Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant question

Options
  • 04-11-2010 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has received their grant from Wicklow Co Co yet. I'm in first year and am completely financially screwed waiting for my grant to come through. The bank won't give me any more money, my family aren't in a position to help and I was hoping someone might be able to give me some hope that Wicklow are actually working through their back log.

If anyone has any advice, ideas or anything that might point me in the right direction for additional funding I'd be very happy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Cheques are in accrding to the site
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/maintenance_cheques.htm

I'll have to go get mine tomorrow

Have you been approved and brought your letter to the student desk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

I'm still waiting for it to be approved. Getting so as I'm considering dropping out. I can't afford to keep going like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The SU offers a number of financial aid options, the first 3 on this page may be of some use to you:
    http://ucdsu.ie/site/view/51/

Even if you don't think you're eligible for either of those, drop in and have a word with the Welfare Officer. It's my experience that Welfare and Education Officers are usually worth the oxygen they take up, although I can think of a few counter examples in the past few years.

I hope you get it sorted soon, and manage to keep things together.

Advertisement