Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands You've Seen the Most

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Respect! Any Martin or Dave solo shows? Just to rub salt in the wound, like. :rolleyes:
    Oh, and like freakscenery asked, which ones stood out?

Hi, good question. If had to pick one then 93 in paris 2nites at bercy. What an atmosphere. This was before youtube and the net so i hadnt heard what setlist or what the stage was like. I remember i was about ten rows back and it was savage. I was blown away by the stage and screens. Walking in my shoes was majestic. What a song and the wonderful dragonlady walking between the stages was really cool. Although other tours have all had their moments, i dont think anything topped the devotional tour. I left out i was at the ultra album launch party where they played a few tracks from the brilliant ultra album.
    By the way bercy in paris rocks. If u can get to a concert there GO!
    O2 london in the spring for the last tour this year was the best of the 3 i went to on the sotu tour.
    Oh no, havent gone to see martin or dave solo. Pity they didnt do Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

poundhound wrote: »
    Only gonna mention acts Ive seen 3 times or more....

David Bowie (x10)

OK, I have to ask, which was your favourite and can you list them all?

I'm so jealous of you, especially given Bowie's current "absence" from music

Had a ticket to see him, him alone, at Oxegen 2004....last chance I ever got....

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Biffy Clyro - 11 times.
    Metallica -5 times (young and silly, but still fun for old times sake =) )
    Bloc Party - 4 times.
    Animal collective - 3 times.
    Panda Bear - 2 times.
    Arcade Fire- 2 times.

Probably forgetting a rake of them but I think Biffy tops it by miles!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Pearl Jam x 22
    ...and their support - Ben Harper x about 7, Futureheads x too many
    RHCP x 5
    Anathema x 4 (will be up to 6 or 7 by the end of the year hopefully!)
    Alice in Chains x 4

...can't remember many others!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

violator13 wrote: »
    Oh no, havent gone to see martin or dave solo. Pity they didnt do Dublin.

Apparently Dave was lined up to do two nights in the Olympia on the Paper Monsters tour and it just fizzled out for some reason. Pity. I saw Martin in London on the Counterfeit 2 tour, which is still one of best shows I've ever seen. I've only seen Depeche Mode four times, of which the SOTU Dublin and PTA Manchester (when they were still doing the full-length set) were the best two.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Probably a band called 'Random Access'

When i was 18 and living back in Wales i worked in a pub fro a couple of years part time, every Sunday night they had this Erasure covers band called Random Access.

Must have seen them over 100 times, still have nightmares to this fcukin day :(

scudzilla wrote: »
    When i was 18 and living back in Wales i worked in a pub fro a couple of years part time, every Sunday night they had this Erasure covers band called Random Access.(

That's amusing, cause I used to work for sword security, and only ever did two jobs...one of which was an Erasure tribute band in the Ambassador...and counting the security on duty that night we had (and I counted them) 15 audience members turn up for the performance. I had never, in my life, seen the Ambassador so empty and I doubt anyone ever will again outside of closing time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Motley, the 10 Bowie shows were as follows...
    Slane 1987
    Point 1990
    Point 1990
    Point 1995
    Olympia Theatre 1997
    Olympia Theatre 1997
    Roseland Ballroom (NY) 2002
    M.E.N Manchester 2003
    Point 2003
    Point 2003

Impossible to say which was my favourite, although seeing him in the Olympia was special.

Motley, the 10 Bowie shows were as follows...
    Slane 1987
    Point 1990
    Point 1990
    Point 1995
    Olympia Theatre 1997
    Olympia Theatre 1997
    Roseland Ballroom (NY) 2002
    M.E.N Manchester 2003
    Point 2003
    Point 2003

Impossible to say which was my favourite, although seeing him in the Olympia was special.

Wow, fantastic, some great memories there for sure

At least we'll always have the Reality Tour DVD

I recently got an original, 1972, Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust on Vinyl at a market over the weekend. Turns out it might be worth something because it's pre mainman contract and has the original black and white lyric sleeve. I only paid 50p for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Nice one. I have "Ziggy Stardust", "Aladdin Sane" and "Diamond Dogs" on 12inch picture disk. I wont be parting with them.

By the way, Ive also seen Motley Crue at Donington 1991.

• Advertisement

By the way, Ive also seen Motley Crue at Donington 1991.

Cool. I seen them earlier this year at Sonisphere. Waited literally a decade or more for that, and was glad it was the original founding members, I'd of been gutted otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

Anyone know if Lamb of god will be playing any where in ireland(prefferably dublin) any time soon(or even later)

I've seen metallica three times, download(ireland), with slipknot and when they p[layed with tenacious d. first time was class, second even better, when they played with the D though i was pretty dissappointed!!

FAIL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Anyone know if Lamb of god will be playing any where in ireland(prefferably dublin) any time soon(or even later)

I've seen metallica three times, download(ireland), with slipknot and when they p[layed with tenacious d. first time was class, second even better, when they played with the D though i was pretty dissappointed!!

FAIL!!

They start work on the new album in Febuary so I'd safely say they'll play sometime in 2011. Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lamb_of_God

They start work on the new album in Febuary so I'd safely say they'll play sometime in 2011. Hope that helps!

Fcukin SWEEEET! Hope they go back to a more Sacrament style , don't get me wrong Wrath was epic!!
    But sacrament is by far there best album!!
    sound! it does help:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Prodigy 4 times.. and I'm only 19!

Prodigy 4 times.. and I'm only 19!

That doesn't surprise me. I would wonder if you will look back in 10 years and still be a fan? I'm not having a go I'm just curious as a lot of Prodigy fans I meet seem to be in their late teens and have liked the band since they were 13 and I can't seem to find anyone who critically appreciated their music well into their late 20's and early 30's

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

only started listening to the prodigy about a year and a half ago, saw em only twice though =/ the oxegen gig was way better than the o2 one though..mindfields made my summer :D im 18. wont miss em for anything now. when they're touring with their next album gonna go to both, belfast and dublin gigs =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

mars bar wrote: »
    The Saw Doctors - 22 or 23 times. :o

It's allowed you're from Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's allowed you're from Galway.

True!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

That doesn't surprise me. I would wonder if you will look back in 10 years and still be a fan? I'm not having a go I'm just curious as a lot of Prodigy fans I meet seem to be in their late teens and have liked the band since they were 13 and I can't seem to find anyone who critically appreciated their music well into their late 20's and early 30's

I'd say i will because when the fat of the land was released in 1997 my dad got it, so was listening to them since i was very young, and still not bored of them. They're the only band where i have every single album, including remix albums and stuff. Except invaders must die :P only time will tell if i'm still listening to them when i'm 30! Or if they're even still going :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Radiohead - 10 times
    2000 - Punchestown
    2001 x 3 - Oxford, Belfast, Stockholm
    2003 x 3 - Olympia, Eurockeennes (sp?), Dublin
    2006 x 2 - Copenhagen x2
    2008 - Dublin

Sigur Ros - 4 times
    2001 x 2- Dublin, Oxford (with Radiohead)
    2003 - Lyon
    2005 - Dublin

I've seen a ton of smaller acts (Autechre, Plaid, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares etc..) a fair few times but my memory is quite hazy on the exact number of times.

Advertisement