Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Rosscommon Bus?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a bus to Roscommon and back to Galway again. Doesn't seem to be a service clear on the Bus Eireann site and google has been no help. If anyone knows of a bus route to and from then it would be appreciated if you could help me out. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

found this on the bus eireann website. dunno if id call it a bus "service" tho

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1252400881-78.pdf

and

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1271426276-425.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Cheers for that. Like you said not much of a service, one bus a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I may have posted this before, but a year or two ago, I needed to go to a particular town (nameless!) in Roscommon at a specific time, work related. I rang up BE, and the woman actually said "Now WHY would your want to go there" :eek::eek::eek:D
    She then proceeded to tell me how difficult it is to get to Roscommon from Galway.:rolleyes:

inisboffin wrote: »
    I may have posted this before, but a year or two ago, I needed to go to a particular town (nameless!) in Roscommon at a specific time, work related. I rang up BE, and the woman actually said "Now WHY would your want to go there" :eek::eek::eek:D
    She then proceeded to tell me how difficult it is to get to Roscommon from Galway.:rolleyes:
    Its a good question tbh:D I just need to get back from Roscommon for work Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

There used to be the 4.25 Bus Éireann Galway to Longford Service, it did run on a Saturday, don't know if it's still running or if times would suit you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think that it is on the Longford bue route, but you'll have to check with Bus Eireann.

Appears to be the number 425 on here.

Here is the relevant timetable.

Leaves Galway Monday to Saturday at 16:25, arriving in Roscommon between 18:14 and 18:24.
    Leaves Roscommon at 09:26, arriving in Galway between 11:15 and 11:25.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, I'm going to be in Rosscommon all day and back for work at 11 so just hoping to sort something out before tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Much as it pains me, may I suggest a rental car. Hopefully you're over 25 and have had a full car licence for two years.

All the private buses I know of are listed on the Regional Buses page, but I don't remember Roscommon coming up.

Re Bus Eireann, you may be able to get a bus to somewhere else, then another bus that goes through Roscommon town. Could be slow and painful.

Sometimes it's good to go into their Journey Planner screen, then choose the Location timetable tab inside it, to see just what buses go through the town - it can spark off ideas for using a combination of private and BE services that the planner won't suggest.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 burren

Train via Athlone?! Last Roscommon to Athlone train is at 19.10 Saturday night. There is an 80 minute wait in Athlone for the Galway bound train and you arrive in Galway at 21.56.

Cheers for the responses. Couldn't make it unfortunately, couldn't risk missing or being late for work but appreciate the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement