Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADVICE ON RACING BIKE

• 04-11-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hey guys i intrested in doing a bit of cycling , not intrested in competetion at moment just more into getting fitter , i have a mountain bike already but would rather a racer style bike , was looking on ebay seen a coyote racer 2010 model they seem reasonable priced are they any gud or anybody have any experince with that brand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I can recommend one of these

POW!
    117271.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 warder1982

what kinda money we talking, i got the mountain bike on the cycle to work scheme last year , so cant get another for 5years so dont want to splash to much cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,461 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i think you'd be better off with something like this

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_272635_langId_-1_categoryId_212536

at least you could throw it back when something falls off

warder1982 wrote: »
    what kinda money we talking, i got the mountain bike on the cycle to work scheme last year , so cant get another for 5years so dont want to splash to much cash

It ain't too much. Start saving a fiver a week and you'll have it in about 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Raam wrote: »
    It ain't too much. Start saving a fiver a week and you'll have it in about 15 years.

Maybe it's just the pic, but that saddle looks ridiculously high, is the frame too small for u?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Maybe it's just the pic, but that saddle looks ridiculously high, is the frame too small for u?

Raam has a torso like Simon Cowell, only thinner.

Fits me like a glove.
    blackhalloweengloves.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

If you get a bike of low quality then there's the possibility that riding it will turn you off road bikes altogether. If you're pretty sure that it's something you want to get into then up your budget to what you feel you can really afford. You should be able to ge more bang for your buck with a secondhand purchase. If, after having given it a go, you decide that it aint for you then should be able to get your money back or close enough when you sell it on provided that you've looked after it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 warder1982

Lemag wrote: »
    If you get a bike of low quality then there's the possibility that riding it will turn you off road bikes altogether. If you're pretty sure that it's something you want to get into then up your budget to what you feel you can really afford. You should be able to ge more bang for your buck with a secondhand purchase. If, after having given it a go, you decide that it aint for you then should be able to get your money back or close enough when you sell it on provided that you've looked after it well.
    ]

ok thanx for advice any particular make/model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

warder1982 wrote: »
    ]

ok thanx for advice any particular make/model

Incidentally I'm selling this http://adverts.ie/310077 but I have someone coming to see it this w/e so it might not be available for long.

If you're going the secondhand route then you don't have the luxury to pick and choose whatever you want. Just have a look for what is out there on adverts.ie, gumtree, donedeal etc. and then check online for reviews of whichever bikes seem to take your fancy. http://www.bikeradar.com has a fairly extensive list of reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Raam wrote: »
    I can recommend one of these

My god, is that one of those electrically powered handlebar warmers I've heard so much about?

Advertisement