Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show : 5th November 2010

Options
  • 04-11-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Update of full list from RTE:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1105/thelatelateshow.html
    Broadcasting legend Michael Parkinson is set to join Ryan Tubridy for a chat on 'The Late Late Show' tonight.Also on the show is Girls Aloud star Nadine Coyle, who will be talking to Ryan about life in Los Angeles and her new solo career, and French actress Juliette Binoche.

Tonight's 'Late Late Show' also features a special tribute to Ireland, Leeds United and Manchester United legend John Giles, who is celebrating his 70th birthday this weekend.

The former footballer and broadcaster will be joined by many guests, including Nobby Stiles, Norman Hunter, Paul Reaney, Peter Lorimar and Eddie Gray, Ray Houghton, Paul McGrath, Ronnie Whelan, Eamon Dunphy, Liam Brady and Bill O'Herlihy.
    Watch 'The Late Late Show' tonight at 9.35pm on RTÉ One.

STICKY: DLB refers to "Dainty Little Bugger" - which is what Rhys Ifans referred to Tubridy as, on the Late Late Show of October 1st 2010.... interview link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXi8OG0jCz8 ..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Imagine if DLB was struck down with a sudden bout of tonsillitis and Parkie had to fill in.
    Would'nt it be so nice to watch a professional host the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Aw i love Parkie. Will be akward for DLB interviewing him when he knows exactly what Parkie will be thinking.
    Binoche will be good also. But will she have enough of an Irish connection for his liking?

My dream guest for this week would have been good old Neil Prendeville:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,448 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Who is DLB?

rebel10 wrote: »
    Will be akward for DLB interviewing him when he knows exactly what Parkie will be thinking.

He will be thinking "FFS. Stop interrupting me, you stupid twat. I’m trying to develop a story here. How the fcuk did he get this job? ”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

coylemj wrote: »
    Who is DLB?
    Ok, so from now on, everytime someone asks this question, we shall all refer them back to page 1. Agreed?

DLB= "Dainty little Bugger". Rhys Ifans a few weeks ago called Tubridy this. It has now stuck.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

So basically more crap again. Add in some sob story about diseases or suicide and a panel discussion on the state of the nation, padded out with dreadful music acts and that's tomorrow's Late Late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Juliette Binoche comes across as very boring/serious in her interviews so I'm not holding out much hope for that segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

The last time Parky was on he had a go at the government for taking the medical cards of the pensioners. He nearly got a standing ovation!

I dare the DLB to ask him something political this time. Parky might start a revolution that overthrows DLB's friends in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

First time I seen Parkinson was when I went through my love of everything Ali phase.
    Heres the link, my first impression was his reaction to Ali from 4.20 onwards.
    They became good friends in later years I think.

I would only LOVE to see DLB try tackling Ali once he went off on a rant like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Parky is a legend, looking forward to seeing him. Nadine Coyle is on too - an irritating OTT person imo. Also a tribute to John Giles who is 70 this weekend - guests include Nobby Stiles, Norman Hunter, Paul Reaney, Peter Lorimar and Eddie Gray, Ray Houghton, Paul McGrath, Ronnie Whelan, Eamon Dunphy, Liam Brady and Bill O'Herlihy. The fork lift will be busy at Montrose today bringing the beer in to the green room by the pallet load for Dunphy and McGrath. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Juliette Binoche comes across as very boring/serious in her interviews so I'm not holding out much hope for that segment.

Recipe for disaster so - Tubs can comfortably make a balls of interviewing potentially good guests, as he did last week, so if the guest is boring....... .........:eek:

Squiggle wrote: »
    Parky is a legend, looking forward to seeing him. Nadine Coyle is on too - an irritating OTT person imo. Also a tribute to John Giles who is 70 this weekend - guests include Nobby Stiles, Norman Hunter, Paul Reaney, Peter Lorimar and Eddie Gray, Ray Houghton, Paul McGrath, Ronnie Whelan, Eamon Dunphy, Liam Brady and Bill O'Herlihy. The fork lift will be busy at Montrose today bringing the beer in to the green room by the pallet load for Dunphy and McGrath. :pac:

Tubs should just knock off early and let Parkie, Dunphy and O'Herilihy host the show.
    Dunphy and Giles could get locked and serenade the lovely Julia.
    Great potential for a show if DLB would PFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

looks good tonight, but wasnt parky on not long ago?? juliette binoche is one hot woman, defo tune into seeing her..........:o

• Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rebel10 wrote: »
    Aw i love Parkie. Will be akward for DLB interviewing him when he knows exactly what Parkie will be thinking.
    Binoche will be good also. But will she have enough of an Irish connection for his liking?

My dream guest for this week would have been good old Neil Prendeville:p

I wonder how Ryan would handle Neil :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

AOwannabe wrote: »

Most of the viewers won't have a clue who she is anyway.

Most of the viewers won't have a clue who she is anyway.

i will, she is yum IMO
    most people know her, she is a pretty high profile actress after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

'Rumer' is singing on the show tonight. She's from the U.K. and is a cross between Karen Carpenter and Dusty Springfield. Very easy on the ears! :o

'Rumer' is singing on the show tonight. She's from the U.K. and is a cross between Karen Carpenter and Dusty Springfield. Very easy on the ears! :o

i think i heard her on the radio, she sounds exactly like karen carpenter which can only be good, great voice.

Shane10 wrote: »
    i will, she is yum IMO
    most people know her, she is a pretty high profile actress after all

I doubt if most people will know her, the vast majority of the films she stars in are in a foreign language after all.

For the record I think she's fantastic.

I doubt if most people will know her, the vast majority of the films she stars in are in a foreign language after all.

For the record I think she's fantastic.

me also, seen a good few of her french films aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I hope they have subtitles for Nadine Coyle..

I hope they have subtitles for Nadine Coyle..

:)

Who is Nadine Coyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Paul McGrath + The LLS Green Room = Trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

The John Giles tribute is gonna be fcuking carcrash tv, what with DLB's ''encyclopedic'' knowledge of sport........let's hope Eamo goes off on one......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    let's hope Eamo goes off on one......

I'd say they've got Eamo to sign something to say that he wont... lest he offend Ryan "Goebbels" Tubridy and those ógra Fianna Fáil sheep they have in the audience..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Im a big Leeds fan, actually will willingly watch the late late tonight.

Gile, Gray, Hunter, Lorimer, Reaney, what a bunch of legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Nadine Coyles accent goes through my brain :(

her new single is set to flop in the UK and will be lucky to make it into the top 20 where as Cheryl Coles single is set to go to number one.

I wonder will DLB ask her about her rift with the rest of girls aloud she keeps denying there is one, one presenter in the UK came straight to the point last week and asked her which one of her band mates she hated the most it was classic tv:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

casio4 wrote: »

I wonder will DLT ask her about her rift with the rest of girls aloud

Dave Lee Travis?

1fm_dlt2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

:rolleyes:
    mikom wrote: »
    Dave Lee Travis?

1fm_dlt2.jpg

Advertisement