

She was just trying to placate all you disappointed Jean lovers with promises of more delights to come - such a tease !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

M4 buoy down to 1000mb. 72 kph gust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

K5 bouy reporting 55kph winds now. Pressure has dropped 20mb in six hours.
    Jean said Thursdays storm would be more severe and on the chart for that day had the pressure at 943mb :eek:

Ye , if I'm correct som1 posted about this either yesterday or Friday and got told they wer wrong,

Nearly certain tough that it won't be 943mb ... That be a record for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    they are waiting for the sunday dinner scraps to be thrown out
    Afraid not my friend.
    Its obvious that they know the storm is coming by the way they where acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Coming along nicely

image.ashx?country=eu&type=last&time=&sat=

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

ha ha i find it strange that some people are giving out about papers and other media hypeing up the weather and then some people go and do the exact same thing postin about thursday storm to be bigger when we all dont have a clue if it will be a hurricane or a breeze.

Does anyone know where to get a really good satellite link for the Northern Atlantic Ocean so we can see what is happening over there before it reaches Ireland??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

This place hasn't been this busy since january!!! I go away for 2 hours and theres 4 new pages on the thread when i come back!

Here is a very plain, dull day, quite cool. Not expecting anything here anyway!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

NickDrake wrote: »
    Windguru has the swell not hitting untill very late during the night. Wind won't bring waves. Tomorrow morning is the time to see. it.
    True. On windguru see friday at 12 in Lahinch. Waves & wind.;)

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Ye , if I'm correct som1 posted about this either yesterday or Friday and got told they wer wrong,

Yeah i was thinking it might be a mistake when i saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

not expecting too much here either, some heavy rain for a time tonight maybe but not a lot else really......is there any chance of the low moving more to the east so the really strong winds out in the atlantic will move in closer to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

very dark.
    breeze slowly picking up.
    just a normal autumn storm or winter storm if you count november as winter

nothing out of the ordinary.

lets see what transpires thurs or fri

temperature here in Cork is about 7c! see the link where you are based. Some where in the central of Ireland is slighly under 5c! Oh brr!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

No update from the K5 buoy since 12. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Nice shot of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Iancar29 wrote: »

943mb would be quite intense but going all the way back to the night of the big wind the pressure of that storm was 917mb :eek:

The Paws wrote: »
    temperature here in Cork is about 7c! see the link where you are based. Some where in the central of Ireland is slighly under 5c! Oh brr!
    also see the wind gust of 57+km/h in Belmullet

• Advertisement

Might be fun if a few of us, in the same area, start posting huge wind speeds to make you inland chaps jealous. I heard rumour of an 80 mph gust - that sort of thing !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement