Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 3:42pm

Hi, I'm in my third year of the Arts omnibus. I'm starting to get worried because it's now November and I've heard nothing about my thesis. Everyone else I know that's in their final year is already at least preparing a plan for theirs. I haven't gotten any wind of such a thing.
    Is it possible I've missed out on vital information? Or does this degree programme simply not have a final thesis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

What? We have to do a thesis! I thought that was only masters students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

For English you do a thesis only if you're doing pure English. If you're doing it as part of Arts you don't do a thesis till your Masters. I think that's the same for the other disciplines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It depends on what course(s) you're doing. As Brimmy already said, a lot of 'pure' courses, such as history, English, and psychology require students to complete a dissertation as part of their degree. However, I have yet to meet a student who has completed a thesis as part of a joint major.

Call up to your school office and seek clarification on the matter. It could be that you're worrying over nothing. And if you're not, at least you'll know for definite.

Wow, really? No thesis?
    I thought I'd at least have to put together something small for each subject

Advertisement