Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show : 5th November 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

the more i think of it the more i know what tub's problem is.
    he's not human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Yeah Tubs asked him where was he when JFK was assassinated and does the Virgin Mary have any Irish connections?

If only the "magic bullet" had travelled across the Atlantic and hit oul Grandpa Tubridy, it could have saved us all... The Warren Commission could have worked a trip across the Atlantic in quite easily given the morphing of the law of physics that were already endemic of their report..

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Johnny Giles for President.

Ryan Tubridy, seriously GTFO. Tries to kill the feel good aspect with that comment about Dunphy and Giles falling out. Muppett.

I noticed Dunphy's eyes narrowed when DLB brought that up..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

ArtSmart wrote: »
    he's not human.

Like in the sci-fi series V? Is he some sort of reptillian? You might be onto something!biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Johnny Giles for President.

Ryan Tubridy, seriously GTFO. Tries to kill the feel good aspect with that comment about Dunphy and Giles falling out. Muppett.

To be slightly fair to Tubridy, though it goes against my instinct, i think he meant to bring that up as a humorous matter; he knows nothing about sport but he'd know that they had had a falling-out and are now best of friends again.
    Not very good timing, though, i'll grant you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

laugh wrote: »
    How long is DLB going to continue taking a wage for a job he cant do is the question?

It must just be the Fianna Fail blood running through him. He's probably backstage now offering everybody free cheese.

There's cheese for everybody in the audience!!

There is an obvious disdain for Tubridy on these threads and its not suprising. Its like the Irish politicians , we all think they are a bunch of obnocious jumped up muppets but we just put up with them. I used to like Tubridy on the saturday nite show and his earlier radio shows, but now that he's reached the top he seems bored and his performances are deteriorating every week.. cant see him sticking it out long term

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    cant see him sticking it out long term

But what's gonna change though.. He's certainly not gonna give it up at this early stage, and RTE wont fire him from it?

If RTE would stop looking at him as being above criticism, and give him advice on what he's doing wrong.. Then maybe they could help him.. Like I said before, he should be brought in after every show, similar to what Eddie O'Sullivan used to do with the rugby team, and they should go through his interviews acknowledging which bits did not work... granted the first critique session probably would be the same length as the show itself.... but at least it would give him the chance to improve..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's probably backstage now offering everybody free cheese.
    There's cheese for everybody in the audience!!
    Haha, brilliant. :D

There is an obvious disdain for Tubridy on these threads and its not suprising. Its like the Irish politicians , we all think they are a bunch of obnocious jumped up muppets but we just put up with them. I used to like Tubridy on the saturday nite show and his earlier radio shows, but now that he's reached the top he seems bored and his performances are deteriorating every week.. cant see him sticking it out long term

The government and most politicians in this country are rightly despised; my dislike of Tubridy mainly stems from the fact that he's a deeply biased supporter of one of the government parties.
    As a presenter on the national broadcaster, funded by the tax-payer, he should be professional enough to at least try and remain neutral.
    Then there's his preposterous salary; though he's not the only one grossly over-paid by RTE.
    As a broadcaster, i think he has some genuine talent and strengths; though i think he's frequently under-mined by his ego, touchiness and lack of research.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Common as...

roy keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭AOwannabe

Monster thread tonight, 730 posts and over 21,000 views

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've not really watched the Late Late in a long long time, by my God that interview could've been so much more it's frightening.

all the research guy did there was google 'Parky guests', and give the sheet to Ryan.

and Ryan couldn't even continue conversations or pick up on points and go with things.

so poor.

In all fairness, what else is Tubridy going to interview Parkinson about if not his guests?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

AOwannabe wrote: »
    Monster thread tonight, 730 posts and over 21,000 views
    Is there a way of getting thread statistics, like how many of those posts were saying Ryan Tubridy is just awful? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

How long is DLB going to continue taking a wage for a job he cant do is the question?

DLB? Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

dixiefly wrote: »
    DLB? Who?

Banned!

Dainty Little Bugger aka Ryan Tubridy.

DLB? Who?

Dainty little bugger

or

dumb lanky bugger

dopey lanky bugger

etc etc (bugger being a cornerstone)

Banned!

Dainty Little Bugger aka Ryan Tubridy.

Aaah! That's what it stands for; was wondering the same myself.
    Sums him up pretty well, actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

DLB? Who?

You've got to take the initialism on its merits.

But what's gonna change though.. He's certainly not gonna give it up at this early stage, and RTE wont fire him from it?

If RTE would stop looking at him as being above criticism, and give him advice on what he's doing wrong.. Then maybe they could help him.. Like I said before, he should be brought in after every show, similar to what Eddie O'Sullivan used to do with the rugby team, and they should go through his interviews acknowledging which bits did not work... granted the first critique session probably would be the same length as the show itself.... but at least it would give him the chance to improve..

what he needs is a personality replacement operation* - which is both expensive and ...impossible.

naw, a bullet to the head, i reckon's the kindest solution

*aka a de-dorkification'

• Advertisement

His peformances on this season's Late Late has been nothing short of shocking..cant think of one decent or half memorable interview he's done. Its just like he's depressed or dosen't want to be there. He makes no effort whatsoever to show any interest in his guests, the audience or to create any kind of banter or to put any kind of his own stamp on the show. its just like he's going through the motions. I'd be amazed if RTE would let this go on..

ascanbe wrote: »
    my dislike of Tubridy mainly stems from the fact that he's a deeply biased supporter of one of the government parties.
    As a presenter on the national broadcaster,
    funded by the tax-payer, he should be professional enough to at least try and remain neutral.
    Then there's his preposterous salary; though he's not the only one grossly over-paid by RTE.
    As a broadcaster, i think he has some genuine talent and strengths; though i think he's frequently under-mined by his ego, touchiness and lack of research.

i couldnt care less if he supported the monster raving loon party (sadly defunct now...) - though i agree on the not showing it thing.

but the problem is that well, he's, you know... not human.

21,000 views - that couldn't be right.

why arent more people posting if theres that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

His peformances on this season's Late Late has been nothing short of shocking..cant think of one decent or half memorable interview he's done. Its just like he's depressed or dosen't want to be there. He makes no effort whatsoever to show any interest in his guests, the audience or to create any kind of banter or to put any kind of his own stamp on the show. its just like he's going through the motions. I'd be amazed if RTE would let this go on..

TBH I dont think he is any better on 2FM.

naw, a bullet to the head, i reckon's the kindest solution

tubridyassassination.jpg ?

i couldnt care less if he supported the monster raving loon party (sadly defunct now...) - though i agree on the not showing it thing.

but the problem is that well, he's, you know... not human.

I don't care what his political beliefs are, either; what bothers me is that he gives his affiliation to a certain party primacy and is, as such, not fit to broadcast on behalf of the national broadcaster.
    Tax-payers fund his ludicrously inflated wages; the least that should be expected from a professional in his situation is to remain neutral and represent ALL the tax-payers who pay his wages.

TBH I dont think he is any better on 2FM.

The first interview he did on the show with Brian Cowen was brilliant..but its just been all downhill since then..He's obviously now just got into a comfort zone where he dosen't have to make the effort..I'm no big fan of Pat Kenny but he's a professional left no stone unturned..bring him back

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

21,000 views - that couldn't be right.

why arent more people posting if theres that much?

Loads of lurking guests.

THATS RIGHT!WE SEE YOU!!

Loads of lurking guests.

THATS RIGHT!WE SEE YOU!!

that's some viewer-ship for a discussion thread.

Hi everybody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I missed Parkinson, so I'll have to play catch up on the RTE player.

But John Giles came across as he usually does, a gentleman. I don't know about the singing though - although, you could tell he was no stranger to it.

Advertisement