Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CHK disk check on start up?

• 04-11-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭

everytime I start my laptop now this thing comes up, CHK disk check, checking for consistency. Press any key to stop disk check within 9-8-7......seconds etc.

then sometimes if I cancel the disk check it'll come up on my homescreen saying things like "windows4363 whatever" is corrpupt and cannot be found."

I have windows 7, could it be a virus?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

could be but more than likely, your hard drive could be corrupted, leave the chk disk run, it could take hours but at the end you will know whats the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, let it run fully overnight.

Advertisement