Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinnerboy

Options
  • 04-11-2010 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Anybody here been to a Sinnerboy gig ?

Playing Dolan's ( Limerick ) tomorrow night ,
    worth going to ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 velouria71

hi there ,seen them a few times down in dolans and they are brilliant ,as far as i know its their last tour so make sure you catch them before they split ,,,its a must for all rory fans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I've seen them several times as well as Barry Barnes doing his solo acoustic gigs. They are well worth going to and as said above it's their last tour. Seeing them tomorrow in cruiscin lan in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

On the farewell gig scene and playing Whelans (Dublin) on Wednesday 23rd.
    Well worth catching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

They're back in cruiscin lan on the 26th for anyone in the Cork area.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

They're back in cruiscin lan on the 26th for anyone in the Cork area.

Not quite in the Cork area , but thinking of making a trip down for it,
    what kind of a venue is it ?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the thumbs up on Sinnerboy lads ,

Went down to the Cruiscin Lan for it,
    pretty much a full house of Rory fans , great atmosphere and a palpable ripple of excitement running through the crowd to welcome the opening chords to each of the favourites ( of which there were many !)
    - hadn't realised how much of a crowd-pleaser / favourite " Going to my hometown " was, it was greeted in Cork like a longlost child .

great night !!

Well done to Mr.Barnes and co. on a great night's music and entertainment.

I see Barry Barnes has formed another threepiece Sinnerboy and that they'll be in Ireland the week after next for a number of gigs,
    looking forward to it !

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭HorseSea

Sinnerboy are always worth checking out, a few videos from Whelans last week:

Bluefrog Blues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TH7GtYQdBQ

Bad Penny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYbCBwaSCfk

Shadowplay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYveXX_6U4Y

Daragh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

seen them in ballyshannon last summer, fantastic band. Barry is a fanastic front man. looking forward to seeing the new band

Daragh,
    thanks for the videos ( again ! )

Frank,
    I don't think you'll be disappointed when you get to see them,
    I went up to the Roisin Dubh in Galway last Monday ( terrible night driving up in the pouring rain ) , they were excellent - the two new lads fitted in very well , Barry admitted that they hadn't yet the vast repertoire of Rory's work that they had in the previous set-up, and appeared to be very much enjoying playing Rory's marvellous music.
    Barry appeared to be re-invigourated and rejuvenated, and to my eyes ( or maybe it was the lighting - ha ha ) looked five years younger than the night he was bidding his farewells in Cork last Winter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement