Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First baby nerves (I cursed in this, sorry)

• 04-11-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

We are expecting our first in three weeks. Is it normal for my whole mind to be going "oh ****", "oh ****", "oh ****", "oh ****"?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

We are expecting our first in three weeks. Is it normal for my whole mind to be going "oh ****", "oh ****", "oh ****", "oh ****"?:eek:

:D:D yes totally normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You'll be doing it for the rest of your life, just fyi ;)

Perfectly normal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

yup!

I have another 11 weeks to go and my brain has gone to mush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Three weeks left? Get as much sleep as you can OP. Cancel any engagements you don't really want to attend, spend as much quality time alone with your partner as you can, go to a movie, go out for something to eat, go for a walk in the woods/on the beach, enjoy the silence.

It will be a looong time before you can do those things again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

It is normal to be scared - I was worried how I would deal with the dirty nappies, seeing your child upset is far worse so you just deal with the dirty nappies. Your life will change but for the better - we love our son and are having amazing fun being his parent. Parenthood is wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You'll be great OP. It's normal to feel like that but you'll soon realise that they're hardy little things. You're allowed to make mistakes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Thanks everyone. I feel a bit better now. Still bricking it but I'm sure we'll be grand. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Ah you'll be grand alright. Was very nervous myself the first time around. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

You'll be fine! Instict will take over once the baby is born and believe me, you won't have time to be thinking "oh ****"

You're gonna have lots of fun!

Good luck and enjoy the peace while you can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

sleep as much as you can - the first couple of months are hectic. of course you are nervous, you are taking on a new and very important job. ye will be sound, just make sure ye have plenty of help and support..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MisterMom

It's perfectly normal to freak out b4 the first one arrives. I think everyone does, I know I did anyway!!
    This is one of the biggest things that will happen in your life, but don't worry, instinct always takes over and once the little one arrives you'll be wondering what u were worried about.
    Your life is gonna change so much but it'll be for the better!!!

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

Totally normal OP, I remember having several near panic attacks in the run up to the our sons birth.

Rest assured you'll be fantastic parents... Oh and as has been mentioned - sleep as much as you can now & get some meals cooked & pop them in the freezer for the first week or so.

Very best of luck to you all

Advertisement