Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show : 5th November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

that's class Johnny "can you start that again" and the man did well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That last section of the show displayed how far out of his depth Tubridy is .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

nice. he's blessed, the tubs, that he had johnny etc on a t the end

(Browne did himself no favours mind0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭rodberg007

Later with Jools is just about to start over on BBC2 - untll same time next week!

Be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Great stuff, a nice tribute to a very nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

You know, a lot of people could learn a thing or two from John Giles.

The level of respect shown in this thread towards his wife and son could do with adjusting. Do ye think he'd ever comment like that about anyone else's family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

So who's heading out to the nightclub lads, will I get the 12 seater or the 15 seater.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Have to say,im proud to be Irish after watching this,feck the recession,feck the weather,feck the doom an gloom,if Johnny Giles didn't make you laugh and smile then there is something wrong with you.Happy birthday Johnny,and please god you will see many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

The level of respect shown in this thread towards his wife and son could do with adjusting. Do ye think he'd ever comment like that about anyone else's family?

What constitutes "a lot of people"?

Should you not have said "some people"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

They could have started the Johnny Giles tribute at 9.30 and scrapped everything else.

Loved it, even Tubridy talking about the Munich disaster didn't derail it.

Think I'll tip in to the book signing tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭rodberg007

Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jesus christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Everything about John Giles is sheer class. I love the way there's no bullsh!t with him.

There he is drinking his Bacardi & coke live on tv, but he's able to handle himself. Talks sense, the proceeds of his book going to charity, legends of the game honouring him and he sings a tune at the end.

A great ambassador for Ireland. Love the bloke. Love the RTE panel!! Legends!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Loved it, even Tubridy talking about the Munich disaster didn't derail it.

Or bringing up the row between Gilesy and Dunphy... I mean I wish he asked those awkward questions when his FF brethren are on...

... I mean I wish he asked those awkward questions when his FF brethren are on...

We live in hope Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

I thought Tubridy did ok with the Giles tribute, even though he dosent know the first thing about football..his previous interview the French bird was horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Big time. Was hoping a mod would remove that ****e.
    If they haven't already, they should do so retrospectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Jesus christ...

I must've been in the toilet when he was on. Was he any good? Did Tubs give him a crucifying interview? Was he asked to turn more of the water into wine for the guests?

yeah, he hasnt a clue, tubs - or his producers dont. that last bit would have been a lot longer with Gaybo and made a celebration with a lot more stories etc. it was too rushed in that a lot more could have been gotten from it.

Still, better than nothing...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

monkey9 wrote: »
    Everything about John Giles is sheer class. I love the way there's no bullsh!t with him.

There he is drinking his Bacardi & coke live on tv, but he's able to handle himself. Talks sense, the proceeds of his book going to charity, legends of the game honouring him and he sings a tune at the end.

A great ambassador for Ireland. Love the bloke. Love the RTE panel!! Legends!!

cant wait for Jamie redknapps turn

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    I thought Tubridy did ok with the Giles tribute, even though he dosent know the first thing about football..his previous interview the French bird was horrendous

well a barrel of fish, a blunderbuss and a trigger finger. -even the tubs couldnt get that wrong. (more or less)

Koloman wrote: »
    I must've been in the toilet when he was on. Was he any good? Did Tubs give him a crucifying interview? Was he asked to turn more of the water into wine for the guests?

Yeah Tubs asked him where was he when JFK was assassinated and does the Virgin Mary have any Irish connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

if the country was lead by a man like Giles it would be one hell of a better place than it is now, a man with balls, honesty & class.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Yeah Tubs asked him where was he when JFK was assassinated and does the Virgin Mary have any Irish connections?

She must have with a name like Mary.smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

ascanbe wrote: »
    Damn, Jean Byrne is looking hot; that cardigan kinda makes it look like she's wearing a back-pack at times, though.

I'd say she would leave you begging for mercy..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    I'd say she would leave you begging for mercy..;)

Yeah. Bit of a dominatrix look to her, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

OPENROAD wrote: »
    +1

You know he lives in England, I love the way he is always respectful to the English team when they play, that shows real class imo.

I always make sure that I'm free on Thursday evening to listen to him on Newstalk for his football preview. Really is great listening to his take not just on games but on off the field matters.

Yeah, he's been living in Birmingham for years i think!! You know that when he talks about England, there's no anti Englishness with him. If they're good, he'll say it. But he won't fall for all the hype about them either. He'll call them out for what they are as well. His analysis after the USA match (i think) in the World Cup as to why Gerrard and Lampard can't play together was spot on. He also picked on the differences between England and say Spain. The English midfielders don't demand the ball so it's hoofed towards Heskey whereas the likes of Spain pass to the nearest player.

That stuff may be basic, but it's amazing the way the English media don't pick up on it.

Giles isn't the best in terms of researching players and teams, but in terms of what he's just seen, there is not many better in analysing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Johnny Giles for President.

Ryan Tubridy, seriously GTFO. Tries to kill the feel good aspect with that comment about Dunphy and Giles falling out. Muppett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

How long is DLB going to continue taking a wage for a job he cant do is the question?

Advertisement