Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Napoli 20.00 hrs Channel 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Blatant Lucozade advertising in this Gerrard interview!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

shame we have to rely on our star players to do the business, even agist napoli :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

mike65 wrote: »
    No credit to Hodgson though, suppose Gerrard was suspended or injured? He set the team up horribly and nearly paid for it. He is still as clueless as when he arrived.

LOL.... seriously give the man some credit you disgrace of a so called fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The thoughts of playing Chelsea after that display, despite the Gerrard show. We'll be lucky to avoid humiliation.
    I can see a 3 or 4 nil for the blues unfortunately. Gerrard saved Hodgson's job tonight. He is a clueless clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

kirsteen o sullivan!!!:eek:
    where did 3e pull her out of!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

RasTa wrote: »

He's entitled to his opinion, loads of Liverpool supporters have no faith in Hodgson, any man that thinks Poulsen is work 5m pounds is not a Liverpool manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Who was that texter?

"If Liverpool can play like that I don't see why they can't win the Premier League and the Europa League".

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

To be fair, it was the Steven Gerrard show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

Good man Woy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

FFS. At leastI'm going to enjoy tonights result.
    I honestly hope it's enough to take them into the chelsea game full steam and stick it to them.

But if hodgson starts that game with Poulsen, it will be over by half time.

• Advertisement

Le King wrote: »
    Dear, oh dear. What a terrible second half Napoli performance. They really should be ashamed of that. Absolutely horrible.

:pac:lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can have him if you like.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who was that texter?

"If Liverpool can play like that I don't see why they can't win the Premier League and the Europa League".

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

To be fair, it was the Steven Gerrard show.

Roy Hodgson, probably!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i can't take Babb giving defensive pointers seriously.

sorry.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

For what though? For once the myth of us of being a one man team was actually a reality tonight. Brutal stuff altogether, he had players out there who couldn't pass the ball to save their lives. I mean FFS, in the first half one Liverpool player actually put a Napoli player through on goal.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Roy Hodgson, probably!!

Nah, the word "historic" wasn't in there. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

tv3 online down for anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :pac:lol

huh?

The Gerrard show today. Hopefully Liverpool can push on and win at the weekend now!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That_Guy wrote: »
    Who was that texter?

think she said 'Boggles' or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I honestly hope it's enough to take them into the chelsea game full steam and stick it to them.

But if hodgson starts that game with Poulsen, it will be over by half time.

I agree, he's a hopeless excuse of a footballer. As someone has stated I'd much prefer Lucas ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Was his pass-back for the first goal Dossena's first ever assist for Liverpool?

:pac:
    Off The Guardian MBM

• Advertisement

So you won but still are not happy...3 games in a row, hopefully when you beat chelsea this weekend that will shut yous up but I doubt it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The thoughts of playing Chelsea after that display, despite the Gerrard show. We'll be lucky to avoid humiliation.

This is what I dont get...

Was that our first team? No it wasnt. It was fringe players and reserves with 2-3 first team players.

I have to tip my hat to Roy, throughout the Europa league he hasnt played a full strenght team and now look, we're top of our group. Yes it wasnt pretty at times but we are there. Obviously their will be some risk involved but it can pay off.

The deeper we get, Roy will either have to start playing a stronger team or we could get knocked out early. (If it becomes a priority)

SlickRic wrote: »
    i can't take Babb giving defensive pointers seriously.

sorry.

:p

Ah come on, give the bloke some credit. He's an expert on bad defending so he knows it when he sees it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Hard not to have serious respect for Gerrard, tbh.
    More respect for John Henry, though!:D

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Was that our first team? No it wasnt. It was fringe players and reserves with 2-3 first team players.

I have to tip my hat to Roy, throughout the Europa league he hasnt played a full strenght team and now look, we're top of our group. Yes it wasnt pretty at times but we are there. Obviously their will be some risk involved but it can pay off.

The deeper we get, Roy will either have to start playing a stronger team or we could get knocked out early. (If it becomes a priority)
    Reina
    Carragher
    Soto
    Johnson
    Poulsen
    Meireles
    Jovanovic
    Konchesky

That's 8 first teamers that started tbh.

not 2-3.

"We rested some big players"

Bit harsh on yourself Mr. Gerrard.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Hard not to have serious respect for Gerrard, tbh.
    More respect for John Henry, though!:D

John Henry is a bit of a hero. Fair play to him. She's a bit of a bird all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Koncheskey, Meireles, Krygiakos, Poulsen, Jovanovic would hardly be classed as fringe players and reserves.

So you won but still are not happy...3 games in a row, hopefully when you beat chelsea this weekend that will shut yous up but I doubt it

Who's not happy?

A lot of people don't think Hodgson is the man to lead Liverpool in the medium-long term. Big deal.

Roy moves his head an awful lot... Bit like a pigeon or something.

• Advertisement

Woy Hodgson is as delusional as the Miami Jesus.

Reina, Carragher, Johnson, Koncheskey, Meireles, Krygiakos, Poulsen, Jovanovic would hardly be classed as fringe players and reserves.
    You read my mind (or my post) Stumps!

safe to say, we all enjoyed something from tonight.

98153068.jpg

Im pretty drunk here btw so will contine to take the piss whilst people are out smoking... desire beats iPhone

You read my mind (or my post) Stumps!

Well I'm camped here in your garden, looking in the window at you now. Give us a wave.

Well I'm camped here in your garden, looking in the window at you now. Give us a wave.
    *waves*

Anyone watching the city highlights on 3e now?

Great first goal from lech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

oconnon9 wrote: »
    kirsteen o sullivan!!!:eek:
    where did 3e pull her out of!!!

she is a stunner!

Im pretty drunk here btw so will contine to take the piss whilst people are out smoking... desire beats iPhone

At least you admit it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Weird match.

Gerrards introduction really lifted the team, there was an urgency I hadn't seen yet under Hodgson in that second half.

Unfortunately, the tactics were brutal. Starts with 4 centre mids and it doesn't work, so what does he do? brings on a fifth in place of our only wide man. Obviously bringing Gerrard on was a good decision and Hodgson deserves credit for it but why was Jovanovic replaced, really bizarre decision.

Poulsen is useless, seen enough of him by now to make up my mind on him.

Eccleston, Shelvey and Spearing all put in positive performances, though Shelveys was very hit and miss. I don't blame him though because he was clearly playing in a position he wasn't comfortable in.

Meireles is a centre mid. Don't know why Hodgson insists on playing him elsewhere.

Disappointed to see Dossena getting booed. Also feel bad for him. Even though his career here was a major disappointment I always kinda like the guy and I hope he can put that error behind him and keep up his good form for Napoli.

Overall I have to say I think the team won in spite of Roy rather than thanks to Roy. It was an embarrassing performance tactically but thankfully Gerrards introduction lifted the team sufficiently and credit to the players for putting in the effort second half. We need to play with that urgency on a regular basis.

Also well done Lucas for his assist on the third. Delighted to see he seems to be regaining his form.

Bring on Chelsea. Hopefully we should win the midfield battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SlickRic wrote: »
    safe to say, we all enjoyed something from tonight.

98153068.jpg

BDD_JH_ice_42809_bdd.jpg

Agree totally....wouldn't mind being her ice-cream here!

Jesus, the sound lad should be fired from 3e. The music is overpowering the lad reporting on those goals.

It's a good tune though so I'll let it slide. :D

Lads, we really need to have a bit of positivity about tonight. Napoli are a seriously good side with some fantastic players and that was pretty much their full team.

Roy has already stated that this competition is not a number one priority so it wasn't our first team. When we play Chelsea with a full strength squad to choose from, we wouldn't start with the likes Ngog, Shelvey, Spearing etc. So to beat Napoli 3-1 is a great result.

Now Chelsea on the other hand is a different prospect. I don't expect us to get three points, but if we play a back four of say Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky, have Lucas and Meireles in front of them with Gerrard behind Torres and play who you want out wide, combined with a high tempo and the atmoshere of the Kop behind us, you never know.

But i'm guessing with Cole and Kuyt out, we're gonna see Meirles out wide and Pucas in the centre!! :(

3 good results does not a summer make. Theres still more wrong with us that right.

I fully expect the Chelsea to murder us. Our first team is just not good enough never mind our 2nd. I enjoyed the win as Ive never not supported our team but... sorry Ive just lost concentration.. is that his wife?

Kinhell!

Lads, we really need to have a bit of positivity about tonight. Napoli are a seriously good side with some fantastic players and that was pretty much their full team.

Roy has already stated that this competition is not a number one priority so it wasn't our first team. When we play Chelsea with a full strength squad to choose from, we wouldn't start with the likes Ngog, Shelvey, Spearing etc. So to beat Napoli 3-1 is a great result.

Now Chelsea on the other hand is a different prospect. I don't expect us to get three points, but if we play a back four of say Johnson, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Konchesky, have Lucas and Meireles in front of them with Gerrard behind Torres and play who you want out wide, combined with a high tempo and the atmoshere of the Kop behind us, you never know.

But i'm guessing with Cole and Kuyt out, we're gonna see Meirles out wide and Pucas in the centre!! :(
    But that's the thing, it practically was the full team, bar those three.

and n'gog was one of the best out there tonight, never stopped running, if only he was a bit more keen with an eye for goal he would have buried one maybe two.

Lads, we really need to have a bit of positivity about tonight. Napoli are a seriously goodpoor side with some fantastic average players and that was pretty much their full team.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Im Happy!

but i know what you mean :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I like the background detail in that pic ;)

But that's the thing, it practically was the full team, bar those three.

and n'gog was one of the best out there tonight, never stopped running, if only he was a bit more keen with an eye for goal he would have buried one maybe two.

that wasnt close to the best 11 we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Reina
    Carragher
    Soto
    Johnson
    Poulsen
    Meireles
    Jovanovic
    Konchesky

That's 8 first teamers that started tbh.

not 2-3.

I'd say 5.

Soto, Jovanovic and it is starting to look like Poulsen may not be any more.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

i hope Hodgson enjoys this, because he's had so much pressure on him it's untrue.

i just hope he really took note tonight when he looks at the game in the cold light of day.

if he's honest with himself he'll know we were shít for the most part, and that he has a special player who got us out of a hole.

if he's honest he'll now know Poulsen is not good enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement