Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22" LED or LCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 nvus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well if the difference is only 10 quid then it has to be LCD all the way.

A 4850 would be a little underpowered for 1920X1080 gaming (It will do fine with many games but it will struggle on the most graphically demanding titles without sacrificing some very high settings). If the budget is a little tight after a monitor purchase then it will certainly do an adequate job for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

It's got to be LED if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

4850 would be a little underpowered
    Ok what would be a good upgrade on the card side? Would something like the 5770 be sufficient
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-122-HT

or would I need to go for the ATI 6800 series?

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

sombaht wrote: »
    Ok what would be a good upgrade on the card side? Would something like the 5770 be sufficient
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-122-HT

or would I need to go for the ATI 6800 series?

Cheers,
    sombaht

I think I would go for either the GT 460 or a 6850 to be honest, while a 1Gb HD5770 would be considered the entry level card for 1080p gaming, personally I would be of the opinion that is not quite enough of an upgrade over the 4850 to really warrant a change (Although only having 512k of memory will also hurt the HD4850 at 1080p).

• Advertisement
Advertisement