Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HISTORY!!

• 04-11-2010 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey ,

I'd like to know if Early modern history is a subject for the Leaving cert And if it is who sells the Books? Cuz i went into loads of book shops and can't find them anywhere !!
    Let me know asap cuz i really need to know !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

Yes it is. It covers the period 1492 - 1815. Very few do it. For example in honours history in 2006, 6,961 students did the higher later modern paper. 36 did the higher early modern paper. So 99.5% take the later option.

If you want to do the early option the best bet is to look at the syllabus >>> http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/lc_history_sy.pdf?language=EN and buy appropriate books from www.amazon.co.uk or some other bookseller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 princessima

Ahh thanks,

Thing is I can't find anyone/anywhere that sell the books for it, did they make books for it?

I tried the link you posted, same result. =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

I don't think there would be books specifically for the leaving cert Early Modern as is the case for Later Modern. It wouldn't be worth the publishers while printing them. All you could do is pick the topics you want to focus on and get general books on that period. It's not ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

There's no books for EM History atm unforunately. A good few of my friends do it (we're the only school in Leinster that offers it) and they have huuuuuuuge folders full of pages. Fair play to the teacher cause I'd say it takes him a lot of time. Supposedly he's in the process of writing a book but I'm not too sure!

Advertisement