Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam edge

• 04-11-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

heard of this thing called exam edge that has the past papers and solutions to them for chemistry . heard that they are very good ? any opinions ? and what other sunbjects are they done for . cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

They just have them for Physics and Chemistry. I have the Physics one. It is very good and concise. I'd definitely recommend getting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

Yea, I have the Chemistry and Physics ones
    They are pretty good for revision on a particular section!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LaDeeDaa

Amazing book! Brill for studying from.. a must if doing chemistry for LC. Dont do Physics but if the Exam Edge for it is anything like the chemistry one, get it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

the chemistry one is amazing, i only got it 2 months before my leaving cert, but it got me an a1 :) i didn't find the physics one great though, i looked at a friends copy and didn't like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I would highly recommend them. The chemistry goes through how to answer every question that's come up since 2002 and gives advice for each chapter. It really highlights how you careful you have to be, but yeah i'd definitely get it.

Physics one isn't as good, it goes through example questions which may have been OL or HL questions but doesn't go through every question like chemistry does. It also changes all of the figures in exam questions for some reason which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Physics one isn't as good, it goes through example questions which may have been OL or HL questions but doesn't go through every question like chemistry does. It also changes all of the figures in exam questions for some reason which is annoying.

It says in the book somewhere that it's to get more practice. If the answers to all the papers are in a book, with the same figure, it defeats the purpose of doing papers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Ciaramb92 wrote: »
    It says in the book somewhere that it's to get more practice. If the answers to all the papers are in a book, with the same figure, it defeats the purpose of doing papers!

Not really if you're using it to check answers... Unfortunately we don't have access to computers in evening study. :(

Advertisement