Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are stolen bikes sold?

• 04-11-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I know I dont have much of a chance to get my bike back but worth a try.

My bike was stolen last week from underground carpark under apartment in locked up room. People using the room keep leaving it open so I think someone just walked in and took my tyre off and stole it. Its a black racer mens.

So annoyed, hate bloody thieves-get a job and buy your own stuff!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are there any markets I could check out, or anything I could do to try and find it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

bloke in my complex got his back from Gumtree. More accurately, the Gardaí rang him having searched for the bikes on Gumtree and nabbed the thief with two bikes based on positive ID of bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭hug0

Really? That would be great! I have been scouring the different sites for bikes for no sign. Need to get a picture of it, bought it online and have receipt of that.

But thats all I have. Need to make a statement yet to guards, kinda thought they wouldnt be able to do much! Called the guards today and they didnt sound too hopeful!

Would the management company be in anyway responsible if the gate to car park has been broken , and the bikes were meant to be a secure locked up room?

We pay them enough in management fees!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

hug0 wrote: »
    Would the management company be in anyway responsible if the gate to car park has been broken , and the bikes were meant to be a secure locked up room?

You need to check your lease, but on the face of it I think it unlikely - like any other property, it's really down to the owner to insure it - I'm sure management companies would not compensate for a car stolen from a "secure" car park. You'll struggle to pin anything on the management company if it's other tenants that are leaving the door open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

hug0 wrote: »

Are there any markets I could check out, or anything I could do to try and find it?

It helps if you tell us where in the country you are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Dunno if you're just having a pop, but consider the following:
    • The OP said "Called the guards today". Strong hint here I would think
    • Since we're on Boards.ie, there is no guarantee, but I would say it's fair to assume his country is Ireland unless otherwise specified.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"Last edited by route66; Today at 12:14. Reason: Spelling! "

Your reading comprehension isn't that hot either. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

route66 wrote: »
    • Since we're on Boards.ie, there is no guarantee, but I would say it's fair to assume his country is Ireland unless otherwise specified.

I assume he is asking what county ya clown... Where in the country, not what country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I know someone who had a similar situation,and it turned out to be someone renting in one of the apt blocks in the same complex that stole the bike and kept it in their appartment instead of the bike lock-up.Cheeky bastid!
    Keep an eye out for that.
    Any CCT cameras in the car park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Brilliant Route66! Just brilliant. You go out of your way to be sarcastic and have a go someone asking a very reasonable question and end up looking like a muppet!!! I think an apology is in order ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

TWO WARNINGS GIVEN IN THIS THREAD, THE INSULTS STOP HERE.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

OP if you make the details of your bike known here with a good description plus pictures then you'll surely have more eyes looking out for it. As already mentioned, regular checks of gumtree, done deal and buy & sell, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭enas

I want to defend route66. I read the sentence three times. The first two I actually read:
    It helps if you tell us in which country you are

But something felt wrong, and I read it a third time, correctly this time. Then I saw route66's post. So felt kind of sympathetic :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I can't find it but there was a post up before about a guy who had his bike stolen and he discovered a house on the South Circular(I think and if your in Dublin) that sold stolen bikes ran by an old lady (his wasn't there but if you can find the article, it might be helpful). He had written an article/blog about it, just can't find it, maybe someone else remembers it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

I'm feelingstressed ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What's your problem???

The OP posted

and I replied

I know my local car boot sales and other places that bikes are sold.
    I know places throughout the country and other posters will know more info then me.
    If the OP gives which county they are in we can narrow it down a bit

And now you're commenting on my username?
    Maybe learn to read first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭dited

CramCycle wrote: »
    I can't find it but there was a post up before about a guy who had his bike stolen and he discovered a house on the South Circular(I think and if your in Dublin) that sold stolen bikes ran by an old lady (his wasn't there but if you can find the article, it might be helpful). He had written an article/blog about it, just can't find it, maybe someone else remembers it.

Not sure if she's still there, but here's the link to the article anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've given two warnings to posters and I gave an infraction for ignoring my in thread warning. This is my second in thread warning.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement