Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Finals!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Hey Tommy - any chance you'd gie me step by step instructions on how to upload these photos I've taken? I've saved them to my desktop in Microsoft Picture Manager. I'd really love to upload them so my Secret Santa senders can see them!! But I'm a computer dumbell:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Shazanne wrote: »
    Hey Tommy - any chance you'd gie me step by step instructions on how to upload these photos I've taken? I've saved them to my desktop in Microsoft Picture Manager. I'd really love to upload them so my Secret Santa senders can see them!! But I'm a computer dumbell:o

Hey Shazanne - if you want them to come up like mine have, you need to go to www.photobucket.com and set up an account there (free). You then upload the images to that website (look for the green upload icon) and once they are on there, if you hover over each image, you will see 4 options appear below it. The one you want to select is the last one, "IMG Code". If you just click this, it will copy itself. You just come on here then and literally press ctrl+v (paste) and you will something like .....(text here)and when you hit reply it comes up as the image.  Alternatively you can upload them directly from your computer, but then people will just see the attachment and have to click on it. This faster method can be done by going to reply, and going down to additional options underneath where you type, and clicking manage attachments. You can add from your pictures folder or desktop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Go to www.photobucket.com and register, it's free and will take you 2 mins

Upload pics to there, then when uploaded, under the pics you will have 4 options, choose the bottom one, 'IMAGE CODE' i think, copy and past it in here, and pics will show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Easiest way:

Reply to thread - click on the paperclip to attach them to your post. Press the browse button to find them on your computer, double click the photo, <ETA> Click upload repeat as necessary untill you have them all in the post. We can just click on the attachments to see them ;)

3 sets of instructions eh? It seems everyone wants to see them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Secret santas, I'm genuinely touched at the amount of thought that went into all 3 gifts. If I was given money and shoved into a pet shop to buy the 3 of them gifts, I think I'd have come out with very similar. I think someone was doing some serious spying to choose perfect gifts. Thank you so much. 5 happy creatures in my home this evening.

Harley waiting patiently to open his gift.
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8246

Helping to open it. He never ever tried to take something until it's offered but with this he was trying his best to get it out of my hand. I'm sure he knew if was for him.
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8247

Playing with his new toys with his new christmas bandana on.
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8248

See that big squeeky ball - he adores it. He has spent hours chasing it around the sitting room, we eventually put it away, for him to have his dinner, he sat looking up at his toybox instead of eating! I also have a picture of him squashed under the coffee table hiding so we wouldn't take it from him. :D

Now for millers SS, I can only apologise for the quality of these pics. He's a cat who does not like to have his picture taken, does not like to appear interested, never sits still and wants everyone to think he's too cool to care. His camo collar is great - he lost his last collar about a a few days ago burying it in the snow.

Wondering why I have seated him on the dogs couch instead of the person couch and why I'm pointing at the pressie like a fool. Obviously he knows it for him - of course it is - just like everything else in the house.
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8249

Action shot. Best I could get without him making an evil face at me.
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8250

This is the "I'll stand quietly here beside the dirty mop for maximum shame for the hoooman" picture
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8251

I stuck his feather stick out of a tall candle holder I have on the top of the stairs for him to "bat gently". Just a few mins ago I heard thud thud thud...... apparently batting gently involves sliding down the stairs with it, followed closely by the candle! He's loving his pressies and bashing his sister away from them like a brat while sounding like a cheerful little christmas bell.

Willows SS got her willow branded gifts :eek:. A beautiful bowl, willows bag of fun and a willow catnip chum. Very soft and sweet, just like willow. So thoughtful.

checking out the treats on the box.
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8252

star gazing
    picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8253

eating from her new bowl. feeling very special getting fed away from her brother. With just some of her toys from her bag of fun.

picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8254

on the back of the package of the willow products there is a little verse.
    "I'm an explorer; I like to roam free and climb, I'm inquisitive, that's me, that's what I do" said Willow. "I'm a cat, master of the house, fearful of nothing and mischevous by nature. I sleep in style, dreaming of playing all day and having wild adventures. I'm one lucky cat, this is the life for me...."

We're all so thrilled with our gifts. I'm a bit worried about the ones I sent out. They are nowhere near as thoughtful or beautiful.

Thank you AJ. Great idea. And thank you ss's.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

Am i the only one who did a video from bug opening?;-)
    Those will be available shortly on Romeks fb profile I'm trying to do:-)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Romek-West-Highlander-White-Terrier/142961792420692?v=wall

Whispered wrote: »
    I think someone was doing some serious spying to choose perfect gifts.

I got caught and added as a friend :pac: :pac: :pac:

Willows SS got her willow branded gifts eek.gif. A beautiful bowl, willows bag of fun and a willow catnip chum. Very soft and sweet, just like willow. So thoughtful.

I did a double take when I saw them online, went to the shop and stood there for 5 minutes looking at the back extremely peeved that brand name Willow is boy! Who ever heard of a male cat called Willow :rolleyes:. I was also annoyed that I couldn't find any black and white cats on christmas cards :(. You all seem happy about it though :D

<ETA> I had great fun looking at cat things for a change :)

drongal wrote: »
    Am i the only one who did a video from bug opening?;-)
    Those will be available shortly on Romeks fb profile I'm trying to do:-)
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Romek-West-Highlander-White-Terrier/142961792420692?v=wall

I did a really rubbish quality video because Poppy ran off behind the christmas tree in case I'd take her pressie off her :rolleyes:. It's not really obvious it's a video from my post though cause you have to click on it and view it on photobucket.

I love Romek's facebook page :D

I did a double take when I saw them online, went to the shop and stood there for 5 minutes looking at the back extremely peeved that brand name Willow is boy! Who ever heard of a male cat called Willow :rolleyes:.

haha - well my willow is sometimes called willie when I'm talking to her, incorrect gender names are very in right now dontcha know. :D

Did you get a chance to have a look in the little bag? The stuff in it is really high quality and very natural. Really lovely gift. Thank you.

I allowed harley help open his pressie. I went out to answer the phone and he had moved 2 of the wrapped gifts from under the tree onto his bed. I got in before he managed to damage them but isn't it amazing how quickly they can pick things up. He's been sleeping here in the sitting room with the pressies for ages now and it never occured to him to rob. :rolleyes:

Are you posting the list of ss's today/tomorrow?

• Advertisement

SecretSanta20101.jpg?t=1293065516
    Max is wondering if this is edible! This gift is so very thoughtful - it reads Max 2010 - he (and I) will have it forever! Thank you SS!

SecretSanta20105.jpg?t=1293065830

Millie: "Where's my new ball gone?" - Max "Somewhere you won't find it!"
    But they love each other - really!

Did you get a chance to have a look in the little bag? The stuff in it is really high quality and very natural. Really lovely gift. Thank you.

It's quite a big range, I was spoilt for choice but think I chose the right items :) Last time I went in, it was almost all gone so Santa paws must be bringing a lot of kitties Willow branded products this year :D I always try to buy from that store if I can because they have a little small animal adoption centre in-store in conjunction with the local animal rescue :)

I allowed harley help open his pressie. I went out to answer the phone and he had moved 2 of the wrapped gifts from under the tree onto his bed. I got in before he managed to damage them but isn't it amazing how quickly they can pick things up. He's been sleeping here in the sitting room with the pressies for ages now and it never occured to him to rob. rolleyes.gif

Not a single pressie under my tree this year, Poppy needs no encouragement to tear up paper whatsoever :eek:
    Are you posting the list of ss's today/tomorrow?

Tomorrow evening maybe when everyones had a chance to post on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

I did a really rubbish quality video because Poppy ran off behind the christmas tree in case I'd take her pressie off her :rolleyes:. It's not really obvious it's a video from my post though cause you have to click on it and view it on photobucket.

I love Romek's facebook page :D

Thank you;-) There is nothing there yet so pls come back later:-) I have accidentally closed that stupid facebook video upload window so videos will be there probably in the morning:-)

picture.php?albumid=1146&pictureid=8255

Here is harley in hiding with his ball. the squeaking gave his position away. squashed under the coffee table.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Thank you do so much for 13's presents :) I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures yet as my Internet is down and I can't upload from my phone. 13 never ever stays in the kitchen when we go to bed but I was there last night awaiting the sound of her racing down the hall and all I heard for the next hour was her playing with all her new toys! Her "grown up" coller is very cool and very her and she'll only get another month it so out of her kitten one. Tho this new coller is being carried around by her! Her Christmas card is sat on too of her house :) thank you so much SS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Shamanic wrote: »
    Thank you do so much for 13's presents :) I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures yet as my Internet is down and I can't upload from my phone. 13 never ever stays in the kitchen when we go to bed but I was there last night awaiting the sound of her racing down the hall and all I heard for the next hour was her playing with all her new toys! Her "grown up" coller is very cool and very her and she'll only get another month it so out of her kitten one. Tho this new coller is being carried around by her! Her Christmas card is sat on too of her house :) thank you so much SS

What an awesome name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

scudzilla wrote: »
    What an awesome name :D

Unlucky for some but she's a very lucky kitten- she was attacked at about 4 weeks old and had her back leg badly damaged, she was found by a lady who took her to the vets in Clare and the attack resulted in her losing her leg. Meanwhile our own cat had passed away and this lady got in contact with a friend of ours to have her adopted but she was all the way in Clare and we were in Dublin. But somebody offered to drive her from Limerick and somebody else said they'd take her from Clare to Limerick. People I don't know at all so 13 seemed apt for our little soldier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Hi all
    didnt get a chance to come online yesterday- pipes burst :(

penny lovess her pressie a "Pink" fluffy jacket :D:D
    trying to find my camera cable and will post later :pac:

Thanks AJ for starting this its made mine and pennys christmas!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Finally getting a chance to put up pics..

Tilly:

IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg

Ozzie:

IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg

They both love their presents so much, Til goes mental for anything that squeaks, she was carrying round her snowman all night. I love the stocking with her name on it, dont think she appreciated it but I did!

Oz is in love with his turtle! He never had any heed on any other toys or bones (except pigs ears!) but he spend ages with his turtle last night and the squeaky bone is brilliant, he loved fetching that.

So thanks again to the two secret santas and esp to AJ :D

• Advertisement

minxie wrote: »
    Hi all
    didnt get a chance to come online yesterday- pipes burst :(

Oh no :mad:

Our water is gone now as well and am dreading coming back from Christmas with water everywhere :(

I am just loving all these photos! It's great to put faces to all these little (and some not so little!) fur-babies!
    And it's great to hear that they love their pressies! This is the best thing I think I have ever done at Christmas:)

Now on to my daughter's Stig and Chloe! They nearly jumped out of their furry skins with excitement when they got their pressies! Whoever chose the little rugby ball for Chloe hit the nail on the head - she's ball crazy! And it's just the right size for her! Stig got the same ball as my Millie got - which is great as they are mother and son! So from Stig and Chloe - "Thank you Secret Santas and you will see us soon when our Mommy takes our photos!":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I am just loving all these photos! It's great to put faces to all these little (and some not so little!) fur-babies!
    And it's great to hear that they love their pressies! This is the best thing I think I have ever done at Christmas:)

100% agree Shazanne, it's been great looking at all the pics. I keep on sneaking back on at work to see if anyone else had updated.

My two were playing with their new stuff for the entire night, which was great as they had brought all their old stuff outside over the last few days. They weren't even interested in their old shoes last night!

They were so excited...they were throwing the fleecy bone up in to the air and chasing after the balls. I thought they were going to wreck the house at one stage.

I still have no idea who sent it, but thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah loving all the pics everyone, ive been checking this thread non stop :D

Shazanne i got you (and Max). I feel so bad now as all the other pets got something to play with and all Max can do is look at the xmas decoration thats not much fun for him.:o Awww sorry i really shouldve got a little ball or teddy too.I was more thinking you'd have it for years for your xmas tree. Ah well lesson learned for next SS.:D Hope you all have a fab xmas in your house.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ah loving all the pics everyone, ive been checking this thread non stop :D

Shazanne i got you (and Max). I feel so bad now as all the other pets got something to play with and all Max can do is look at the xmas decoration thats not much fun for him.:o Awww sorry i really shouldve got a little ball or teddy too.I was more thinking you'd have it for years for your xmas tree. Ah well lesson learned for next SS.:D Hope you all have a fab xmas in your house.

O my God no! I love it! And we will have it for years! I have little hearts on my tree like lockets with pictures of my former precious pets inside and they take pride of place on the tree every year. It's love to have something for Max as a keepsake. Actually, I'd love to get one of those for Millie too so hopefully I'll get you next year again!!!! Thank you so much for that gift, it is perfect:)

Well here it is!! This is the list of Boardsies and the pet each one sent pressies to.
    adrenalinjunkie - Willow
    anniehoo - Max
    antomagoo - Lucy
    belongtojazz - Pip
    Blogger50 - Ruby
    drongal - Oso & Sox
    duracell_bunny - Eddie
    i-digress - Poppy
    kildareash - Brodi
    minxie - Chloe
    sambuka41 - Beanie
    scudzilla - Oscar
    Shamanic - Ozzie
    Shazanne - Tilly
    - Rosie
    - Miller
    tazwaz - Millie
    The Paws - Bailey
    Tillygirl - Harley
    - Romek
    tommy21 - Finn
    - Stig
    TooManyDogs - Jazz
    Whispered - Phantom, Ellie, Oscar, Wiley, Little Dude & Puca
    - Penny
    - Roxie

Thank you Shamanic & Shazanne from Ozzie and Tilly. They were both so excited about it all. Thanks for the thoughtful gifts :D

Thanks again AJ, great idea and very well organised :D

Happy Christmas everyone and your pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Thank you Blogger50 for Ruby's first ever Christmas presents!!! :D She has never discovered the squeak in her teddys before yesterday and she's delighted with herself now!! Bringing it over to us and squeaking like mad:p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

So so so blonde today, had to get hubby to explain how to read the spoiler!!!

Thank you Whispered! My lot are having a great time with the toys, the tug ones in particular, they're pulling each other around the sitting room with them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Thank you antomagoo and belongtojazz, nicely done :) Pets are delighted!

And to everyone else, we need MWOAR PICTURES!

fc53882_moar-2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement