Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so, i'm off the drink for November...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

Well I think thats a good idea.
    We all go out a little bit more at Christmas. Its normal. So why not save that extra few bob for the holidays. not one thing wrong with it, and I for one will say.........FAIR PLAY!!*

*Please ignore username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I love when people say "I had a great night, sure you don't need drink."

I've said the same myself. First night is easy, second night that's okay too.

Third night, you realise why having a drink is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

All this guff just highlights the Oooirish attitute to drink.

No such thing as having a few bottles with food and enjoying oneself .

Noooo way, it's horse it into in as much quantity and as quickly as possible.

Nobody gives a fcuk if you are off the drink for November to blow out the pipes in December:eek:

The attitude that people should agree with all this rubbish is equally reprehensible.

Some posters seem to think that we should plawmaus the OP instead of saying what we think.

Beggars belief in my opinion, but unfortunately is indicative of the stupidity of drinkers here in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Have to agree with OP...what the fcuk is the necessity to go on the DRY for November...ever hear of MODERATION.??.

Seeing that Goon Aherne with the ash on his bonce and proclaiming that he gives up "de drink" for November is another reason for not doing it.

What would the fcukin Vintners do if everybody took that attitude ?

Have to trade down their Mercs and give up their fancy apartments in Poerto Banus so they would.

Maybe they might have to start recognising their good customers and cop on that they are in the "hospitality" business.

nah ! won't happen ...forget I said that.

Advertisement