Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Stormy - Sun/Mon (Media hyped storm, never forecast by Met/Boards)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

swingking wrote: »
    I have to drive from Dublin to Limerick at about 6 in the morning.

Should I be putting this off? Will it still be bad at that time

Thanks
    my oh is to be in limerick in the morning in his lorry... he left at 4pm rather than get stuck in the weather , he has just arrived in parteen from county louth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temperature falling pretty sharply with the arrival of the rain here, down from 7.0C at around 19:00 to 5.9C now. Wind seems to be getting going as well now, gusting to 50km/hr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭tvbrat

Steady rain here in Dublin city centre
    Temp at 6.2 Deg
    Pressure at 994 hPa

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Getting gusty in Rathfarnham now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we have rain and a bit of wind in finglas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

we must be in the slack centre here in carlow cause although its rainin heavy enoungh its not what you would call stormy at all...more like breezy ha ha .......when it clears is there a chance of some intense winds/lightning in the heavy showers that are to follow tonight and in the mornin .....it was a wosre night tuesday than it is tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

K5 buoy, pressure at 960, still dropping but looks like thats about as low as it will go.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/show_plot.php?station=64045&meas=wdpr&uom=M&time_diff=0&time_label=GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

In south kerry 18mm of rain so far today. Wind still calm enough but serious high tide earlier. Gotta drive back to Cork in the morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Everything seems to be moving from NW.. with heaviest over Limerick/Clare going to miss Dublin and instead hit far south east?

Towards Donegal behind current Dublin rain it seems fairly clear on the radar..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

How do I work out when the rain will clear Galway when I have no idea where Galway is as the rain is covering the outline of Ireland on the radar ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Almost 400 online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Winds seem to be tailing off here in Enniskillen as well;

Wind speed 22mph, gust 42mph as opposed to 25mph and gust 45mph an hour ago!

Also looking at the radars, the end of the first band of rain appears to be in sight, off the west coast of Ireland.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Awful night out there, 4.8mm in an hour and a half, Pressure still dropping like a stone 991.4mb.

Live stats on www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Surprised at how bad it's got in Dundalk since it only started 2 hrs ago.
    Estofex has the whole east coast under a level1.
    Some interesting cells flaring up going up the coast of wales and toward isle of man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

386 people on forum. must be a record.

the attached sat image taken at 7.15. Discodog, rain should be clearing west Galway by 9.30-10pm.

if this is the worst of it im badly dissapointed i no the media had hyped it up stupidly but i thought it would give us a little more than this goin by the weather reports..........unless it has some suprises in store durin the night;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Seems to be calming down here already, only started about 2 hours ago. Still raining despite what the radar says but its definitely calmed down

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

El Horsboxo - don't even mention boats - I feel :eek:queasy:eek: already

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

21.6 mm of rain so far here. temp down to 3.6 and its actually sleety rain now. was checkin the car windscreen and definate wintriness in the rain. suspect higher areas will be gettin snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

stopped raining in limerick. I was just walking past Arnotts though and this sudden gust blew up. I could smell stale beer, cheap perfume, and the underwear the woman walking toward me was wearing. I’m getting hardened though. Never make eye contact that’s me. Wait, theres a slight breeze coming up Thomas street and I distinctly felt a drop on my forehead as I crossed lower Catherine street .. and there’s a break in the cloud over the train station .. no wait .. that’s just the lights .. but it has started raining again .. I’ll keep ye posted .. stay warm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

Just raining and windy here in Mallow co.Cork,nothing major,seen it waaaay worse.First time back to this forum since the bad snow in January,hello all!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

@horsoboxo. Get in touch with them fellas :D
    http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?mmsi=250000546&centerx=-9.987217&centery=52.90598&zoom=10&type_color=9#

Am in Waterford btw, it's been 5 degrees for ages (220 masl), very gusty and wet. Barometre reads 991, not sure if it's well calibrated though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Discodog wrote: »
    How do I work out when the rain will clear Galway when I have no idea where Galway is as the rain is covering the outline of Ireland on the radar ?

just put a coat on and bring them for a walk!!!! :D no more excuses!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

21.6 mm of rain so far here. temp down to 3.6 and its actually sleety rain now. was checkin the car windscreen and definate wintriness in the rain. suspect higher areas will be gettin snow now.

Think we had the same here, it was hard to tell if it was sleet or just the rain being blown around by the wind but it definitely looked like a bit of snow mixed in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

John mac wrote: »
    just put a coat on and bring them for a walk!!!! :D no more excuses!!

The NW coast has just appeared on the radar so we will be out soon complete with my little handheld anemometer. I will be walking along a bit of coast so should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

http://www.carlowweather.com/wxgraphs.php

Pressure falling like a stone and winds increasing

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Near Riverstick Co Cork. Two wheelie bins and a garden chair just gone off up the drive for an evening stroll.

I know it sounds pathetic when you compare this to tropical storms in other countries.

Rain driving and persistent. No idea of wind speed but 4x4 rocks when parked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Met Éireann's Aviation chart for 00Z has the triple point off Land's End, with the occlusion running northwards along roughly Wexford-Dundalk-Coleraine (yes I know!!), moving eastwards at 25 kts.

Along the front, moderate, locally heavy rain, with drizzle/fog in coastal regions. Behind the front, occasional moderate rain and soft hail showers.

There is a frontal trough associated with a low pressure centre of 960hPa, located around 58N 16W. Another low centre of 959hPa sits at 60N 12W, roughly 350 miles NNW of Donegal.

i mean how bad could it be when met eirean are givin mist and fof for inland areas tonight:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭thomasj

Waters coming in the door have to get the buckets out :eek:

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056081546

That doesn't look like the right link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement