Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Connection

• 04-11-2010 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi looking for some help with my Internet connection. I'm running Vista and used to connect to the internet via Belkin 54g to UTV. I had to reset the Belkin back to factory settings and since can't connect to Internet. Now, my laptop connects to the Belkin but it seems the Belkin won't connect to Internet. Help!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Simple question first off, after resetting your DSL router did you configure it again?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You should have a username / password put into the router. Something like csXXXXXXX. Call UTV and they'll sort you out. You can also check your email, you may have it there from sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Gingemiester

So, yeah it was reset back to factory settings. Had to start from beginning. Managed to get ISP settings and my password and have entered these. But no luck.

It appears the Belkin is working ok as I do have the Belkin page up on my laptop and my iPhone also see's the Belkin, connects to it but can't get the Belkin to connect.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yeah your wireless is fine but you'll need to re-check your router config to get it to login, actually just to confirm I take it your router is syncing and when you login to it you can see upstream and downstream yeah?

If yes then recheck VPI/VCI, PPPoE settings etc, give UTV a quick ring and ask them to confirm some settings.

Bare in mind if your using a router that they didn't provide you they likely won't talk you through step by step but they should have no problems giving you the basic settings.

Advertisement