Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lech Poznan v Manchester City

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Mancini last's til Christmas i'd be stunned.

How many times have City put in a really strong performance this season?

Could count on 1 hand I would guess.

And his tactics are god awful. He's got great attacking talent which he neutures with negative tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Credit to Lech for a super performance, bar a little blip.

City were a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I don't know if Danny Mills has anymore inside information than any of the rest of us but he said before the match that Manicini has no relationship with any of his players, he doesn't even know what kind of personalities his players have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Viera plays 90mins!
    confused%20otter.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Mancini has to shoulder the blame for the pressure he finds himself under. Playing an ultra conservative defensive style with the attacking talent City has is crazy.

There are also question marks about his team selections, his training regimes, his player management. Why does he play his wingers on the wrong sides? play a big man like Ade who is great with his head then play no crosses in to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

karma_ wrote: »
    Mancini has to shoulder the blame for the pressure he finds himself under. Playing an ultra conservative defensive style with the attacking talent City has is crazy.

There are also question marks about his team selections, his training regimes, his player management. Why does he play his wingers on the wrong sides? play a big man like Ade who is great with his head then play no crosses in to him?

mancini makes maradonna look good :rolleyes:

Adebayor while great when really attacking the ball in the air is absolutely hopless at winning a 50/50 ball between him and the defender in the air! For a big man iv never seen a player so bad to judge the ball coming to his head from deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Was that lechs home ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Zajabiscie!
    CiaranC wrote: »
    Was that lechs home ground?

'twas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

How did Given perform? Rusty, or still decent enough to get a transfer in January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Lech were a hell of a lot better than I thought they would be.

And city were terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Same old Shay, tbh. Not saying that like its a bad thing, flat footed for Lech's second.. but helpless for their third.

Did Given make a save? Struggling to remember one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Xavi6 wrote: »

Can't recall a specific save either to be fair. I felt he was out of position for the first goal also but I honestly don;t think there was much he could have done about the other two. I guess that's to be expected though with the amount of game time he has got so far this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Disappointing really considering he's waited so long for his chance to get back in.

Was hoping he'd have an outstanding game but alas, no :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Shocking result to be fair, anytime iv seen city lately there looking less and less like a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

nuxxx wrote: »
    Shocking result to be fair, anytime iv seen city lately there looking less and less like a team

They rely too much on Tevez. When he's back they'll be a much different side.

However I do think that Mancini's ultra defensive style will never win a Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

More of a one man team than United ever were tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mancini out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

SlickRic wrote: »
    i've said it before, and to be fair there are plenty of City fans who have been saying it longer than me...

Mancini is not the man for the job.

far far too cautious, far far too often.

Rubbish, it's down to who they have bought, mainly Hughes tbf but they just think they can buy a winning team.

• Advertisement

De Jong being missed just as much if not more than Tevez, Give me De Jongs work rate, stamina and tenacity in the middle instead of that geriatric fúck Viera and its a different story, attack isnt our problem its defense, as defense is something that needs structure and a unity to solidify it, in otherwords it needs to be a team effort and that aint us!

De Jong's ability to stop a team from attacking through the middle is what we missed most, (see goal 1 and 3... plus numerous other chances) De Jong in the middle means our defense is met with far more crosses and as the opposition is forced to go wide we can usually deal with this, cos handicapped and all as Lescott and Co are they're tall and can usually jump when jump is needed!

That being said there is no excuse, with the squad we have, 2 holes should at least be adequately filled but im afriad Veira and Adebayor just don't cut it. No one can argue with Viera's past, but past is the word and it ends there! I am sick of seeing Adebayor tbh.. throws on a front of "caring" for the club when really it's just "i wanna score so everyone thinks im great, why arent you helping me to score" frustration rather than the "in the name of the team" kind! Milner is a passenger in his current position, which he is being played in merely to jusitfy signing him. Mancini cares nothing for AJ by bottling the decision and starting Balotelli instead of him against Wolves. Our Def bar Kompany is attrocious so far, he needs to settle on a back 4 and work on it! I do think we have good defenders but they're not playing as a group yet and thats the problem.

Hmmm this appears to have turned into quite the rant, i guess to sum it all up my pre season fears have been met and we're shíte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The squad is huge but filled with dross. The likes of Lescott, Toure, SWP, Richards, Viera, Jo, Bridge, Barry are poor players to name a few. There is huge over reliance on Tevez and NDJ. And the manager's team selections at times are baffling - leaving Johnsen on the bench half the time, playing three DM's on a regular basis, playing Barry full stop, playing Milner out wide.

Sorry Johnny but that's bollox about Ade. He was our best player again last night and has scored 5 goals in his last 4 games. Given a consistent run in the team he would easily hit 20 for the season.

There's an awful amount of contempt towards when the fact is that when he starts he scores. Can't ask for more from your strikers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Richards, Bridge, Boyata, Lescott, Zabaleta, Vieira, Kolarov and Kompany all played last night. Our last 2 substitutions, when it was still 1-1, were to bring on Kolarov and Kompany.

All defensivly minded players.

Milner, A Johnson, Wright-Phillips, Silva and Adebayor were the attacking options we had. MarioB and Jo on the bench at 1-1 and the boss decides to replace Bridge and Milner with defensive players.

I'm not going to say anymore. Ade may be class, Silva and AJ are fantastic attackers, but you cant do much when the way to get ahead on the squad is to be an average defender.

Sorry Johnny but that's bollox about Ade. He was our best player again last night and has scored 5 goals in his last 4 games. Given a consistent run in the team he would easily hit 20 for the season.

There's an awful amount of contempt towards when the fact is that when he starts he scores. Can't ask for more from your strikers.

He scores cause he has AJ Silva Milner there to provide assists... They're half the reason Tevez scores so many... Im not sayin he's a bad player, on his day he's as difficult as anyone, I just don't think we see those days enough. He might score 20 in all comps but the league is where we need it and 1 in 6 in the league(the 1 being a peno) aint daycent! 4 goals against Lech.... not for me! Seeing as he's gonna get a run in the team ill reserve judgment as i didn't see much of the Wolves game! A good striker, but anything more? No IMO!

EDIT: Ah i see you said when he starts he scores, fair enough he didnt start alot of those games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can't recall a specific save either to be fair. I felt he was out of position for the first goal also but I honestly don;t think there was much he could have done about the other two. I guess that's to be expected though with the amount of game time he has got so far this season.

He was also very complacent about a shot that almost shaved his post. A few inches to the right and he would have been embarrassed.

Töpher wrote: »
    :eek: The Lech Poznan manager is the spit of Dylan Moran.

He was a very classy player from that fantastic Barca team from the early 90s. Very surprised to see him managing in Poland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

viera and swp were awful, viera is past it no legs anymore should not be in the squad. viera made two mistakes loosing the ball too easily leading to goals. zabeletta is a defender. Johnson must play more games and de jong is badly missed. city have a lot of problems richards at right back?? very poor very volatile, a creative midfielder is and another good centre back are badly needed

i think mancini needs to get 4 points from the next two pl games or he's in the brown stuff. although he should be given time.

he did make a save in the second half.....nobody would have saved goals 2 or 3 having said that i have my doubts about him this year.

greendom wrote: »
    He was also very complacent about a shot that almost shaved his post. A few inches to the right and he would have been embarrassed.

thats true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I doubt even if Given played really well it would have made much of a difference. Hart is first choice, that's that.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I doubt even if Given played really well it would have made much of a difference. Hart is first choice, that's that.

hart is doing better thats why he is in the team....given looks lacking in confidence looks a bit shaky even in the ireland games he looked a bit shaky

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hart is doing better thats why he is in the team....given looks lacking in confidence looks a bit shaky even in the ireland games he looked a bit shaky

If the above is true and more than just an opinion I'd assume its mostly down to a lack of game time and therfore proper match sharpness (if that even a term) though. Is there anyone being linked to a move for him in January.

As a matter of interest if you were to equate Lech Pznan to a team most people would know (i guess an english side) in terms of quality who would you compare them to?

trying to put this result into some sort of proper perspective having not seen the game and tbh like most not watched them in the polish league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

greendom wrote: »

What a load of bullsh1t. He had his angles covered perfectly.

SantryRed wrote: »
    What a load of bullsh1t. He had his angles covered perfectly.
    :D OK Shay, I believe you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lech Poznan fans for an Under 11 tournament! Unreal.

Advertisement