Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible wrong initial reading

Options
  • 04-11-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Hi there- just got a rather expensive bill in the door, the first for this address, it's estimated, but is accurate enough to the current meter reading. However, I'm concerned that the initial meter figure could be wrong- it's not marked as C or E or A, even though I submitted a customer reading on moving in, and the other meters in the property(was previously sublet as 3 different places) for which I did the same are marked as a C reading. Is it normal for the bill not to include a C, E or A, or was this a billing error? Or am I just using more electricity than I think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Oops- having had a thorough check of the meters and bills, I see that I initially gave a figure that included the "red box" decimal figure. Having caclulated the units actually spent myself now, I see that the bill is much more reasonable. I'll call up tomorrow to submit the readings and have the initial figure changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Jehuty42,
    I'll call up tomorrow to submit the readings and have the initial figure changed.

If you like, just PM me your account details and I'll change it for you.
    Is it normal for the bill not to include a C, E or A, or was this a billing error?

We don't have an A actually; for readings taken by ESB Networks (i.e. the meter reader), there wouldn't be any additional letter before or after the reading as it appears on the bill.
    Having calculated the units actually spent myself now, I see that the bill is much more reasonable.

Good to hear. :)

The following online app is also very useful for calculating/estimating bills.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement