Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not a vegetarian but love fresh veg !

Options
  • 04-11-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I have to admit I am not a vegetarian but I do like fresh veg and eggs ( Not the packaged stuff you normally get in Dublin supermarkets.

Recently I have started to go a market every Saturday in Glasnevin - www.honest2goodness.ie

Veg is really local ,fresh and cheap ie bunch of large carrots with stalks = €1.

Does anyone know of any other cheap markets in Dublin ? I've been to Clontarf ( Stables ) but it is quite expensive .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

the Dublin Food Co op. http://www.dublinfood.coop/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

dak wrote: »
    I have to admit I am not a vegetarian but I do like fresh veg and eggs ( Not the packaged stuff you normally get in Dublin supermarkets.

Recently I have started to go a market every Saturday in Glasnevin - www.honest2goodness.ie

Veg is really local ,fresh and cheap ie bunch of large carrots with stalks = €1.

Does anyone know of any other cheap markets in Dublin ? I've been to Clontarf ( Stables ) but it is quite expensive .

Is that just a new name for the Glasnevin market.........http://www.glasnevinmarket.ie/ ???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Do they sell hot food? Must pop down tomorrow and have a looksee!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

carrots were cheap tehre, everything else was not! Got some nice mango chutney for 4.50

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

in fairness I would pay 100 squids for that mango chutney :D

• Advertisement

Ok it's good, now that I get a chance to taste it :p

Advertisement