Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparative politics help!

Options
  • 04-11-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I have an essay due soon on the French parliament and the US congress and which is the most powerful. All the material I have found and read so far has made it difficult to come down on one side, the countries seem to have more similarities then differences :confused: this has left me confused as how to approach the essay..

Does anyone have any helpful thoughts? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

There is an article by Daniel J. Elazar called 'Contrasting Unitary and Federal Systems'
    It might be of some help. It is in week 3 readings.

The French Parliament would be more powerful as it is a unitary state..America is federal so although congress is the most powerful arm each state does have some independent authority.

You might want to check this though! I didn't do that essay - the above is just what I think is the case. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Thanks you have been a great help!

I couldnt find that reading in the week3 folder though.. you sure thats where it is located? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

the article is on jstor in International Political Science Review / Revue internationale de science politique
    Vol. 18, No. 3, Contrasting Political Institutions. Institutions politiques contrastées (Jul., 1997) if you need it!

Advertisement