Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Word logo edit

• 04-11-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit a logo in Word? I was asked to do up flyers by someone in the ica. they want to use the logo on this site: http://www.ica.ie/ i.e. the ica 100 years on the top left. they want to edit that to 40 for a local branch.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Probably be a lot easier to use ms paint or Microsoft Picture editor, I check work there and doesn't seem to have the edit option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

christy c wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it is possible to edit a logo in Word?
    really, no. but you can change what you see and what you don't see :)

You really need a paint/graphics editor to edit images. Paint.NET is an excellent free tool. There's tons of free online photo editors too. If you were to just use Word, the trick would be to hide the 100 using a solid white box. Then overlay your text on top of that. It's basically just as good and will be a lot quicker!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Word is a word processor, a poor one at that, and is not an image editor and you really shouldn't use it as one. It has some basic vector drawing features that are beyond useful.

464532.jpg

I've attached a quick edit from Photoshop although any of the free editors above will get you exactly the same result.

Advertisement