Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PS3] Which Tiger Woods (or other) Golf game?

• 04-11-2010 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

So I'm thinking of picking up a golf game for the PS3, I'm not fssed on having the latest courses or newest golfer lineups so an older game is fine. What would people recommend as the best golf game to get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

If you're not too pushed on realism, I found everybody's golf a lot better than the Tiger games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

John Dalys one is meant to be pretty good with the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thanks for the recommendation :)

Is this the game?

If so then it's not for me, I absolutely HATE Japanese style games, gameplay and animation with a passion that words can't describe. :o

I don't know why but even the music, and sound effects on character selection in that demo video make me cringe and rage in equal measure :D

If that's not the game you're talking about then can you provide a link?

John Dalys one is meant to be pretty good with the move.
    Don't have the Move and probably won't get one until I'm convinced that there's a load of decent games available for it :) Is this available on regular PS3? Sorry, I'm not up on Golf Games at all but don't want to just buy a TW game if there's a better one out there.

That, sadly, is the game. I think Tiger might be your best bet if you don't like the look of that, I have 09 and it's quite good, should be pretty easy to get a cheap copy too, but maybe someone else knows if the latest version is better, I haven't tried it yet.

• Advertisement

Yeah, don't know why but I hate Japanese games, even hate most arcade games these days because they all seem to be exactly the same style as that game :D

Well this is one of the last Golf game I played and I used to love it. State of the art back then :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

r3nu4l wrote: »

OMG i think i had that on the C64, class game.

John Daly demo on the PSN store :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Tiger woord 06...

Its unreal...

Plus sometimes you get awesome gamebreaker shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Yeah, don't know why but I hate Japanese games, even hate most arcade games these days because they all seem to be exactly the same style as that game :D

Well this is one of the last Golf game I played and I used to love it. State of the art back then :o

One of the proudest days of my life when i got a hole in 1 on that game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement