Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Local Paper do you Buy/Read?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Im just wondering which local papers people actually read, is it the Kilkenny People which costs €2 or one of the freepapers Kilkenny Advertiser or the Kilkenny Reporter - all are busy trying to sell adverts at present and I want to spend the advertising budget wisely.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I'll buy the Kilkenny People if I think there's something worth reading in there.

The Advertiser is pretty much only good for John Cleere and John Fitzgerald's columns, don't think there's a lot of merit elsewhere.

And The Reporter is probably the best choice in my opinion. It's free, all the articles are actually written by actual journalists as opposed to regurgitated press releases (the Advertiser) and it has a good selection of interesting articles and features. All this from a paper edited by Jimmy Rhatigan, that's the biggest surprise of all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

The People.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I read both free ones every week and I would read the people if it was free or if someone bought it and gave it to me to read and there was nothing better to do.

I don't think money spent on advertising in a local paper is advertising budget well spent for many applications.

Perhaps it is for yours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

I've advertised in all 3, the advertiser used to be good but now there's little or no feedback from any type of ad in it but they are cheaper than the Kilkenny People. The reporter was a waste of time, it literally has no circulation outside of KilKenny City just because they print 20,000 copies doesn't mean they are viewed by 20,000 people.

Over all I think the Kilkenny people is the best but they come at a price and unless its a large display advert I don't think there's much point.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

none. i dont read any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I'll glance through the papers that come through the door. Never buy the People.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

I buy and read the People, I do get the other two but tend to glance through them more than anything.

As already said above, I think your advertising budget would be better spent elsewhere. Most people wouldn't even bother looking at the ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The people. Too many ads in the reporter and advertiser to go looking for articles . . .

Advertisement