Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noticing mistakes VIVA

Options
  • 04-11-2010 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,
    I am facing my VIVA a couple of weeks after Christmas next year. Having started to prepare, I am noticing SO many typos and small mistakes i.e. few sp mistakes but also where I have wrong number written in text to table, I'm sure this is all fairly normal, and I have made a note of any that I see on my copy of my thesis...
    But in one of my results chapters, I have noticed some inaccuracies with my stats method. I am totally aware of them and can outline them exactly. It will mean changing tables slightly (I envisaged some corrections anyway), but the main results and findings of the chapter will not change much. Is this enough to fail somebody's VIVA?
    I'm starting to panic now!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm also due to have my viva after Christmas, probably in March actually. I seriously doubt that it would be a deal breaker, given that you know about it anyway. Either he/she will notice it, in which case you seem to be fully on top of what needs changing, or they won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Marywonders

Just letting you know VIVA is over and it was a walk in the park! Not joking, 2.5 hours, but was very very lucky! Few issues, mostly comments to help improve and not a mention of all the mistakes I'd noticed! MUCH easier than I'd thought. Delighted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Well done

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well done! I can't wait to have mine over with. How many day's worth of corrections do you have to get through?

Advertisement