Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silliest thing you asked Santa for as a kid?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

I always asked for a "television watch" but never got one of course! I would annoy my mother for hours with my whining "but why can't I ask for one?, why wouldn't Santa be able to make one, Santa is magic!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I always asked for a "television watch" but never got one of course! I would annoy my mother for hours with my whining "but why can't I ask for one?, why wouldn't Santa be able to make one, Santa is magic!"

I was always asking for a jet pack every year:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

" Sketch Master"

Asked every year for about 6 years and never got it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

A baby brother or sister and a dog..

Never got either though.. :rolleyes:

Asked for 13 dolls one year..! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

I was a sort of bookish kid and one year I just wanted every one of the Asterix and Obelisk comic books and nothing else. :confused:

My parents kept trying to talk me out of it and I wouldn't relent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

when we were kids our house did not have a chimney so I was always asking santa to bring a chimney and a fireplace so he would know where to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

A walkman - My brother got a transformer one year, I asked for a 'walkman' the next year thinking it was the same a robot transformer, boy was I gutted when I got a cassette player :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

A pony >_> My Mum and Dad always managed to talk me out of it though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭seabre

A Jim'll Fix It Badge and a grey and maroon tracksuit - I really needed help didn't I?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A monkey in a red jumper, so I could train him to attack the carney monkey in a green jumper that bit my finger and made me get a tetanus shot. Mam said my monkey might bite me too.

A friend's little boy asked for a cat outfit with real claws so he could climb the tree like his pet cat.

My brothers used to tell me that santy was going to give me:
    "A doll and a drum, a kick in the bum and a chase around the table" dunno where that comes from, must google.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

A Pony for the back garden

Would have been great out the back garden in the family semi in glasnevin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

Das Kitty wrote: »
    A monkey in a red jumper, so I could train him to attack the carney monkey in a green jumper that bit my finger and made me get a tetanus shot. Mam said my monkey might bite me too.

A friend's little boy asked for a cat outfit with real claws so he could climb the tree like his pet cat.

"A doll and a drum, a kick in the bum and a chase around the table" dunno where that comes from, must google.
    My mother used to say that to me too. Without the chase around the table bit. Another thing she used to say when I asked her where something was is "Nelly's room behind the wallpaper" - goodness knows where that came from either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

seabre wrote: »
    A Jim'll Fix It Badge and a grey and maroon tracksuit - I really needed help didn't I?

I bet you wore them to death though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I asked for a Pokémon once. I think it was Snorlax. :D

Imagine having that as a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

A new storey on the house over the garage so that we could build an indoor swimming pool.
    PMSL over television watch. What a good idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

I asked for a 'Danny's Tranny' one year. For all of you of a certain vintage, this was a radio that made things bigger and smaller out of the Topper comic. My mother kept telling me that santa wouldn't be able to bring me that but, ofcourse, I kept up my firm belief in the great man himself, and as a result, was bitterly disappointed on Christmas morning.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Das Kitty wrote: »

LOl - we had that poem too, but no table was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

A jam pot with holes in the lid . . . to keep worms in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

my sister asked for crutches one year and got them! Hah

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shellib

I was quite a weird kid and one year santa was on the radio, my mum thought it would be a great idea for me to ring up an speak to him and tell him what I wanted for Christmas... all going well I got through and was talking to the man himself.. but instead of telling him what I wanted for Christmas I started asking him if he felt bad taking all the attention of Jesus and on his birthday... santa was speechless as was my mum... i was about 6... so embarrassing!!!! :o

I asked for one of those Panini sticker albums......a full one !! :D The lads at school always had sticker albums practically full so I wanted one complete of stickers to get back at them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

When I was four,mum took us to see Santa and I asked him for my Daddy.He said he would get him to us in time for Christmas.....Later in the day Mum took us to the train station to see the trains coming in,next thing is, we see our Dad coming down the platform towards us.....it was the best present we ever got...We got Mum to take us back to Santa to say thanks and show him our Dad....It even made Santa smile.......you see we came home to live 5 months before dad,as he had things to sort out first...and years later when I asked Mum how Santa knew to say yes,she told me she nodded to him as he glanced her way when I was asking him the question.....I always think how crafty parents can be at Christmas........:):):):):)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

littlemis wrote: »
    When I was four,mum took us to see Santa and I asked him for my Daddy.He said he would get him to us in time for Christmas.....Later in the day Mum took us to the train station to see the trains coming in,next thing is, we see our Dad coming down the platform towards us.....it was the best present we ever got...We got Mum to take us back to Santa to say thanks and show him our Dad....It even made Santa smile.......you see we came home to live 5 months before dad,as he had things to sort out first...and years later when I asked Mum how Santa knew to say yes,she told me she nodded to him as he glanced her way when I was asking him the question.....I always think how crafty parents can be at Christmas........:):):):):)

Lovely story and not a silly thing to ask Santa for in the slightest. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I once wrote at the end of my list "world peace" haha! I remember my mother laughing when I told her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

A doll and a buggy, not sure which was worse: me a four year old boy asking for them or the fact that come christmas morning there they were at the end of my bed:eek::eek::eek:

I heard a story a few years back of a girl in the town where I lived who wrote a letter to Santa, she never said what she wanted and just had a load of numbers, when her mother asked her what she wanted, she told her it's ok Santa will know and point blank refused to tell anyone what she hoped for. Her parent were getting in a bit of a panic as no one could figure out what it was, eventually someone they showed the letter to copped it...

they were the item number in the Argos catalogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

appleb wrote: »
    I asked for a 'Danny's Tranny' I kept up my firm belief in the great man himself, and as a result, was bitterly disappointed on Christmas morning.:mad:

Need to be careful what you ask for nowadays, god knows what you ll get:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

shellib wrote: »
    I was quite a weird kid and one year santa was on the radio, my mum thought it would be a great idea for me to ring up an speak to him and tell him what I wanted for Christmas... all going well I got through and was talking to the man himself.. but instead of telling him what I wanted for Christmas I started asking him if he felt bad taking all the attention of Jesus and on his birthday... santa was speechless as was my mum... i was about 6... so embarrassing!!!! :o

Funniest thing I've heard in ages. Great point tho, well done!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

I wanted a dog but was talked out of it every year

also wanted a big brother - everyone else had one!

Advertisement