Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Napoli 20.00 hrs Channel 5

Comments

Mister men wrote: »
    Poulson is the worst footballer in the history of the club. Fact. Donkey of a player.

I'll see your Poulsen and I'll raise you http://live4liverpool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/piechnik.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

also i thought he was going to put out a stronger side tonite? Not much difference between this team and the previous europa games? Roy id be making changes soon. You know who should be gone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Fighting going on outside the ground apparently, thats not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jova and N'Gog have been our better players so far, while Shelvey's been ok but drifted out of the game in the last 20 minutes.

i'm still relatively confident we'll get a draw.

it just worries me that Napoli could just be sitting back right now and they've more gears if they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Hard luck Johnner

First good thing he has done..

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Couple of things. Johnson getting booed by the Ultra's when he gets the ball.
    Anyone notice the Napoli right full with the Blue tongue? :D

Napoli move the ball excellently. Liverpool don't. Sorry I'll qualify that, Poulsen and Spearing don't. Kess is right, he is just like the little jack russell that nobody pays attention to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mister men wrote: »
    Poulson is the worst footballer in the history of the club. Fact. Donkey of a player.

Worse than a donkey, an ass. I hope the Neopolitans are fighting with themselves and the cops and not locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Jamie Carragher needs to be put to stud.

Johnson and Poulson need to be put down .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

pockets of napoli fans around different areas of the ground - might get nasty later if game gets fiesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    pockets of napoli fans around different areas of the ground - might get nasty later if game gets fiesty

Reported disturbances outside the ground involving Napoli supporters who did not gain entry.

As reported by the bbc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

mike65 wrote: »
    Worse than a donkey, an ass. I hope the Neopolitans are fighting with themselves and the cops and not locals.

I've only ever heard of Liverpool fans doing that.

the problem with this game is that Poulsen and Spearing are doing everything we feared they would.

all this is showing is that Mereiles should've been in the engine room, not in the hole, or wide, or free role, or wherever he's playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

I wonder will they be removed at h/t ?

Thank Fcuk that half is over !

Get Gerrard on asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

mike65 wrote: »

I dont know how many are watching on 5 but they just said, fans (napoli) outside the ground have tickets but not for the napoli section. When napoli scored several pockets of napoli fans in the home fans section were celebrating. Security doing nothing yet, dont want to flame anything , maybe halftime they will..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

orourkeda wrote: »
    Reported disturbances outside the ground involving Napoli supporters who did not gain entry.

As reported by the bbc

Yeah Channel Five said they had tickets for the Home sections and so were not allowed enter.

They also said there seems to be pockets of Napoli fans who did get into the Home sections judging by the celebrations for the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Lolsen is just an embarrasment.

SlickRic wrote: »
    the problem with this game is that Poulsen and Spearing are doing everything we feared they would.

all this is showing is that Mereiles should've been in the engine room, not in the hole, or wide, or free role, or wherever he's playing.

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

daithijjj wrote: »
    I dont know how many are watching on 5 but they just said, fans (napoli) outside the ground have tickets but not for the napoli section. When napoli scored several pockets of napoli fans in the home fans section were celebrating. Security doing nothing yet, dont want to flame anything , maybe halftime they will..

Disturbance have been reported outside the stadium by the BBC.

• Advertisement

1-1 in the other game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Bodhisopha wrote: »

Huh?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

baldbear wrote: »
    I wonder will they be removed at h/t ?

reporter on five said the police are monitoring the situation but do not want to inflame the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

SlickRic wrote: »

It's actually disturbing that a group of fans on a messageboard seem to be more clued in than the manager as to how to run this team. Worrying to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

:confused:

It's actually disturbing that a group of fans on a messageboard seem to be more clued in than the manager as to how to run this team. Worrying to say the least.

it's not even that i'm claiming to know more than him.

it just seems fear and caution has gripped him so much that common sense hasn't prevailed at all.

Poulsen and Spearing aren't ball-players really, and aren't going to set any sort of tempo, and aren't going to keep the ball very well.

Mereiles will.

and we're at home, so the onus should be on us to try and play a bit.

it really is baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Huh?

He said, he hopes the Napoli fans were fighting amongst themselves, so i says to him, i've only ever heard of Liverpool fans doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Poulsen is just a hairband wandering around the midfield. An absolutely useless player!!!

Wtf? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

He said, he hopes the Napoli fans were fighting amongst themselves, so i says to him, i've only ever heard of Liverpool fans doing that.

Awesome post. I enjoyed that. Respect big man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

God I can't believe how much Liverpool have gone to the dogs.

• Advertisement

When was that occasion??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

When does that happen? Apart from the superthread here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Gerrard is coming on. I just don't know who to take off?;)

Meireles should drop back into midfield, he's lost behind N'Gog. Spearing probably the best of the lot. Don't know why people are criticising Johnson. Been fine.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    When does that happen? Apart from the superthread here

AND WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN BY THAT ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

BBC text reporting Napoli fans who couldn't get in fighting behind Annie Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Pretty painful half. Shelvey shouldn't be playing on the right it does him no favours, its only gonna damage his confidence. Likewise Meireles shouldn't be playing in the hole. We have no width, I wonder if Hodgson regrets banning wide players from his bench?

Jova off, Gerrard on. How does that work?

lol at your one asleep during HT on Five

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

opr wrote: »
    Loads of rumours surrounding him and Liverpool last year. Looks a real talent great goal.

Well as part of any contract negotiation Pool would have to supply him with his own song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWraJgiax1s

Catchiest feckin thing ever!

Gerrard on, good stuff.

Jova off though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

wtf :confused: Roy takes off our only out ball in the first half and only bit of width ? Come on he is having a laugh ? He has to have been injured surely.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

5 central mids. **** off Roy, get the **** out of here

AND WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU MEAN BY THAT ;)

What the f*ck do you think he means?? That's it, ShamoBuc. You! Me! Outside! NOW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Dub13 wrote: »
    BBC text reporting Napoli fans who couldn't get in fighting behind Annie Road.

This is a real shame. Ultras ruining the whole experience for the real Napoli fans:mad:

monkey9 wrote: »
    What the f*ck do you think he means?? That's it, ShamoBuc. You! Me! Outside! NOW!!!!

Fúck that... it's raining;).... maybe next match though

population wrote: »
    This is a real shame. Ultras ruining the whole experience for the real Napoli fans:mad:

Are Napoli fans notorious for this in Italy or is it a problem in general with Serie A? Would they have a reputation more so than others??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Woy should of took Poulsen off and put Meireles in there.
    Anyone know Italian? What did yer wan say?

Glen Johnson weakens our team considerably.

I preferred it when he was injured tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

FFS!!

• Advertisement

Fúck that... it's raining;).... maybe next match though

Fair enough, i didn't fancy messing my hair up anyway!!

Advertisement