Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking phones

Options
  • 04-11-2010 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I am going to sound old at 28 but anyway i am not into these fancy phones so i honestly have no idea.

I found a phone. Battery was dead. Charged it up, switched it on, asked for pin. Took out sim card, the phone worked fine but messgaes and contacts were in foreign language. It would be nice to return the phone but have no way of finding out. Ah well, i dont mind. Ha ha.

Anyway its on meteor. Im on vodafone and my sim card doesn't work in it.

Can they still unlock phones in these offices/shops type of places? Does that make sense? Not meteor itself cause i would probably have to be the owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What make and model?
    If its an older phone you can unlock it yourself; if not, you will need to head to a store.

It's a painless process, and with a small cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Its a nokia 5800. Would it cost much to get it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can drop it into the closest Gardai station. That's were I would go to look if I lost my phone. If no one claims it and can open it you get it back from them.
    Or do you figure "finders, keepers"?

About the unlock, since the phone didn't cost you anything - go to a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭ixtlan

biko wrote: »
    You can drop it into the closest Gardai station. That's were I would go to look if I lost my phone. If no one claims it and can open it you get it back from them.
    Or do you figure "finders, keepers"?

+1

This is Ireland. It should not be too hard to get someone to read whatever language it is. In fact what I would do is look up the 5800 manual and check how to change to English... you were going to end up doing that anyhow. Then you can text a few of the contacts.

I know you may be thinking here's a free phone, but that's a pretty old model anyhow, and if you do find the owner you may have a friend for life!

Ix.

Advertisement