Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent Supplement - Will we get it?

• 04-11-2010 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Just wondering would anyone know what the chances are of us getting RA. Myself, husband and son have been renting this house, 4 bed, for the last 18months, both of us are unemployed. Rent was set at €150 a week initially. At the time my brother in law was also living with us and he claimed rent allowance for his portion of the rent. He moved out in may and we got a reduction in rent to €130 which we were managing to pay from my JSB and savings. A few weeks ago we were assessed for JSA and now only getting 201.90 a week because of the means test. Our landlord has agreed to reduce the rent to €115 a week, which is the rent limit for our family size in this area, from this week in order for us to claim rent allowance. I was out in the CWO office today getting the forms and it states that we need to show tenancy agreement or rent receipts. The tenancy agreement states 150 and also has Brother in laws name on it. The landlord hasnt issued a new tenancy agreement since the first one, even though there has been a reduction in rent. If I ask him to give one now will that be accepted by the CWO or will we have to wait another 6 months before being able to apply.
    Any thought greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

My rent was reduced before I applied for RA also rendering the figure on my lease incorrect - and the original amount was also above the limit. My CWO accepted a letter from my landlord confirming the reduction.

Advertisement