Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lumpy 200, 13/11/2010

• 04-11-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Hot on the heels of the last audax of last season, the first audax of this season:
    Sorry about short notice
    I intend to run this event on 13th as per calander
    Starting at Centra Upper Dargle Road , Bray 8am
    It will be a basic event
    Entries accepted up to 12th Nov as its such short notice posting
    E-mail cloughcorrone@aol.com if you intend to ride
    Bray ,Enniskerry, Tinahely , Dunlavin, Wicklow ,Bray.
    Lights are mandatory , advisable to carry some food and extra clothing
    You may be out there for 10- 12 hours
    5 euro entry fee , Cycling Ireland licence or you can purchase a one day Licence for 10 euro
    Proof of passage required at all controls , Till reciept ,ATM, Garda stamp.

Quite a tough ride, this one - kicks off with Sally Gap, Shay Elliott, Slieve Maan, then backroads to Tinahely, up the N81 to Dunlavin, over Wicklow Gap then down Devils Glen and home on the coast road.

You get all the real pain over with early though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Hope to make this. Knee id a bit iffy at the moment so will do 100km this weekend and see how that feels. If ok then definitely.

@rottenhat, Just looking at your blog now. It's a wonderful site, you have really put some work in on it. I look forward to reading it's pages fully. Thanks for your efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

Might give this a go after the flattish fun of last weekend. a few hills to make it all the more fun aswell. Is it pay on the day or can you do paypal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Any routesheet or map for this yet? Thinking of it although a bit apprehensive as the lower back was fairly stiff after my first audax and 200km last week. Would also need to be back in Dublin by 20:00 at the latest so not sure how feasible that would be given the hills

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Any routesheet or map for this yet? Thinking of it although a bit apprehensive as the lower back was fairly stiff after my first audax and 200km last week. Would also need to be back in Dublin by 20:00 at the latest so not sure how feasible that would be given the hills

Here's a link to my abbreviated routesheet from last year. Normally pay Arranmoreelw by cheque, but due to shortage of time it'll be pay on the day. This one will be self-catering !
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B62syfzRrEyoNjFiY2UyMWYtY2RjOS00NzFlLTg0NGMtNTQwMjNmYjM4ZmE1&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

LastGasp wrote: »
    Here's a link to my abbreviated routesheet from last year. Normally pay Arranmoreelw by cheque, but due to shortage of time it'll be pay on the day. This one will be self-catering !
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B62syfzRrEyoNjFiY2UyMWYtY2RjOS00NzFlLTg0NGMtNTQwMjNmYjM4ZmE1&hl=en

...and this was last year's map, (courtesy of rottenhat) but could have slight changes this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Money in the post first thing in the morning. Look forward to seeing a few of ye there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

snollup wrote: »
    @rottenhat, Just looking at your blog now. It's a wonderful site, you have really put some work in on it. I look forward to reading it's pages fully. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks, glad you like it - it kept me busy through the long winter months all right. About time I updated it with the new calendar, the awards etc.

I think I'll have to give this one a miss on Saturday - kids have 3 different social functions that require a chauffeur !
    Hoping to take a few days off and use one of them to do LastGasps unofficial Lumpy 200 on Thurs, Fri, Mon or Tues.

Alas I also had to pass on this due to work today, looks like a reasonable day, hope they all get on okay.

Did no-one turn up, or did no-one make it home ?
    Any news ?

• Advertisement

Rumour has it they are still up there against a mighty headwind, could be December before they return :P

Although if Murphys law is to be believed they may remain stationary up there for months:

MurphysLaw4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

Didn't have internet access until now. 5 turned up. Completed it in 12:51. The main group of three (I'm guessing they were all together) finished it a little over 2 hours earlier. Was tougher than the Slieve Maan 200 (same route in reverse). The wind made a difference no doubt, but at least it was a sunny day starting out. Slieve Maan itself was a killer, especially after not having climbed since the Dying Sow. The rain started at about 1pm, turning torrential at about 2. It turned suddenly chilly after Dunlavin as the wind direction changed, freezing my left hand and right foot. The Wicklow Gap climb warmed me up, though. The Devil's Glen descent was interesting in pitch darkness, but the Fenix did its job, there. I opted for the coast road on the return from Wicklow via Newcastle because I don't enjoy cycling on the N roads. All in all, it was a great day out on the bike and thanks to Aranmoreelw for organising it.

Cheers Rughdh, well done. Sorry I couldn't make it this time. I quite like the coast road along there - definitely preferable to the N11 in the dark. I did a tiny bit from Kilmacanogue to Bray the other day and the junctions are definitely a bit dodgy.

Advertisement