Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is water mains off in the city centre?

Options
  • 04-11-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I live in temple bar and my water has not been working since yesterday evening. We have hot water but no cold water or water coming into our washing machine.

Anyone else in the city centre experiencing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I'm in Dublin 2 too and no problem with water- everything working as normal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Best off ring Dublin City Coucil Water Services: 01 222 0600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

And stop running your hot water, if your boiler runs empty you'll be ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Thanks I rang them and apparently it's an issue with the pump into our building
    :( No idea when it will be back!

Frick I think I just emptied it :eek: We only turn on the hot water when we need it and a sign says it fills up at 9am each morning (obviously when the water is back working first) ... have we fecked it up???

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭-ilikeshorts

I live in Temple bar too and my water stopped working sometime today, we had hot and cold this morning, but when I came home there was nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Good man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Good man!

WOman...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we have no water in work - Dublin 2

we have been told to use the toilets in Holles Street Hospital :mad: that place is filthy and full of disease

Still no water in temple bar

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Live in temple bar and not noticed anything unusual! :)

Nick

• Advertisement

I'd say it's just my building

Sorry only replying now. It came back late Fri morning...apparently the pump into our building had broken.

We're probably in the same building because the other flats have got theres back since friday, plumber was supposed to be sorting ours out today but nobody was home, will be entering day 6 tomorrow :O

actually i was away for the weekend and only back now and we have no hot water...like when i turn on the hot taps no water is coming out :/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

giddybootz wrote: »
    actually i was away for the weekend and only back now and we have no hot water...like when i turn on the hot taps no water is coming out :/

you emptied the tank and the system is now probably airlocked

either get yourself plumber or head over to the plumbing forum and they will sort you out

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

See that's the weird thing...we had hot water on Friday but now nothing??

I'll get onto a Plumber so!

Advertisement