Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show : 5th November 2010

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

ArtSmart wrote: »
    that's some viewer-ship for a discussion thread.

Hi everybody!

Wer ye all getting these figures from? I know we are in a recession but there arent seriously 21000 people on their laptops on a friday night watching the late late through boards.ie. Are we gone that sad as a nation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

nummnutts wrote: »
    I missed Parkinson, so I'll have to play catch up on the RTE player.

But John Giles came across as he usually does, a gentleman. I don't know about the singing though - although, you could tell he was no stranger to it.

it was nice though - humanised a non-human environment! :D

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    The first interview he did on the show with Brian Cowen was brilliant..but its just been all downhill since then..He's obviously now just got into a comfort zone where he dosen't have to make the effort..I'm no big fan of Pat Kenny but he's a professional left no stone unturned..bring him back

easy there Ted...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wer ye all getting these figures from? I know we are in a recession but there arent seriously 21000 people on their laptops on a friday night watching the late late through boards.ie. Are we gone that sad as a nation?

Its views not viewers so it counts everytime somebody goes into this thread. :)

easy there Ted...

:D

Fukit! John kenny den :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

The first interview he did on the show with Brian Cowen was brilliant..but its just been all downhill since then..He's obviously now just got into a comfort zone where he dosen't have to make the effort..I'm no big fan of Pat Kenny but he's a professional left no stone unturned..bring him back

Ok you're over stimulated. Lets get some beer into you and then its straight to bed.

It wasnt really.It was well planed to give the impression of being tough.He asked a hard question but never followed anything up.Just allowed Cowen waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

There was nothing 'brilliant' about that interview; it was just a 'slightly tough on Brian Cowen', though supportive of FF, puff-piece, that was entirely in keeping with the narrative being pushed by Independent Newspapers and many in FF at that time.
    His 'interview' of Enda Kenny not long afterwards, though, was a disgrace; a hit-job on behalf of his political masters.

Fukit! John kenny den :)

you mean John Kelly?

that i would agree wtih to an extent, but not 100%

ascanbe wrote: »
    There was nothing 'brilliant' about that interview; it was just a 'slightly tough on Brian Cowen', though supportive of FF, puff-piece, that was entirely in keeping with the narrative being pushed by Independent Newspapers and many in FF at that time.
    His 'interview' of Enda Kenny not long afterwards, though, was a disgrace; a hit-job on behalf of his political masters.

Is there a thread about that interview anywhere?Sounds like a fun read :)

• Advertisement

It wasnt really.It was well planed to give the impression of being tough.He asked a hard question but never followed anything up.Just allowed Cowen waffle

I guess your're right. I watched that interview back on youtube recently, and waffle Cowen did..he was talking about the tough budget that was coming('09) and how we all had to take a little medicine and things would be ok then,,bloody liar, whats changed. His fingerprints are all over this recession, he needs not only to be kicked out of politics but kicked out of the country or thrown in jail. Fukin bufoon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Is there a thread about that interview anywhere?Sounds likie a fun read :)

No idea. I'm sure there is; though i wasn't part of it.
    Only saw the interview a while after; was astonished by such a display of bias on the so-called 'national' broadcaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I take exception to somebody posting a link to a thread on which I was thanked so much.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

I'd a tear in my eye when John sang his song. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

it was nice though - humanised a non-human environment! :D

The Late Late Show gets a lot of stick, but with regards to tonight's show (and Johnny Giles), - as mentioned earlier in the thread - I don't see anything wrong with appreciating a person's life/achievements while they are still around.

nummnutts wrote: »
    The Late Late Show gets a lot of stick, but with regards to tonight's show (and Johnny Giles), - as mentioned earlier in the thread - I don't see anything wrong with appreciating a person's life/achievements while they are still around.

em, likewise. or do you think i was saying something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Having caught up with TLLS on real player I thought the interview with Parkinson was good .
    I like that singer ' Rumer '.
    I really like ,thought Nadine Coyle gave a decent live performance with that song ( it's grown on me )
    The trad band from up north were really entertaining .

The John Giles tribute /chat was entertaining with a good selection of his team mates in attendence and one of the better LL shows in a while

John Giles wasn't joking about being a messer either to and apparently the story goes that back in the 70s while on a trip with the Irish soccer team to Buglaria , John got hold of one of the players passports ( think it might have being Mick Martin or Eoin Hands ) and threw it away , either before or after they had boarded a plane . :D

look foreward to reading his book to

oh btw people, for anybody who enjoyed the bit with Gilesy... Dunphy and Giles were on Miriam Meets (Radio One) this morning.. It was a bit more relaxed and there was a bit more depth to it... It was very good... should be on the podcast shortly..

hmmm wrote: »
    Nice to see Platini using video technology.

Just watching the show back.. I wish you had been in the audience with that joke.. It would have brought the house down..

• Advertisement
Advertisement